Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Iris: Goddess of the Rainbow (Support Mage)

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » God & Item Ideas » Iris: Goddess of the Rainbow (Support Mage) 21 posts - page 2 of 3
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Raventhor » October 30, 2013 7:11am | Report
1) Two abilities with a dazzle? hrmmm.
2) That Iridescence says it traps enemies inside. If you hit them at point black range, are they trapped the full 4 seconds? It seems rather overpowered if so, as no melee will EVER touch you. It's already overpowered - I mean the closest thing is Chronos's Stop Time, which only stuns and doens't trap you inside it, and even THAT has been complained about for melee.
3) I don't like how her ult has no indication of arrival. Since you've compared things to HoN, I feel safe in comparing this idea to LoL. Pantheon, Twisted Fate, and Shen can all teleport in one way or another around the map, and ALL have notifications a few entire seconds before it occurs, for the ability to counterplay. There needs to be counterplay potential, or else, with a jungle, it just ends up a 3v1 instantaneously in a solo lane, or 4v2 in a duo lane. I don't like the lack of counterplay potential.
4) Passive is balanced, but boring. No problem specifically with it though.
5) Seriously that Iridescence is broken if you can't jump or dash out of it. She literally never dies to melee ever.
-Demolibium

Raventhor
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Eminent (158)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Raventhor » October 30, 2013 7:17am | Report
Also, I'm really concerned about your ability to catch her whatsoever.
Her 1 Provides a blind.
Her 2 provides the bubble which I've already expressed opinions about
Her 3 provides ANOTHER blind, plus a 35% slow.
Her Ult is only a 1.5 second channel, which is REALLY REALLY fast.
Her Passive gives her 20% movement speed on top of this, because she'll definitely be casting these abilities to get away.

Top this with something like Gem of Isolation and a tanky mage item such as Void Stone or Ethereal Staff or such, and you found yourself an unkillable mage. More unkillable than Chronos, who has 2 lifebars.
-Demolibium

Raventhor
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Eminent (158)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » October 30, 2013 8:41am | Report
Iridescence: While Iridescence traps you, it doesn't shut you down like Chronos' stun. In HoN, Pearl's squishiness and lack of mobility seemed to be the balancing factor. Iris would be squishy, and while I admit that she'll be faster than Pearl, she'll only have a 20% speed boost (While Chronos can go up to 50). Also, her main damaging skill is close range, while the bubblething pushes them back.

How about a cooldown increase to 18/17/16/15/14 seconds? (also, "only" stuns?)

You're probably right about the cripple being too much. Here's a solution: it's treated as a root effect, and you can jump/dash/merc your way out. Smart players would just wait for them to leap, anyway. Does that work?

Magic Hour: If I were to change one thing, would it be the channel time or the lack of warning?

Prismatic Wall: I adjusted the starting lifetime to be shorter. Do you have any problems with this ability, other than the way it meshes with the rest of her kit?

Iris' Unkillable-ness: The Blind won't help much against huge area attacks, most of her kit is very defensively oriented, like Chang'e, and the wall is avoidable unless you're in the jungle or don't have a jump. Her kit is designed to manipulate enemy positions while dealing decent damage. Not to mention that Gem is only applicable on her Color Spray, while Chronos can Gem of Binding + Accelerate out of many sticky situations.

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » October 30, 2013 8:44am | Report
M4XiiMUS wrote:

I'm pretty positive that you can't submit ideas, because trust me all of us would have by now.

...NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Raventhor » October 30, 2013 9:07am | Report
After the reworks, I don't mind it as much. I'd suggest not only the ability to dash out of the bubble, but a max lifetime (To prevent someone from being hit point blank and being caught for 4 seconds, compared to at the very end for a half second). The stun would work as well, but that's preference.

As for the ult, I heavily prefer some kind of warning. Again, channel time isn't bad (although it does provide a near perfect escape), but the lack of counterplay is the problem.

The wall, I suppose a short length would do, considering it's activation pause.
I still find her nearly unkillable, but with counterplay options, that's ok.
-Demolibium

Raventhor
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Eminent (158)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » October 30, 2013 1:00pm | Report
Raventhor wrote:

After the reworks, I don't mind it as much. I'd suggest not only the ability to dash out of the bubble, but a max lifetime (To prevent someone from being hit point blank and being caught for 4 seconds, compared to at the very end for a half second).

Well, the lifetime is supposed to be a balancing factor. Her playstyle is kinda like He Bo's, only with even less long-range skills. You have to constantly go into close range to make the most of your skills.

Also, I cannot see the problem with being moved for four seconds. The spot where enemies are released doesn't change whether they are hit near or far. If I am guessing right, then I think you fear that being caught is a huge danger of vulnerability, being trapped in an easy-to-hit sphere.

How's this: Instead of tick damage, the bubble detonates at the end of the travel time, dealing damage in an area slightly bigger than itself. The distance is the same, the trap mechanics are the same, but the damage comes at the end, and the travel time is halved to 2 seconds, moving about the same distance as Chronos' Stop Time. I'm also considering making this deal decent damage, or weak damage and a status effect.

Is that good? (Note: I'll wait for more input before implementing such a large change).

Raventhor wrote:
The stun would work as well, but that's preference.

I'm afraid I have no idea what this sentence means. Are you suggesting that the bubble stuns, or...?

Raventhor wrote:
As for the ult, I heavily prefer some kind of warning. Again, channel time isn't bad (although it does provide a near perfect escape), but the lack of counterplay is the problem.

Done.

Raventhor wrote:
The wall, I suppose a short length would do, considering it's activation pause.
I still find her nearly unkillable, but with counterplay options, that's ok.

Then I suppose, besides the matter of Iridescence, we're all good.

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Raventhor » October 30, 2013 1:17pm | Report
As far the bubble, I'm not at all scared about the damage, it's the trap itself...I mean 4 seconds is ridiculous, and the longest similar-duration CC in the game is Chang'E's ult, only if it hits 3+ people before you. It makes it relatively IMPOSSIBLE for melee to kill Iris. Plus, since you know EXACTLY where they will be at the end of the bubble, your team just decimates anyone caught in a bubble without prejudice. It basically forces beads for an ability that isn't an ult.

My 2nd sentence had reference you talked about the bubble as a stun, but I think I was misguided.

As for everything else, indeed, the god sounds fine!

But yeah I don't think there's a way to submit God ideas to HiRez, as they at all times have many queued up, and all of the RazeMage god contest ideas would have already been submitted.
-Demolibium

Raventhor
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Eminent (158)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Sirsir94 » October 31, 2013 1:50pm | Report
Doesn't Ra already have a similar dazzle effect?

I really like the ultimate, but it should not have unlimited range. TF in League had an unlimited range teleport and he could set up truly ridiculous plays. And maybe bump the channel time up to 2 seconds.

I'm not too worried about the spammable Dazzle, from what I understand its a slight screen cover and no indicators, not that hard to play around (of course if it renders your entire screen completely unusable you might want to make it so that it applies a buff that reduces the duration of dazzles for the next 8ish seconds)
PENTAS: Loki
Quadras: Cupid, Artemis, Loki, Ah Muzen Cab

Sirsir94

Remarkable (6)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » October 31, 2013 2:00pm | Report
I thought of an alternative to the teleport. I'm not sure if the name should be changed, but it basically involves Iris flying like Thanatos. It's an alternative to instant teleportation, but it is obviously far more limited (visibility, speed and distance limits, etc). So if I were to include a secondary effect, what should it be?

Or I could just keep the teleport.

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Sirsir94 » October 31, 2013 8:01pm | Report
Well, either keep the teleport and raise the channel time, or make her inflict a 1/1.33/1.66/2/2.5 second dazzle with mild-decent damage when she lands.
PENTAS: Loki
Quadras: Cupid, Artemis, Loki, Ah Muzen Cab

Sirsir94

Remarkable (6)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }