Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Iris: Goddess of the Rainbow (Support Mage)

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » God & Item Ideas » Iris: Goddess of the Rainbow (Support Mage) 21 posts - page 1 of 3
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » October 21, 2013 12:19am | Report
Iris is a mage with high mobility, with the notable ability to teleport.

New Status Effect: Dazzled: Enemy Player's screen is covered with bright, distracting colors and they lose their targeting indicators.

Passive: Messenger of the Gods:
Iris gains 10% movement speed for 5 seconds after casting an ability or when moving toward a visible (to self, not on map) ally. Max 2 stacks

1: Color Spray
Iris blinds an enemy with brilliant colors, dealing 60/110/160/210/260 (+85% of your magical power) damage and dazzling them for 1 second.

Area: Narrow Cone Cooldown: 5 seconds

2: Iridescence
Iris creates a 10-foot radius sphere of light, that travels in a line, trapping enemies inside the sphere on contact. This is a root effect. After reaching the end of its travel length, the sphere detonates, dealing 80/140/200/260/320 damage (+50% of your magical power) in a 15-foot radius circle.

Travel Time: 2 seconds (roughly as long as Chronos' Sphere) Cooldown: 18/17/16/15/14 seconds

3: Prismatic Wall
Iris creates a wall of light. Enemies that pass through are dazzled and slowed by 35% for 2 seconds. There is a small delay between activation and the wall's appearance, and it is possible to summon the wall with an enemy inside.

Wall Lifetime: 1/2/3/4/5 seconds Cooldown: 14 seconds

4: Magic Hour
Iris channels for 2.0 seconds before teleporting to any point in the map. There is a shimmering effect on the site of the incoming teleport.

Cooldown: 110/100/90/80/70 seconds

Role: A versatile mage who lacks hard CC or sustain, but makes up for it with damage, soft CC, and mobility.

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by RazeMage » October 21, 2013 12:32am | Report
My problem might be the 1 deals too much damage for 5 second cooldown and the ulti is a bit too much. Maybe make the ulti only travel half of the map only

RazeMage
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (58)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » October 21, 2013 12:42am | Report
Actually, He Bo deals more damage with a shorter cooldown. Chronos has a skill with identical cooldown and slightly less damage, but Chronos doesn't have to get in the god's face.

Trade off:

Distance and safety for damage and a status effect.

Less damage and a longer cooldown than He Bo in exchange for the status.

And as for her ult? I don't like putting a limit on distance. It feels too confining, and really, I don't think maximum distance is a problem here. I kinda expected a problem with the channel time, but I guess not.

But thanks for the feedback!

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by outlawing » October 21, 2013 4:20pm | Report
I'm not very fond of your dazzled effect. You need to develop the real effect IG or add a picture because my bigger concern about it is epilepsy. For some people Baccus' ult is barely acceptable so a frequent colors fireworks...

Messenger of the gods: You should reduce the movement speed buff or distinguish the two cases.

Color Spray: Damages are so damn high and cooldown so damn short. 5s with nothing, 3s with the RCD cap. With a 1s CC it becomes entirely broken. Change first ability does less damages and she has not that CC but the stun during her ult.

Iridescence : Is this a stun a root? I'm confused, please add some details.

Prismatic wall: The wall lifetime should not increase IMO.

Magic Hour: Doesn't fit in the support kit IMO. I will make more sense that she has an Ult which can help her mates. Why not a team portal or something like that.

outlawing

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » October 21, 2013 6:19pm | Report
Oh ****. I forgot about epilepsy. My bad, but I don't think it will be a problem. My idea for dazzled was like what happens when you stare at the sun for too long. You sort of get patches of color splayed over your vision, but they don't blink back and forth like those seizure lights.

If the problem still exists, then I'm afraid I have no clue what to do. I'm not certified in optometry.

Color Spray: Hrm. I guess I underestimated the dazzling effect. I'll lower the base damage by 20 and the scaling by 5%. Just keep in mind that He No can multiply his damage and has a shorter cooldown.

Sorta like this:

Iridescence: Ever hear of Pearl, or Heroes of Newerth? It's like one of her abilities, she fires a projectile sorta like Chronos' Stop Time, only it traps enemies inside on contact. They aren't stunned or anything, they just take DoT and are pushed with the bubble. But you can't dash or jump out.

Depending on the speed of the orb and the distance they are pushed, this can be OP, but I think that it can be balanced. Unfortunately, we can't exactly test it and modify it in game, so I am presenting it as a concept.

Prismatic Wall: Eh, I think it's fine. It doesn't prevent you from moving through, and I can't think of anything else to increase with level. Maybe the slow effect, but where do I draw the line? 70% slow? And if I do modify the slow effectiveness, how long should the wall last?

Magic Hour: Well, she's a messenger of the gods, who moves between the heavens and earth on a rainbow. It was the only thing I thought of that seemed appropriate. I wouldn't expect her to start whacking people with a giant rainbow, or dealing huge damage in an area. I mean, she is the goddess of light, rainbows, and the sky. I don't think I can add a lot of damage in her kit without contradicting lore.

I'm also afraid that if I buff the teleport somehow, like say, she heals in a certain radius of her landing position, it would become OP. YMMV.

Also, I think I should remove the 'support' from her description. Too restricting, and she can't heal anyway.

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by outlawing » October 22, 2013 12:36am | Report
Ability 1: Thanks for details. When you said distracting colors, I was thinking about bouquet of colors' animation. It's clearer now. But this ability is still to powerful.

Ability 2: Trap notion was misleading. But basically affected gods gain the Cripple CC so it should be better to write it explicitly.

Ability 3: Make a limit for foes who can pass through it. This limit increases with higher rank. Or make the wall's width to increase with the ability's ranks. Or just keep the wall's lifetime increase, but lower values to 1/2/3/4/5.

Ult: You should google rainbow. You have several interesting leads to improve her Ult, about refraction, etc.

outlawing

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » October 22, 2013 3:40am | Report
Update: Clarifications, further nerfing of Color Spray (Base damage reduced by 20). Wall lifetime reduced to 2/3/4/5/6 seconds.

About the ultimate: the teleporting is a design choice. Yeah, if you don't like it, that's fine, but please restrict your criticism toward balance, not personal preference.

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by outlawing » October 23, 2013 5:35am | Report
I said it didn't fit in the kit IMO. It always do, even she's not a support anymore. I never said I don't like it.

I understand you want to stick to her lore but she will be more useful if you don't make her ult global and add an other effect to it.

Others updates are good though.

outlawing

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » October 30, 2013 4:12am | Report
Uh, does anyone think this idea is good enough to actually submit? And does anyone know where to submit it?

Also, I have an alternative ultimate:

Refraction: Iris fires a beam of light (kinda like Ra's ult), dealing 250/350/450/550/650 damage (+100% of your magical power). The beam splits upon contacting an enemy in six directions, from the side to the other in 30° increments. The first enemy hit is blinded for 1.4/1.8/2.2/2.6//3.0 seconds, while enemies hit by the refraction are dazzled and take 25% less damage. Cooldown: 80/75/70/65/60 seconds.

Please note that due to the refraction angles, it is impossible for the beam to hit anything arranged in a line, so Hades + Iris won't actually make a good combo. In fact, the safest formation against this ult is to simply stand behind a tank. You can use this on a minion wave to disco your enemies to death, or you can use it with some luck to hit an entire group.

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by M4XiiMUS » October 30, 2013 7:03am | Report
I'm pretty positive that you can't submit ideas, because trust me all of us would have by now.

M4XiiMUS

Prominent (30)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }