Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Hestia: Goddess of the Hearth (Ranged Magical Tank)

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » God & Item Ideas » Hestia: Goddess of the Hearth (Ranged Magical Tank) 19 posts - page 1 of 2
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » December 24, 2013 5:48pm | Report

That's right, a child is a tank. If Ne Zha can be an assassin, why not a tank?

Passive: Keeper of the Hearth:
Hestia gains a stack of Hearth for every ally within 30 feet. For every stack of Hearth she has, allies within 30 feet regenerate 0.2% of Hestia's maximum health per second and gain 5 protections.

1: Kindling:
Hestia heals allies in a 30-foot radius around her by 50/70/90/110/130 (+50% of your magical power), increasing the amount healed by 1% per every percent of the target's missing health.

Cooldown: 12 seconds

2: Flames of the Hearth:
Hestia conjures a blazing fire at target location that lasts indefinitely. It deals 10/20/30/40/50 damage (+10% of your magical power) per second. Allies within the radius gain 15/20/25/30/35 protections and enemies lose just as much. The fire has 20% of Hestia's health and protections, and is healed by Keeper of the Hearth.

Radius: 35 feet
Max 3 fires
Cooldown: 16 seconds

3: Homeguard:
Hestia vanishes and reappears next to an ally in a burst of flame, dealing 70/110/150/190/240 damage (+80% of your magical power) and stunning all enemies within 15 feet. Her target location must be within 15 feet of an ally, one of her fires, or a map objective.

Radius: 35 feet.
Stun time: 0.75/1.0/1.25/1.5/1.75 seconds.
Cooldown: 16 seconds

Ultimate: Eternal Flame:
Hestia grants her allies an undying fire. All allies on the map are healed for 150/225/300/375/450 health (+80% of your magical power) and gain an Eternal Fire buff for 4 seconds. Those with the buff gain 25% of Hestia's bonus protections. The protections from Eternal Fire cannot be reduced.

Cooldown: 90 seconds

I wanted to create a ranged tank that was actually ranged (*cough*Hades*cough).

Like most tanks, there are going to be a few that try to build her full mage. This is an inevitability of pretty much every god design, and I tried to give some advantages to building full tank.

Her passive is an incentive to stick together, but I'm worried about the regen and protections being too strong. I'd appreciate feedback.

Her 1 is basically a comeback mechanic as a heal. Highest possible healing is 312.9 + 119.2% of your magical power, assuming that allies would be at 1% health (0% is obviously impossible). Hel's heal has a maximum base of 270 + 72%, and a lower cooldown.

Her 2 is meant to be a waveclear and zoning tool. OP?

Her 3 was interesting. I wanted to create a teleport that wasn't broken, and a hard CC, while fitting in with the "guardian of the home" theme. The result is Homeguard, and I think it's pretty awesome. The fact that you can't completely control where it goes is it's main balancing mechanic. Keep in mind that she can still teleport within 15 feet of herself, but that's a really tiny distance.

Her ultimate is like a more versatile Wish from LoL.

So...what do you think?

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by CrystalStorm » December 26, 2013 12:21am | Report
I like the whole idea but the passive....
It is kinda op that you get 25 protections when you are 5.
In arena you will be like 100% of the time in the middle of the teamfight.
And it goes to everyone on your team so you can protect your carries and they will kill everything without dying.I say lower the protections or make it so just she gets them.
But it will be not so great in the late game.So idk.
My favourite god are Aphrodite and Chang´e.My favourite Lol champions are Lux and Nami.My favourite Dawngate shaper is Amarynth.My favourite Dota 2 hero is Crystal Maiden.Yes i love Mobas

My Smite is IcepriestSK.
My LoL is CrystalStorm257.
My Dawngate is CrystalStormSK.

CrystalStorm

Notable (1)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » December 26, 2013 12:24am | Report
I should change the aura to 30 feet. Staying together in a 30 foot area is kinda suicidal in a teamfight, but should be good for tactical purposes.

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » December 26, 2013 2:46pm | Report
Ipdate: HUDE chang'e tu Flames of th eHEarth, basically Thumper 2.0. Also, Homeguard can be used in it.

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by M4XiiMUS » December 26, 2013 3:22pm | Report
Subzero008 wrote:

Ipdate: HUDE chang'e tu Flames of th eHEarth, basically Thumper 2.0. Also, Homeguard can be used in it.

Can I get that in English please? Lol.

M4XiiMUS

Prominent (30)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » December 26, 2013 4:14pm | Report
Update: HUGE change to Flames of the Heart, and it's basically a Thumper now. Also, Homeguard can teleport to it, which I think is a nice bit of synergy there.

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Raventhor » December 28, 2013 8:39pm | Report
I read it over first, then went back to look over numbers, and I'm pretty pleased with how she is designed. My only caution is she seems like a tanky mage, as she doesn't really have any CC outside a really sketchy blink. You've more or less created a tanky Soraka (and I"m not just referencing the ult, haha), but that might not be too much of a problem if people play her well.

Her passive is pretty nifty. .8% isn't too bad of a passive heal, and it's only in a teamfight setting so it provides a nice tower-siege regeneration, but it won't be overpowered in a teamfight. 20 Protections isn't overpowered either - it's less than half a full Hide of the Urchin/Leviathan.

Her first ability isn't bad, but as your numbers have shown, it can do more than hel, who was always known as the healer - over aphro, over ra, and over chang'e. I'd tone it down a tad. I like the comeback statistic though, it provides tactics - are you willing to go lower to provide more bang for your buck, and risk death, or play it safe and make your mana a little less inefficient in exchange for safety? Good move, just a little too high. Especially with this healing everyone.

Her second ability is an interesting take on a Thumper. I'd remove the protection buff, and leave just a debuff, as the combination with the passive is a tad overkill, and a damaging protection swap is a bit bad. I like that it's an entity, actually, as it provides the ability to tank shots for your team, and gives her at least a slight sense of being a tank, rather than a support. Since it gains part of her health and protections, it gives the ability to annoy the hell out of the enemy ADC. Damage is a tad high, but if you reduce the scaling on her first heal, and tank is provided as the only really solid build path, the MP contribution won't matter too much.

Her blink is exactly what I expect in a blink - big fallback, or an ultimate. Blink is one of the most powerful moves in this game, and removing it's end-all-be-all escape mechanism is my favorite take on it so far. But it still provides a decent amount of utility, as even a 15 foot radius around herself, when tied to a nice length stun, gives the ability to escape well enough combined with her heals and passive. I also like the combination of it with Hearth - just make sure Hearth isn't too far reaching of an ability, or it may provide TOO easy of an escape - similar to how Chaac's 1+2 escape is atm.

Question: Does this go through walls? I'm not sure if I'd rather it, or rather it not, to be honest..

Finally, her ultimate is a glorified, but better, Soraka ult, that I don't mind. I'd prefer the protections to not be COMPLETELY negligible - makes your ADC too powerful in teamfights since the enemy's Titan's Bane / Voidblade / The Executioner is useless. I'd suggest this bonus is only half affected by penetrations. The heal is decent for an ultimate that doesn't gain CDR per level, and still gives nice map presence since she doesn't have the roaming capabilities of Athena, Bacchus, or Sobek.

All in all, I like her. She's more of a magical bruiser than a tank, however, as she has no initiation WHATSOEVER, unless she hearth+homeguards straight into the enemy team, but past that she won't do anything else. She's like a Vulcan combined with a Ra in a support-bruiser-tank, that's the best way I can describe it. Ethereal Staff will be nearly rushed on her.
A+, do like. :D
-Demolibium

Raventhor
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Eminent (158)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » December 28, 2013 11:40pm | Report
TY for the feedback.

I think I could reduce the numbers a bit on her one.

I think I should remove the debuff, actually. It reduces her damage potential while still retaining the "home" theme. Maybe have it count as an ally? I'm also considering having them act as wards, but it might be bloating it a bit.

Her teleport can go through walls, but I think the only walls short enough are the ones around the buff camps. Also, her fires can't be placed through walls, so that's there.

Oh, and her ultimate's protections can't be reduced, but they are still affected by flat penetration. So Hinder and Demonic Grip's debuffs don't work, but Titan's Bane and focused voidblade will.

(I guess she could be sorta like Ymir, who also has no initiation unless he has Blink.)

;)

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Chiulin » January 10, 2014 1:44pm | Report
This would be. My favorite character. By far. I would literally never use anything else. Perfect.

Chiulin

Prominent (31)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Sloogz » January 11, 2014 7:27pm | Report
I just realized that Hestia's ultimate has the same name as one of Pele's abilities in my Pele guide....lol!
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Sloogz

Notable (4)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }