Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Fatalis for Dummies? (Freya)

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » God & Item Ideas » Fatalis for Dummies? (Freya) 36 posts - page 3 of 4
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Slappiz » October 31, 2012 3:57am | Report
There always is a better build for certain things, but I can't see any other Ymir build that offers good utility and still allow you to tank like a baws while dealing noticeable damage.
Don't get me wrong, I'm just a handsome **********er

Slappiz

Notable (1)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Westighouse » October 31, 2012 5:05am | Report
Spear of the Magus
reinforced boots
Rod of Tahuti
Void Stone
warlock's sash

Youll have the damage and good HP with magic protection as well as enough pen to get your damage through protection. Take 6th slot for something of protection that you need.

Westighouse

Renowned (102)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Slappiz » October 31, 2012 5:10am | Report
Quoted:

Spear of the Magus
reinforced boots
Rod of Tahuti
Void Stone
warlock's sash

Youll have the damage and good HP with magic protection as well as enough pen to get your damage through protection. Take 6th slot for something of protection that you need.

Tbh I would never ever use that build for Ymir. It's like building AP Nunu in LoL, he scales good with AP but he is a awful mage.

Slappiz

Notable (1)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by LevasK » October 31, 2012 5:47am | Report
Slappiz wrote:

Tbh I would never ever use that build for Ymir. It's like building AP Nunu in LoL, he scales good with AP but he is a awful mage.

Idk who nunu is but the build asmoday gave you work pretty well although I would switch places of rod and warlock

LevasK
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (52)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Westighouse » October 31, 2012 5:51am | Report
I used that build countless times, the damage you throw out along with the damage you can take is very high on both ends. You destroy MR on the entire other team, have pretty good magic power, help your magic carries out and also get HP + mana + more magic power from sash.

Ran that build, almost never got past item 4, with Hades this evening and was setting my entire team up for super easy kills. I was walking around 3 shotting people and my AK would finish them off.
Built Ymir that way twice and did just fine with him, tho I hate him and find him very boring and a really bad god. Lets face it, you stay away from him you make him useless. He has to land his 3, he misses that the rest of his attacks never land. I just dont like that set up personally.

Westighouse

Renowned (102)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Slappiz » October 31, 2012 6:04am | Report
Quoted:

Built Ymir that way twice and did just fine with him, tho I hate him and find him very boring and a really bad god. Lets face it, you stay away from him you make him useless. He has to land his 3, he misses that the rest of his attacks never land. I just dont like that set up personally.

So tell me more about why you should focus on magical power items on Ymir ? You got 2 damage spells and only one with low cooldown, seems kinda useless to build items that you can not fully take advantage of. Ymir is not a good magical damage dealer Imo.

Slappiz

Notable (1)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Westighouse » October 31, 2012 3:06pm | Report
Ymir is one of the top damaging gods in the game that isnt a pure carry in the game. Not trying to be rude here, it just sounds like you are new to the game and just need more games to see what he can do.
Building him Physical he has the top damage in the game, if it crits.

Westighouse

Renowned (102)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Slappiz » October 31, 2012 11:53pm | Report
Quoted:

Ymir is one of the top damaging gods in the game that isnt a pure carry in the game. Not trying to be rude here, it just sounds like you are new to the game and just need more games to see what he can do.
Building him Physical he has the top damage in the game, if it crits.

so how does your build give that damage ?
Your arguments got no basis, tbh it sounds to me that you are new to these kind of games and got no clue of what certain gods are supposed to do. First you talk about building magic, then you say he is Top physical damage dealer, don't get me wrong but you don't seem to be an intelligent player.

Slappiz

Notable (1)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Westighouse » November 1, 2012 1:05am | Report
What happens is with the magic power you get from rod, spear and sash combined with the shattering of the MR through void stone you are able to lock someone down with his 3, his 2 hits pretty hard and the wall placed correctly allows for you to either ult for upwards to 1.6k on average and or your auto attacks with his passive procing.

You really dont need a ton of damaging items to do heavy damage. You have the other items to take damage with your natural high defense of being a tank role lets you stick with people in a fight. The difference here is, a carry can get in there and 2-3 shot someone on average or atleast get them dangerously low. They cant take damage tho so, obviously you know, they need to get out and pick when to go in. As a ymir it takes a set up and a little bit more time, granted some luck, to do the same damage but you can sit there and take damage as well.

Not to mention for a takn role Ymir's ratios are pretty damn good. I played a bit of LoL and my room mates all play LoL like a religion. I have noticed that there you need more damaging items to see a increase of damage compared to Smite where with 2 damage items in mid game you see massive damage. Try it out, buy Ares and follow my guide. As you can see the build is close to that of the Ymir one posted. Try it one game and play smart, land your 1s and you can see how high that damage is. Yet he doesnt have carry items, its about being able to do medium damage but staying in the fight forcing them to run.

Could just be my playstyle and an unorthadox one, but it works for me...even tho I firmly believe Ares is like Garren....he just simply wins his lane, only Ares doesnt fall off like Garren did / does. (sorry its been over a year since I last seriously played LoL so Im not sure if its still the same for him.)

Westighouse

Renowned (102)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Slappiz » November 1, 2012 3:04am | Report
You still don't see it and why bring Ares to this discussion ?
some gods are not supposed to act as damage dealers, if you'd have played LoL you should now this, yeah sure smite is a different game but the principle is the same. There are gods who are mainly built for dealing damage and some are made to help your carrys to land their combos by setting up crowd control effects etc. and some are made to supress and zone enemy carrys so they are not able to deal damage to your teams main damage dealers.

So why should I focus on damage items instead of utilizing the utility of the god. Ofc you will deal more damage if you build damage, no doubt, but yur job is not to deal damage but to make sure that your carries can deal damage and survive. Acting as a meat shield for your team is one of the key features with this kind of gods.

Slappiz

Notable (1)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }