Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Fatalis for Dummies? (Freya)

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » God & Item Ideas » Fatalis for Dummies? (Freya) 36 posts - page 1 of 4
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Protato » October 18, 2012 10:15pm | Report
I know Fatalis is useless for most (if not all) gods currently in the game. However, with the release of Freya this week I was wondering if maybe it's this item's time to shine. With most of Freya's harassing/damage abilities being her auto attack would Fatalis be a viable item to use?

This is just my personal opinion!

Some reasons I might consider Fatalis viable on Freya:

a) She is moderately easy to gank so the movement speed is a welcome bonus.

b) The cooldown % on Fatalis is great for harassing your opponents or pushing lanes. (Important to mention that I do not currently use any other items which reduce CD's)

c) There are zero items in the game at the moment that provide magical damage and attack speed ( which if you were wondering benefits Freya greatly due to the fact that most of her damage comes from her auto attacks and scales with magical damage!)

I look at all these facts and personally I feel like Fatalis is a great fit to Freya despite the fact that it gives no base stats.

Please feel free to share your opinions on this! Any feedback (even negative) would be greatly appreciated. Also if you have any tips on some possible replacements for Fatalis your input would be awesome!

Protato

Notable (1)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Westighouse » October 18, 2012 10:39pm | Report
Replacements for fatalis.
Anything that has stats.

the item is garbage, and will always be garbage because it has 0 stats. You might attack fast, or have quick CDs, but the damage output isnt there because you are lacking stats. They are too important. You will get about the same outcome if you dont buy an item at all.

Tho I have all but given up, people still think its a great item and now with it in the reccommended section for Freya people are using that for reason. So, please build this item and let me beat you in lane all day with your ****py items lol.

Westighouse

Renowned (102)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Murrdurr » October 19, 2012 10:42am | Report
Asmoday, either you are saying Freya shouldn't build attack-speed at all which I don't agree with, it boosts her magically applied, skillbased damage onto her autoattacks... or you are saying buy executioner on her or some ****, which seems ****tea. Her magic-scaling isn't all that great (it's actually really friggen poor), hence why I personally think building around -some- attackspeed (the cheap fatalis) is a good trade.

Yes, fatalis isn't the item-to-go on 95% of the gods, but the gods that actually benefit from attackspeed due to skill-applied damage do. Baka, somewhat, with butcherblades, and Freya. On baka I'd personally go for executioner above fatalis, but for freya, I do not know.

Murrdurr

Notable (2)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Protato » October 19, 2012 11:47am | Report
I agree that Fatalis is a garbage item. That was never the question. The question was wether or not there is anything better for Freya.

I don't see any greater benefits for her using any other item with attack speed. If you look at most of the other items, although they might give base stats (physical power), they still don't help Freya as well as Fatalis does (in my opinion). The cooldown reduction and attack speed are unparralleled. However if you were to introduce Chronos' Pendant into your build I can see where Fatalis would be useless. Assuming you can find a better item to cover the attack speed.

And Asmoday I appreciate your input. I've read many of your posts that have helped me out greatly with both my gameplay and understanding. Your posts on the Fatalis thread are what caused me to post this. However I don't think it's as black and white as "Fatalis is terrible".

I'm definitely not qualified to crunch the numbers and sim the possible damage output but taking into consideration Freya's abilities, her need for attack speed and cooldown reduction, and the other items in her build (which for me personally do not include CDR or attack speed), Fatalis seems like a decent choice.

*EDIT* And no I did not choose Fatalis because it was in the recommended section:)

Protato

Notable (1)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Westighouse » October 19, 2012 1:52pm | Report
Thats the thing you guys are not seeing, Freya isnt a melee god that needs attack speed. She is a magic carry like an Angi. I have talked to many players on pro teams as well as high elo players as well as testing it myself. Fatalis is never a good item because there are no stats on it. No stats mean sure you might be attacking faster, but you are not hitting me as hard as you should and could be doing.

Freya does NOT want attack speed. We have tested this build and its ok, but not the best. If you guys want to build Fatalis by all means go for it, but know that you are not buying and doing everything that gives you the best chance at winning and the best chance at having the best things for that god. Fatalis is one of the items that will separate the good for bad just like people that buy Vampiric Shroud

Westighouse

Renowned (102)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by mastaninja » October 19, 2012 2:00pm | Report
i am not really qualified to crunch numbers either but heres what ive got some of my assumptions on what is effected by stats like magical power may be off but it looks good

basic assumptions-
using this build https://www.smitefire.com/smite/guide/freya-the-real-no-escape-edits-made-402

i will have 235 magical power and 10.85 mp5 at lv 15 assuming full stacks on warlocks sash
freyas basic attacks are physical

there is a 22% gold difference between fatalis and choronos pendant with the pendant being more expensive

since 20% cooldown is the same we will compare the other two stats

50 magical power vs 35% attack speed- 50 magical power is a 21% magical power increase, now not all of this equates into damage, since the basic attacks are physical this may not effect as much as you may think, the passive converts 20% of magical power into physical, pulse adds 20% of magical power as damage and , irradiate 30%, so overall we get about a 10% damage increase
vs 35% attack speed this effects your irradiate and pulse which are your main skills, and maybe your ult, 35% attack speed does not equate to 35% more damage since if you only hit once or hit once and then hit once again in 20 seconds or something attack speed does not help, but it is certainly more effective damage wise

25 mp5 vs 10% movement since you have 10.85 mp5 without any other mp5 items 25mp5 can be assumed to be more effective than the extra 10% movement speed assuming u have boots, there is no real way to compare how much of a difference there is between these stats, so it comes down to personal choice more than anything

overall i think fatalis is better, you may want to get more mp5 sooner to compensate if you find you need more mana

mastaninja

Notable (1)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Kaseus » October 19, 2012 4:33pm | Report
Fatalis is plenty viable for Freya and using it doesn't mean you're trying to be a " melee god that needs attack speed."

its the fact that it lets her fire more bolts with pulse and her ultimate. Without attack speed you can fire 7 bolts

with fatalis you can fire 9

With both fatalis and Qin's blade you can fire 10 and yes they will proc Qin's on hit affect.

Can one more additional Magic item give you more damage than 2 extra bolts from fatalis? I don't think so. Then again I don't talk to a bunch of pros or whatever

Kaseus

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Westighouse » October 19, 2012 4:48pm | Report
It does not give you more shots on your ult, you only get 4.
Yes actually you can do more damage with magic items over fatalis. Go test it in a game and you will see that if a proper build against a proper build (With fatalis) you will do more damage without the fatalis.

Westighouse

Renowned (102)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by mastaninja » October 19, 2012 8:38pm | Report
of course you will do more damage im talking about dps, unless 100% of magical power goes to damage (which it doesent) its not even a contest on dps

mastaninja

Notable (1)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Westighouse » October 19, 2012 9:09pm | Report
mastaninja wrote:

of course you will do more damage im talking about dps, unless 100% of magical power goes to damage (which it doesent) its not even a contest on dps

PvP fights are about who can out CC and out burst the other first first. Not who can sit there and out DPS the other. You need to be able to get in, kill someone and get out to save yourself as fast as possible. Even more so with Smite as the game itself is very very very fast paced for a MOBA of its style.

sure there are times when DPS will be good on Gods, but not for a carry, you want massive damage quickly on them. A brusier or a hybrid tank DPS is alright for em.

Westighouse

Renowned (102)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }