Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Why Smite's Website Needs to Be More Honest

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » General Discussion » Why Smite's Website Needs to Be More Honest 21 posts - page 1 of 3
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » March 14, 2014 6:58am | Report
http://www.hirezstudios.com/smite/nav/game-info/gods/god-info?god=1676

Look at Chang'e, specifically her chest, specifically her dress cleavage cut.

http://smite.gamepedia.com/Chang'e

Now look at the official card art.

I mean, really? Seriously? This is how low they sunk? Freaking photoshop tits?

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Greenevers » March 14, 2014 3:21pm | Report
Think you had the wrong link for the first one... It's to Hades? and "'e" is missing from the second link haha. Dun know what's wrong

Greenevers
<Retired Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (105)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » March 14, 2014 3:51pm | Report
It's the side of the website, sort of like Apollo and Sobek for smitefire. Left side, to be exact.

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Greenevers » March 14, 2014 4:42pm | Report
Ohhh hahaha true true

Greenevers
<Retired Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (105)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Firraria » March 14, 2014 5:06pm | Report
I see what they did but I don't see how it's a big deal.

Firraria
<Skullcracker>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (58)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by arka222 » March 14, 2014 5:28pm | Report
Dont see a big issue here, cant makeout much.
Fun and Heart
IGN: arka222
Clan: ARKA GANG
Motto: Never let the team down..find a way to win..
My Guide on Vulcan
A god idea...

arka222

Memorable (12)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by MadDanny » March 15, 2014 5:55am | Report
I really don't know why I want to say this again... I mean really. I've said this a lot of times before. For: Advertisement. Attention. Allure; Any more A's I can add?

Seriously. Smite is NOT LoL/Dota 2. It didn't start at the time when Dota in WC3 was picking up, it never had the chance, it was to late to jump into the wagon of fame like the MOBAs of now. Smite was only able to take the low class cart. I want to argue. I really do. But... I've talked about this issue a LOT of times.

You'll just have to learn for yourself once you maybe take a "Business" class. Just wait till you start college/university, you might have one in your course and then you'll finally understand how businesses and advertisement works.

It just "helps" them you know? H
This is my signature. It is full of vowels and consonants.
In-game name: MadDany

Owner of: SmiteFireGaming clan. Open for our SmiteFire community members
Pm or look for our thread(I'd prefer if you'd go to our threadsince I don't online that often.)
A.K.A.The Mad Priest

MadDanny

Prominent (34)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Nex The Slayer » March 17, 2014 4:16am | Report
MadDanny wrote:

I really don't know why I want to say this again... I mean really. I've said this a lot of times before. For: Advertisement. Attention. Allure; Any more A's I can add?

Seriously. Smite is NOT LoL/Dota 2. It didn't start at the time when Dota in WC3 was picking up, it never had the chance, it was to late to jump into the wagon of fame like the MOBAs of now. Smite was only able to take the low class cart. I want to argue. I really do. But... I've talked about this issue a LOT of times.

You'll just have to learn for yourself once you maybe take a "Business" class. Just wait till you start college/university, you might have one in your course and then you'll finally understand how businesses and advertisement works.

It just "helps" them you know? H

Just because everybody dose something, doesn't mean that its suddenly ok to do it.
I know sex sales, but its the cheapest trick in the god dam book to just put an attractive women (or sometimes man) that has absolutely noting to do with what you are selling just to play on men/women's desires.

If this keeps going Smite is going to be known as "The MOBA with sexy goddesses in it".

Nex The Slayer

Prominent (37)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by MadDanny » March 17, 2014 6:19am | Report

Just because everybody dose something, doesn't mean that its suddenly ok to do it.
I know sex sales, but its the cheapest trick in the god dam book to just put an attractive women (or sometimes man) that has absolutely noting to do with what you are selling just to play on men/women's desires.

If this keeps going Smite is going to be known as "The MOBA with sexy goddesses in it".

http://www.heroesofthestorm.com/en-us
Scroll down and you'll see Kerrigan's succubus skin. They have so many other characters with cool skins, and yet they put that up instead.

http://blog.dota2.com/?l=english
See the bat girl? or maybe the cleavage of the mage?

http://lol.garena.ph/
I'm not sure if your seeing what I'm seeing. But what I'm seeing is a beach scene with 2 of their female characters in bikinis.

Now... what's the difference between smite? The size? The model? The art? Nope. No difference at all. All of them are in the FRONT page of their site. All of them have girls with CLEAVAGE on them.
This is my signature. It is full of vowels and consonants.
In-game name: MadDany

Owner of: SmiteFireGaming clan. Open for our SmiteFire community members
Pm or look for our thread(I'd prefer if you'd go to our threadsince I don't online that often.)
A.K.A.The Mad Priest

MadDanny

Prominent (34)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Raventhor » March 17, 2014 6:50am | Report

Difference is, the "attractive women" do have to do with what they're selling. It's not like Call of Rome or some of the other online RTS using fake advertiseent. This is actually Chang'E.

I still have 0 problem with it. This post has literally been done so many times.
-Demolibium

Raventhor
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Eminent (158)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }