Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

What do you like more about Smite then about other MOBA's?

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » General Discussion » What do you like more about Smite then about other MOBA's? 37 posts - page 2 of 4
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by All4Games » June 28, 2013 6:08am | Report
SacredElite wrote:

True, I sometime wonder why people can be so blind of the other content Smite has to offer

were not blind but i personly don't like domination and joust.
i rarely joust **** talker's who need an *** beating and that's fun but for the rest no i don't like.
never forget dawngate and never forgive EA. Freia will hunt them for eternity.

All4Games

Distinguished (54)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Animusliberus » June 28, 2013 7:21am | Report
wow guys, you're missing the most awesome and most unique thing smite has to offer

we're playing with GODS :D

no "champions" or "heroes" can defeat a GOD ^^

yeah, I <3 mythology ^^
if you need anything just PM or ask me when I'm streaming here

Animusliberus
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Esteemed (93)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by All4Games » June 28, 2013 7:24am | Report

wow guys, you're missing the most awesome and most unique thing smite has to offer

we're playing with GODS :D

no "champions" or "heroes" can defeat a GOD ^^

yeah, I <3 mythology ^^

true so so true. thanks for reminding me of that on.
never forget dawngate and never forgive EA. Freia will hunt them for eternity.

All4Games

Distinguished (54)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by HiFromBuddha » June 28, 2013 7:58am | Report
Piederman wrote:

I bet 90% of the answers that you'll get are "Third person perspective", so I'm going to say something different, I prefer Smite over other MOBAs because it has unique game modes like Domination and Joust, which I've always wanted.

I myself, never play Joust or Domination. (I don't play Domination because my team mates are usually braindead and have no idea what to do).

The only unique game modes I play is Arena and Assault, but that's only for when I want a quick game or to get first win bonus. Other than that, I just stick to Conquest.
The top rated He Bo guide on SmiteFire!
My rather unimpressive and slowly growing anime list!
Currently watching:
    Punchline
Currently Reading:
    Utsuro no Hako to Zero Maria
    Nisekoi: False Love
    The World God Only Knows

HiFromBuddha
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (115)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by sorcerer455 » June 28, 2013 9:57am | Report
Smite relies a lot on skill since you have to land you abilities and basic attacks. Plus I really like gods and that's what this game is all about.
"I wouldn't call me 'itsy bitsy' if I were you" "Who needs catnip when I have you"
My Arachne guide http://www.smitefire.com/smite/guide/arachne-the-weaver-guide-977

sorcerer455

Notable (3)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Dark Jaw » June 28, 2013 10:47am | Report
The game is about mythology. Last time I played something mythology-related was on AoE II. So, I was quite happy when I found out SMITE was about gods and such.

The fact of being 3rd person catched my atention. I didn't know about MOBA genre, SMITE was my first; it opened the doors to LoL and Dota 2. Although all of those are good, SMITE is on my heart.

Dark Jaw

Prominent (44)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by ICEN » June 28, 2013 11:01am | Report
Okay heres why I like smite

- They have alot of characters to choose from and keep updating the game, most games have only a few characters too choose from which in the end makes the game boring since everyone is using the same characters and there is no variation. Plain and simple, more characters = a better game

- They have multiple skins both unlockable by in game favor and skins for people who want to support the game or just by the skin with cash. Skins allow for people to adjust the looks of a character based on their personality or just because they want to be different which makes picking the same character not so bad.

- Some recolors are starting to have color effects on their skills

- The game is not only team based but is based on your solo skill as well. The game is interesting because there is the solo laning or the 2v2, then you can jungle or turn it into a team fight then go back to which ever way your team wants to play. Individual skill plays a part and choosing the right gods for your team who can combo into each others skills makes the game funner.

- You have a role which you must file, most games everyone does the same thing, if you play a shooting game you are just the same shooter as everyone else trying to get a kill, in smite the god you pick has a role and you can adjust it based on item builds.

- You can counter item build your opponenets

- The game is fairly simple but you never really get bored with the skills your god has, in smite you get 4 skills yet I never get bored much and if you do there are plenty of gods to choose from when you do get bored with a god. Item builds and active items make the game less boring as well.

- The game is free

- The best part about smite is the balancing, now there may be a god or two who still needs work but overall I feel that the game is very balanced compared to other games I have played in the past.
What I think the game needs to make the game even better or what I want in the game

- More gods More gods and More gods, the more gods the less bored I get and will continue 2 play
- More color changes on the skill effects/basic attacks of certain gods
- More skins so their are a variety for each god
- Rare skins to achieve through super hard work, a skin that you cannot buy but only get through hard work, can not get with favor either
- Smite needs a chat system with MICROPHONES/HEADSETS, the chatting system works well for those with no headset but smite needs to move on, this is the future and in gaming I expect to talk to those people I play with without having to download other things or talk other ways, I want a in game chatting system for voice.
- New maps, they could incorporate a vote system or something, the maps are fine but I think having a night time map would look pretty cool with torches around to light the jungle up.
- Upadtes

Just those things alone will keep me playing for a long time.
Its the more the better not the less the better

ICEN

Prominent (41)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Nex The Slayer » June 29, 2013 10:32am | Report
Something's I can think of that I really like about Smite that no other MOBA dose is:

-I have always been a fan of mythology and I like the fact that Smite is a game where you play as a god and fight other gods. I also think that Hi-rez did a great job at portrayed all gods (for the most part), not just through looks but through there skills, play-style, personality and voice acting.

-That its Third-person view, like many people have already said.

-That there is no auto-attack and only skill shots, which makes the game feel more rewarding and require more skill, a lot of my favorite gods have hard to hit skill shots that are just so satisfying to hit ( Cupids Heart Bomb or Arachnes Cocoon for example).

-The ultimate's feel like they really are your most powerful attack and not just another skill. In other MOBA's ultimate's are like "[insert name hear] slashes his sword doing damage and stunning all enemies in front of him, wow impressive :/. In Smite its like: Death Gaze "Anubis focuses all of his energy into a piercing gaze" wow! World Weaver "Neith charges up and fires an arrow across the entire world" Now that's just cool! Excavate "Hercules rips a huge boulder from the ground and throws it at his enemies" holy sh*t O_o.

Nex The Slayer

Prominent (37)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Butterflykey » July 2, 2013 4:38am | Report
I like that is doesn't take it'self too seriously, it is more of a lighthearted approach to a serious theme

Butterflykey

View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by nightmare1985 » July 2, 2013 7:53am | Report
Many things are there to be liked <3
3rd person is ok , in LOL its much easier to shoot and to hit while 90% of SMITE is pure skillshot, plus I love mythoogies very much so playing with gods is awesome idea, I liked a few gamemodes in which you have bonus 1st victory in any of them (you dont have that in LOL which sux) , and pure adrenaline and aggresiveness plus constant action is a thing that makes SMITE very interesting MOBA to play :)))))

nightmare1985

Notable (3)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }