Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

What do you like more about Smite then about other MOBA's?

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » General Discussion » What do you like more about Smite then about other MOBA's? 37 posts - page 3 of 4
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by cowboydan840 » July 2, 2013 9:25am | Report
The sounds. When you're running and someone's chasing you. You can't see them but you can hear them. It's a different take on MOBA and I like it.

cowboydan840

Notable (2)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by ICEN » July 2, 2013 10:14am | Report

Something's I can think of that I really like about Smite that no other MOBA dose is:

-I have always been a fan of mythology and I like the fact that Smite is a game where you play as a god and fight other gods. I also think that Hi-rez did a great job at portrayed all gods (for the most part), not just through looks but through there skills, play-style, personality and voice acting.

-That its Third-person view, like many people have already said.

-That there is no auto-attack and only skill shots, which makes the game feel more rewarding and require more skill, a lot of my favorite gods have hard to hit skill shots that are just so satisfying to hit ( Cupids Heart Bomb or Arachnes Cocoon for example).

-The ultimate's feel like they really are your most powerful attack and not just another skill. In other MOBA's ultimate's are like "[insert name hear] slashes his sword doing damage and stunning all enemies in front of him, wow impressive :/. In Smite its like: Death Gaze "Anubis focuses all of his energy into a piercing gaze" wow! World Weaver "Neith charges up and fires an arrow across the entire world" Now that's just cool! Excavate "Hercules rips a huge boulder from the ground and throws it at his enemies" holy sh*t O_o.
I have to agree that skill shoting feels so rewarding which is why Anhur is probably my favorite character, for me the skill shot of stunning someone against the wall is just so rewarding for my ego and fun, I think I just pick Anhur because I have alot of fun trying to set up his impale with angles, ect.

And yes Hercules Ult is awesome, when I rip it out and smash it on someones brain I secretly do a dance in my room and laugh. THrowing that boulder is even more fun when someone on low HP runs away until you throw that boulder at them lol.

ICEN

Prominent (41)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by SmellyHarry » July 2, 2013 10:50pm | Report
cowboydan840 wrote:

The sounds. When you're running and someone's chasing you. You can't see them but you can hear them. It's a different take on MOBA and I like it.

That's an awesome observation and very true.

SmellyHarry

Memorable (10)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Xathax » July 11, 2013 8:06pm | Report
I had heard about MOBAs, but not really liking RTSs was a quick turn-off so I never even learned much about them until my roommate invited me to play.

I used to play WoW Battlegrounds - in fact, I played mostly just for PvP and because my friends did and Smite scratches that itch without all the MMO grind and monthly subscriptions.

Having never played or even read about a MOBA before after losing interest watching 10 seconds of gameplay, Conquest took a lot of getting used to and I was awful until one of my friends explained the strategies/learning minion/tower targeting priorities, etc. Conquest is still my least-favorite mode.

I like how different all the gods are; each one feels unique and has their own little niche. Some of those niches are completely incompatible with how I enjoy playing, but it's still neat to see them in action.

I like how your item builds define your character by end game so you can have two otherwise identical gods play very differently by end game.

I like how you can gain gods via playing or paying as it rewards not only playing, but playing well.

The only things I don't like so far are the "Won't Lock-in, get 20 minute Deserter" bug and my buddy stealing all the kills at the last second with Freya even when I'm busy saving his @$$.

Xathax

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Flippy500 » August 9, 2013 9:13pm | Report
I actually really like the fact that there are more actively friendly or supportive people in SMITE than I've seen in other MOBA's. At least in my experience, whenever there's a person on the team being an *******, the other people on the team gang up on him and make him shut up. Also the Goodwill system is a big + for me.

Flippy500

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Raventhor » August 9, 2013 9:19pm | Report
A few things.
Mythology: I've ALWAYS been a very big Greek and Norse mythology buff, so a game based around it and many more is perfect.

Skill: Many other MOBA games are about very tiring mechanics: Getting last hits becomes increasingly dull and I don't like starting off a game farming for 10 minutes. Hence why I love arena and assault in this game. I love the idea of beating someone, no matter how much better of a god or how much more farmed they are, simply through SKILL. Being able to juke someone, or hit every skillshot I use, is very rewarding, and rewards straight up skill. This is why no God is specifically bad: You can do well with ANY god if you have enough skill.

Relatively positive community: not an overall bad community yet. Not compared to the toxis HoN/LoL

Interactive Maker: Player input is very important

God Pack: I love having every god.
-Demolibium

Raventhor
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Eminent (158)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Lrv7795 » August 10, 2013 12:48am | Report
I come from an FPS action gaming background with few strategy games like Civ 5 thrown in every once in a while. Most FPS's feel very 1 dimensional and most strategy games get boring after a while because of the lack of action. Smite is the perfect mix of action and strategy. Everything you do has a certain strategy to it and to execute your strategy, you need skill. The mythology is really cool too. My only complaint is that the community can be harsh at times, but to be fair, every game has certain people who are rude to others. With this said, Smite is my favorite game at the moment, and lately, the patches are improving the mechanics quite a lot. It's nice to know the developers care about their players and constantly want to make the game better.

Lrv7795

Notable (1)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Romanians » August 10, 2013 9:53am | Report
Having God characters , people already know some of those Gods' history , it makes these characters more interesting .

Having constant updates and fixes is also a good thing ,not to mention the fact that every God is free .

The gameplay itself is fun , fast paced .

Romanians

Established (17)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Karmashock » August 11, 2013 5:50am | Report
I liked the 3rd person perspective, the skill shots, the great visibility in front of you and the total lack of visibility behind you.

I don't like traditional mobas. I always feel blind. The interface is awkward and doesn't really fit the genre since you're not controlling an army as in an RTS. Its just one unit. So the RTS interface makes no sense. Yes, there are some heroes with pets that can be microed but it doesn't justify the interface.

What I'd like to see is a fully 3d moba. Smite was still basically 2d. You couldn't aim up or down. It would have been an interesting addition. And it would have made leaps less annoying since you could tag the little turds in mid air.

Karmashock

Remarkable (5)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by TheBearProphet » August 12, 2013 10:59am | Report
Karmashock nailed it. There is no point for the "traditional" MOBA controls, which are just a remnant of the RTS origins. Controlling one character is much much more intuitive using wasd style controls. In LoL, I always felt like the control system and interface were crippling. I knew wht I was supposed to do, and I practiced for hours, but it was still like trying to write calligraphy with a stick of butter. I just started playing Smite a week ago and already I'm past practicing basic controls and on to learning the jungle and where the spots to gank from are. It is just so freeing to have logical controls.

Plus, Mythologies are always cool. LoL character spotlight videos have nothing on these.

TheBearProphet

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }