Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Tyr Skill Order

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » General Discussion » Tyr Skill Order 14 posts - page 1 of 2
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Lrv7795 » August 9, 2013 12:41am | Report
I've been playing Tyr a lot today and cannot decide what order I should level my skills.

I have been doing 1, 3, 2, with 4 when I can.
1 for the damage and lane clear. Also, since it hits twice you get double the damage.
3 for the damage and protections.
2 for massive late game damage.

I also think that 1 outweighs 2 because, it hits twice; 3 outweighs 2 because, of the cool-down reduction and the damage and protection. I understand 2 gives you more cool-down reduction as well, but it is never used without 1 IMO.

I've looked at guides and none of them recommend my order, in fact, they're all unique. I was wondering what the community thought about the skill order, and what everyone else uses and why.

Lrv7795

Notable (1)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by HollowsEdge » August 9, 2013 1:06am | Report
Yeh im finding it hard to. Ive tried 4-1-3-2, 4-2-3-1 and even 4-2 and leveling 1 and 3 simultaneously and vice versa. I just cant figure out whats more effecive atm

HollowsEdge

Remarkable (5)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by ICEN » August 9, 2013 1:19am | Report
lol its annoying because your 1 has the range you need.

Your 2 has damage and heal but is shorter ranged

Your 4 doesn't do that much damage compared to other ults

Your 3 seems needed because of the stats it provides

Overall its annoying simply because you could pick your 1 first and not be able to do jack because maybe you do not want to dash forward or you will get punished by a certain lane

Maybe a certain lane your 2 would be much better even though its range is shorter

I just pick my 2 up first so far because of the heal and fact that I don't go dashing into my own death early game and nobody is really dumb enough early game to let you get behind them with your 1 and you will take to much minion damage that early imo.

I think I like getting his 2 first but thats just me because I haven't tried him any other way

ICEN

Prominent (41)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by HollowsEdge » August 9, 2013 1:28am | Report
Yehh I agree I reckon 2 first!im going to continue experimenting with the 3 and 1 im going to try leveling them at the same time with 3 as priority and see how tht goes.. but either way I think 3 definitely needs to be leveled earlier than later.

HollowsEdge

Remarkable (5)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by HiFromBuddha » August 9, 2013 1:29am | Report
I reckon 4-2-3-1 is the way to go. Early game, I simply use 1 as a utility escape spell. 2 also has a lower mana cost, and of course, that amazing lane sustain, while 1 pretty much just offers damage and a dash. I feel like it'll only be useful late game, as early game, you can't harass safely with it.

I honestly reckon Hi-Rez will tone down the scaling on 3, just so you should max it last and max the other 2 first.
The top rated He Bo guide on SmiteFire!
My rather unimpressive and slowly growing anime list!
Currently watching:
    Punchline
Currently Reading:
    Utsuro no Hako to Zero Maria
    Nisekoi: False Love
    The World God Only Knows

HiFromBuddha
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (115)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by RevanClaw » August 9, 2013 2:32am | Report
I think the skill order is 1,3,2... then follow by maxing 4,2,3,1.
Sure the 2 is short range but it ha wave clear and you use it in combo with the 1 so the range doesn't matter in a fight!

Use the 1 as a utility to re position the enemy or as a gap closer.

RevanClaw

Notable (4)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by BestMinionEver » August 9, 2013 4:49am | Report
Lrv7795 wrote:

I have been doing 1, 3, 2, with 4 when I can.
1 for the damage and lane clear. Also, since it hits twice you get double the damage.
3 for the damage and protections.
2 for massive late game damage.

I also think that 1 outweighs 2 because, it hits twice; 3 outweighs 2 because, of the cool-down reduction and the damage and protection. I understand 2 gives you more cool-down reduction as well, but it is never used without 1 IMO.

I've looked at guides and none of them recommend my order, in fact, they're all unique. I was wondering what the community thought about the skill order, and what everyone else uses and why.

This is exactly how I would skill as well (for jungle that is ofc).
1 is your main damage ability.
2 is good for heal and followup damage.
3 for the cdr
4 just because it is a even cooler dunk than Odins jump (and for damage and cdr) :P

In lane and solo the 2 would come over 3 IMO.
IGN: Marki

Jungle & Support main.

Casually tryharding ranked now and again.

Make fun of my bad plays on Twitch ;)
Is only pixels, why you haf to be mad?

BestMinionEver
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (69)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Lrv7795 » August 9, 2013 2:09pm | Report
I think Tyr is more able to adjust his skills to different play styles than other gods. I am generally pretty smart when using my dash and that's what I center my play style around. Rarely, do I dash to my death. I can see how he could be played with his 2 first also though. From what I'm gathering, any order will do about the same early game, but in late game, all skills come together and allow you to steamroll.

Lrv7795

Notable (1)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Raventhor » August 9, 2013 4:47pm | Report
I personally find that maxing Lawbringer > Change Stance > Power Cleave > Fearless is the best order.

Lawbringer gets more damage and CDR, which for an ult is always good.

Change Stance resets the cooldowns on the other two and gives more passive power or protections. Effectively it's reducing the other 2 cooldowns AND giving you power for their scaling AND actual power for your basic attacks. It's the only ability that effectively affects all the abilities.

Power Cleave is maxed 3rd for the waveclear, health in Guard Stance, and overall most damage. It's the shortest CD and as such is most spammed, so it is maxed over fearless.

Fearless is maxed last not because it is bad, it is honestly the best ability. Simply, the cooldown is not reduced at all, and as such it is used the least. Power Cleave is used twice as much as Fearless, and provides healing, Change Stance provides passive bonuses and CDR, and your ult is obviously your ult. So simply, I find fearless the least beneficial due to UTILITY , rank wise.
-Demolibium

Raventhor
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Eminent (158)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by BestMinionEver » August 10, 2013 12:16am | Report
Raventhor wrote:

Change Stance resets the cooldowns on the other two and gives more passive power or protections. Effectively it's reducing the other 2 cooldowns AND giving you power for their scaling AND actual power for your basic attacks. It's the only ability that effectively affects all the abilities.

It is great for the cooldowns, but when it comes to power it only increases the damage of Power Cleave by 40 and the damage of Fearless by 25 (50 for two hits). So I would prioritize it second for that reason (the cooldown reset). The extra protection is great for playing in lane though (which I believe you do, at least the from looking at the skill lvling :p )

Raventhor wrote:

Power Cleave is maxed 3rd for the waveclear, health in Guard Stance, and overall most damage. It's the shortest CD and as such is most spammed, so it is maxed over fearless.

The cooldown on Power Cleave is a lot shorter, fair enough and you get health in guard stance. But when it comes to damage it is miles behind Fearless with base damage of 290/580 for two swings + 50 percent/100 percent with two swings. While Power Cleave only has 270 + 80 percent. So quite a lot of difference there :p

Raventhor wrote:

Fearless is maxed last not because it is bad, it is honestly the best ability. Simply, the cooldown is not reduced at all, and as such it is used the least.

At least we can agree on that this is his best ability. When it comes to the cooldown on the ability, this is why you have to build Jotunn's Wrath and use Change Stance to it's fullest with Tyr.

Though I believe your order would work when playing in lane, but if you play jungle you would need the damage from Fearless when ganking.
IGN: Marki

Jungle & Support main.

Casually tryharding ranked now and again.

Make fun of my bad plays on Twitch ;)
Is only pixels, why you haf to be mad?

BestMinionEver
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (69)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }