Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Thoughts on Patch reveal

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » General Discussion » Thoughts on Patch reveal 32 posts - page 1 of 4
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by MaysJedi » March 4, 2014 3:04pm | Report
This patch is looking very good. Love the new items, its giving us diversity and many items to start the game with instead of the usual. The tweaks to Hades was much needed.Golden Geb is awesome and the loading cards for Artemis and Bakasura look epic!!! Everything looks good minus the elephant in the room ( or should I say..doge in the room? HUEHUEHUEHUEHUEHUEHUEHUEHUEHUEHUE!)
"MaysJedi is the best jedi in Smite, don't deny it."[color=#ff0000][/color]

MaysJedi

Remarkable (8)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Chiulin » March 4, 2014 7:06pm | Report
I feel that the Malice/Rage thing is dumb. With Rage, Malice, And Deathbringer. Good game. That's 70 percent crit chance. Going up 10 percent everytime you don't crit. Your crits will hit in the 500's on an adc. If not more. Then 60 percent of the 200 you basic attack is going to be applied over 3s. Basically a lot of damage. I don't like.

Chiulin

Prominent (31)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Raventhor » March 4, 2014 7:09pm | Report
@Chiulin, I'm fine with that. If they're getting malice, rage, and deathbringer, tossing in boots, that leaves only 2 options left.

Sais, Lifesteal Item, Penetratoin Item, Fatalis, Defensives. You can only pick two. Sais is no longer always possible for a shred, lifesteal is necessary in long fights, but penetration is necessary late game. If they buy both rage and malice, they're sacrificing a lot of utility for pure, non-penetration, raw damage.
-Demolibium

Raventhor
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Eminent (158)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by SoapSuds » March 4, 2014 7:25pm | Report
Raventhor wrote:

@Chiulin, I'm fine with that. If they're getting malice, rage, and deathbringer, tossing in boots, that leaves only 2 options left.

Sais, Lifesteal Item, Penetratoin Item, Fatalis, Defensives. You can only pick two. Sais is no longer always possible for a shred, lifesteal is necessary in long fights, but penetration is necessary late game. If they buy both rage and malice, they're sacrificing a lot of utility for pure, non-penetration, raw damage.

When I first heard about that, I was definitely iffy about it, but as I thought on, I came to this same reasoning. All that crit is really high, but they'd be giving up other potential items that would probably help a lot more in the long run.

However, on the flip side, the new stats and effects of Malice seem pretty crazy, at least on paper. Going to have to keep an eye on it with these new stats and effects, especially when in use with rage, though it isn't so much because of the crit, but because of the passive added in. Might just be one of those things where it sounds pretty crazy on paper, but in the process of use, it may not be as bad.
Comic Series Currently Reading:
  • Wonder Woman Vol 2
  • Green Lantern Vol 2
  • Infinity Gauntlet

SoapSuds

Prominent (43)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Sunfall » March 4, 2014 7:41pm | Report
The new Malice applies a DoT. It's good for trading, but not in fast-paced fights where you want immediate results, and it probably won't find it's way into too many assassin builds. Hunters, however, can potentially benefit from it immensely.

And like Raventhor said, they're purely damage items without utility. You typically want to have items like The Executioner and Bloodforge on a carry, and possibly even a defensive item like Voidblade or Magi's Blessing to protect you from the instagibs.

EDIT: Also, Scylla is great.
Waiting on a good new MOBA, please.

Sunfall
<Veteran>

Prominent (29)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Chiulin » March 4, 2014 7:57pm | Report
So what two crit items do you feel will be chosen now. Rage/Deathbringer. Malice/Rage? Malice/Deathbringer?

Chiulin

Prominent (31)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by MaysJedi » March 4, 2014 9:53pm | Report
I don't have any strong or standed ground thoughts on the new Malice when it comes to Assassins. Its something I'am going to have to test out to see if I like it. I agree with Sunfall that it will be good for Hunters and hopefully so since I'am playing a lot of Apollo in hopes of Agent Apollo coming next patch.
"MaysJedi is the best jedi in Smite, don't deny it."[color=#ff0000][/color]

MaysJedi

Remarkable (8)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by asianslikepie » March 4, 2014 10:15pm | Report
Can we talk about the elephant in the room now? What do you think of Scylla?

Main issues I have:
-The 2.25 sec root and cripple that can hit 3 ppl at once (IS THERE ANYONE THAT CAN'T DO SOMETHING BETTER THAN YOU ART!!! xD)
-The fact that the crush ability doesn't mention any downsides to detonating prematurely; reduced damage.
-Gains 80 magic power from maxing out her abilities. the pain of rod of tahuti D:
-Ult's as powerful as Ao's and with no more focused void stone Ao is one sad noodle :(
-+70% move speed. Holy **** something that can outrun nemesis

I'm actaully okay with her. Scaling seems okay except for the ultimate and crush. How many times are you going to see Ao get a deicide with his? I guess we'll have to see her in action.

asianslikepie

Notable (1)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » March 4, 2014 11:21pm | Report
Well...her abilities don't seem too bad, dealing less damage than I thought they would. 260 + 60% and 290 + 80%, I can handle.

Her ultimate, I'm kinda split about that. On one hand, it's an enormous nuke, but on the other hand, it doesn't have CC attached to it, and is probably one of the easiest ultimates to see coming in the game. It is pretty much exactly like spirit's temptest, including damage numbers, but trading area for utility and a chance to repeat.

What does concern me is the movement speed, and the slow. She seems like a stupidly strong tower diver, not to mention her two escapes. When you have 35/70% bonus movement speed, it is now officially an escape.

The slow on her Crush does bother me, especially when you consider the large AoE. They should have at least a 10% slow on Circle of Protection, dammit!

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by arka222 » March 4, 2014 11:30pm | Report
My only concern with Scylla ultimate is that she has enough time 6s and speed bonus to focus her ulti and if it kills somebody, she can hit once more, tat makes it 2 ultis!. Also, suppose she kills the second guy than does she get another 3rd chance? is there a cap on her ulti regarding no. of times it can be used?

Also I have no major issues with her passive but now Vulcan passive really seems non-existing and dumb. So much disparity, when would they fix it?
Fun and Heart
IGN: arka222
Clan: ARKA GANG
Motto: Never let the team down..find a way to win..
My Guide on Vulcan
A god idea...

arka222

Memorable (12)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }