Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

This has to be said.

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » General Discussion » This has to be said. 60 posts - page 3 of 6
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by HiFromBuddha » October 23, 2012 1:39am | Report
DJMantiss wrote:

ROFL, ban yourself. I mean seriously that has to be a joke. You are truly a horrible person on these forums and have not the knowledge or ability to make rational arguments or retorts. So please give me a break and enjoy your land of ignorance, population 1 Asmoday.

SOrry to get involved, but he does have every right to ban you. If youy had just left it at the argument, then you would've been fine. However, instead, you decided to go on other threads and insult a editor of the site.
by DJMantiss » October 22, 2012 4:20pm
I like Boomboom, he sees through the ridiculous guise that Asmoday tries to put on as well. Angry kid is angry and sadly he has a lot more time to kill then those of us with jobs and lives who also enjoy Smite and its community. Since day 1, week 1 in many cases.

Would be nice to see him self-removed from the forums to the betterment of the community.

Link:
https://www.smitefire.com/smite/forum/general-discussion/leveling-is-brutal-104?page=3#comment-2108
"Asmoday isn't too quick, so type slow for him. One day he'll figure... "

Unfortunately for that quote, the guide was removed and I was unable to find the full post, however, just from the first sentence, it was obvious it was an insult directed to Asmo.
While Asmoday does have a few biased opinions, he should not remove himself fro the forums. Asmoday did not lashg out at you in anyway, he was just stating his opinion on the topic and on your post. He did stay calm the whole time, and showed a respectable amount of maturity of refraining to skip along to other threads and insult him, trying to spread your message of "Asmoday is a ******". You were also asking for it as he is an editor of this site.

I understand he may most likely be banned by now, but if he does eventually create an alternate account, I just want to help him understand where he did go wrong.
The top rated He Bo guide on SmiteFire!
My rather unimpressive and slowly growing anime list!
Currently watching:
    Punchline
Currently Reading:
    Utsuro no Hako to Zero Maria
    Nisekoi: False Love
    The World God Only Knows

HiFromBuddha
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (115)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by DJMantiss » October 23, 2012 4:05pm | Report
Being a site editor would dictate that he should instead learn from your post and stop with the constant and blatant insults to everyone who even tries to come onto these forums.

Instead this site has deemed someone unworthy of the title to continue killing what little community it has in favor of someone who actively participates, albiet in a constantly negative manner.

DJMantiss

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Westighouse » October 23, 2012 4:14pm | Report
Child only you are insulting anyone. Everyone else here including myself has expressed opinions in an open debate. Do you see anyone else running to other threads insulting others like you have? Do you see anyone else that only posts in this thread and carries this on like you do? You were warned once by the admins, shutting up for a day or 2 does not really reset past actions like I guess you think it does. The only person hurting this community is yourself, as all of your posts are nothing but insulting the community and its members.

It seems as tho you have some growing up to do and some self reflection as to why you are this immature and feel the need to keep this going after being told to stop and after being warned by admins. To continue only leads me to think that maybe you are of a young age and feel the need to throw yourself around and act tough and cool to get the approval of others in an online setting. I assure you, no one gives you approval and no one really cares what you have to say. We all just look at your posts as a teenage child raging on and on and just walk right past it without a 2nd thought. I really wish you the best of luck with your attitude, and hope to hear your remark to this, Im sure it will be full of good things and many insults about myself, the admins, the community, the site, the game or how you are in the military and have sex with thousands of girls a week.

Westighouse

Renowned (102)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by DJMantiss » October 23, 2012 4:41pm | Report
Asmoday, the anger is apparent. Try spell checking and editing your posts before posting. Otherwise it comes off as sloppy and not something you want as a site editor. Rushing something so obviously done as a reactionary post to something you feel is beyond your control is unprofessional.

It does amaze me 110% how everyone ignores your blatant insults, ridicule and adolecent behaviors on these forums. As for posting (X) or (Y) I have no need to impress anyone on forums outside of things related directly to the game.

My point stands though, people need to type slowly for you and use small words. Even the most basic of posts or opinions go well above your ability to understand or reply to in an intelligent manner.

Have a great time raging by yourself in these forums, for those of us with less time and better things to do. We will be bettering the SMITE community despite negative influences like yourself. My one ray of sunshine is that games like SMITE will thrive despite a poorly managed forum site. There are always ignorant, poorly spoken and immature individuals, sadly this site has one as a site editor. One day when you enter the real world and hold a job or position that requires consistent interaction you'll learn. My guess is you'll fail, but you will learn.

DJMantiss

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Westighouse » October 23, 2012 4:43pm | Report
The funny thing is, I work hand in hand with Hi-rez and 2 sponsorship companies. Good luck with your matruity.

Westighouse

Renowned (102)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by HiFromBuddha » October 23, 2012 11:27pm | Report
This has gone far beyond what the initial topic was about. It was about how Asmoday thinks Fatalis is a bad item. Now, after a bit of analysing, I can see how this argument triggered. It started with just complete opinions, which is definitely allowed on the forums. However, after some conversation, it is DJmantiss that actually started with the insults instead of a debate on the Fatalis.

'The name dropping is a fallback and not a good one. It shows a lack of understanding and inability to stand on your own accomplishments. I would work on the maturity and ability to prove your points rather then simple retorts. I used exact examples and those weren't mentioned, because... lets face it, you don't have any.'

It was at this point the anger started to come out. Even after the post, Asmoday did try to keep it on topic. And then after that, it completely went to insults.
Now to more opinionative talk.

DJ, you speak about maturity yet you can't defend yourself independantly? As I've mentioned, you have been through the forums posting insults about Asmoday in hopes to get others to agree with you. That is not maturity. A part of maturity is being independant and being able to handle situations on your own. You are trying to create a group and, from what I can see, almost create an 'I hate Asmoday' club.

Also, please stop using 'angry child' and 'your spelling makes you look ******ed'. They are unoriginal remarks I usually see from an immature person on the internet having an uneducated argument. You are in fact saying the same thing except in a more proper way.

Also, arguing with a moderator on forums is essentially going up to someone like Tony Abbott (sorry, I don't know any American politicians besides Obama) and saying 'you're a ******'. You are simply just trying to cause an argument.

My apologies if you two do not want me involved in this, I just want to give my 2 cents.
The top rated He Bo guide on SmiteFire!
My rather unimpressive and slowly growing anime list!
Currently watching:
    Punchline
Currently Reading:
    Utsuro no Hako to Zero Maria
    Nisekoi: False Love
    The World God Only Knows

HiFromBuddha
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (115)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Milky » October 23, 2012 11:59pm | Report
Asmoday should not be respected for being an editor for the website, he should be respected because of him being easy to approach, friendly and knowledgeable. Respect should not be conditional, you should respect everyone else's opinions and statements, no matter how much you disagree with them.

You can take a look at my YouTube channel for my Skyrim guides. I am very well informed when it comes to the most efficient route of playing, and I can definitely see a min/max aspect in Smite.

YouTube Account: PlayMadeSimple

Milky

Remarkable (7)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Westighouse » October 24, 2012 12:14am | Report
Oh you guys are free to hop in honestly. On either sides defense, doesnt effect me. At the end of the day, Mowen has given him his 2nd warning and sent me a PM about him and I know what is going to happen in future situations that DJ might feel the need to start up.

At the end of the day, Im still going to be around, Im still going to answer people questions, help them out, give suggestions, start topics, help guides, help forums and once Hi-rez is ready we will be hosting events with them and PEG passing out prizes.

There is a debate, and then there is a flame war. I thought, and it seems as tho the rest of this community would agree, I kept it at the debate through your rage. If you want to start an I hate Asmoday fan club, Ill start the thread for ya in off topic. Even ask Admins to just let it be and whatever is said in there is said. If you really feel the need to be like that, and really feel the need to go online and start a flame war to feel better about yourself then by all means let me know. My PM box is open and can be reported but only by me and I wont do things, only in open public forums will reports be given. Out of respect for the danger you impose on others.

Id pay attention to that warning DJ, change your attitude and come back fresh and more mature. You might make friends here, you might learn some things and you could have fun here.

Westighouse

Renowned (102)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by treefiddy350 » October 27, 2012 5:02am | Report
I think this is a dumb argument because either way its the same thing. Fast weak hits or strong slow hits can both work depending on the god and the situation.

I've had many occasions where I was being chased by a heavy hitter and realized I probably wouldn't make it back to my tower so while running backwards I started shooting arrows at him and they went so fast that he pulled back. Could I have done the same with stronger, slower arrows? Maybe. But it doesn't make it a bad tactic to stack speed.

treefiddy350

Notable (3)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by CAPSLOCKFURY » October 29, 2012 2:48pm | Report
I don't want to be one to step into any arguments here, especially as my first post on Smitefire - but TBH, Asmoday is right. (Though he's right without sufficient evidence)

And DJMantiss, if you don't have the stats to back up your claims, you really shouldn't tell people to go look at them.

treefiddy350 wrote:

I think this is a dumb argument because either way its the same thing. Fast weak hits or strong slow hits can both work depending on the god and the situation.

I've had many occasions where I was being chased by a heavy hitter and realized I probably wouldn't make it back to my tower so while running backwards I started shooting arrows at him and they went so fast that he pulled back. Could I have done the same with stronger, slower arrows? Maybe. But it doesn't make it a bad tactic to stack speed.

The problem with Fatalis isn't what was outlined in this thread. It's not a matter of "Hit strong + Slow" or "Hit Fast and weak". Not at all.

There are a few problems with Fatalis:

1.) It doesn't come with a unique passive that is good enough to warrant the money. The CDR cap isn't that high in SMITE, and getting CDR buff with fatalis already puts you over the cap.

2.) The base stats it gives aren't as useful as other items. Fatalis gives attack speed - this means it's good for auto attack gods. However it also gives movespeed - a stat that can be found in other more useful places on the item list (Heartseeker, boots) and has diminishing returns. So stacking too much of it can cause you to get less benefit.

3.) The attack speed alone does not outdamage any other item choice with attack speed. Grab Exe or Qin's blades and you'll be doing far more damage overall, it doesn't balance itself out either. If it was a question of Fatalis letting you attack twice as often and Qin's letting you hit twice as hard - it'd be a tossup. That's not the case though. When you compare the two mathematically, Qin's outdamages it in every single damage test - regardless of how short or long the fight is, regardless of what resistances each party has.

CAPSLOCKFURY

Notable (3)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }