Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

This has to be said.

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » General Discussion » This has to be said. 60 posts - page 2 of 6
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by DJMantiss » October 19, 2012 2:43pm | Report
Now you're just mad because someone caught you in what isn't a lie, but because you "think" your so very right with out any proof, that it upsets you when anyone can give examples of where your ideas are wrong. Funny as hell, but not constructive.

Also if you think Lassiz and the rest know "more than anyone," about the game, you would be mistaken. They are better known for playing a LOT and streaming/casting. However that does not make them more knowledgeable. Folks come and go, I recall when "Team Agni Mid" was the supposed best and I never even see them around now. He had a lot of opinions too that were innacurate.

I try to improve forums by giving facts, examples, details and conversations beneficial to the game and/or community.

PS - I said to play some games with me, not against in a "joust" with is anything but a fun diversion. I don't mind showing folks how things work and tend to group with just about anyone, if you're game let me know.

DJMantiss

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Westighouse » October 19, 2012 3:57pm | Report
No one is mad, not in the slightest but you give the wrong examples and think they are right. The item is bad, all good palyers agree on this and just so happen to either be on a team, sponsorship, or high elo with a very good win loss ratio.
Hirez themselves have said the item is bad and the community manager even went on stream to explain why the item is bad and that they are in the works of reworking the item as it serves no use currently, but since its just one little item there are bigger things to worry about.

Team Agni mid IS RG so that shows how much you are actually a fan as you said and how well you followed that. Once RG got ahold of them they changed names and one person and brought in 2 subs. They do know more about the game and you gave a good reason why they do, they play so much. They get together and bounce idea off one another and they do the math and theory crafting.

You may be trying to improve forums and thats great, but when something has been proven time and time again to not be worth it then why fight the uphill battle of trying to say it isnt. there is so much proof, math, and everything else against it yet you sit there and try to claim its good for certain times.

One of the members here, odd arcade had thought the item was good as well. He, just like you swore up and done that it was great. The attack speed, the CD reduction was perfect. Here is what happened with that when he took a second to test it out.

by OddArcade » September 18, 2012 3:05pm | Report
This doesn't escape the simple fact that with Fatalis damage output is unstoppable. And the item states '30% Chance on basic hit vs God to deal 10% of target's max health as magic.' Is there something i'm missing here? Because to me, in theory it should kick ***, more attacks equals more chance for this to prot. In-game ive also found my damage to be stupidly high?
by Asmoday » September 18, 2012 3:19pm | Report
You are missing the fact of no base stats. Without base stats you are going to attack fast, but for no damage at all. There are just simply better items.

I have asked 2 "pros" what they think of this item and they both said the same thing.
This is a copy from what one of them said about the item.

"i dont buy fatalis as it has no base stats having no stats is a waste of gold. sure you might have good cooldown and attack speed but what it comes down to is the stats. it only hinders futher items attack speed and you can build items that equal the speed and also give you those much needed stats. id rather hit fast and hard than just fast and low."
by OddArcade » September 18, 2012 4:05pm | Report
I just tried a game taking the other attack speed items and left out Fatalis and completely agree with you :') I do understand now, the game I just played and that 'Pros' explanation has just clicked together in my brain.

Im going to make changes to my builds accordingly.

When you stop and try something else you will see what works and what doesnt instead of just sticking with what is your normal item build. The day Freya came out, I used Fatalis in one of the many builds I did with her and it just wasnt as strong.

Westighouse

Renowned (102)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Sunfall » October 20, 2012 8:35pm | Report
There are only a few items that really give immense power bonuses, like Deathbringer, stacked Devourer's Gloves, stacked Heartseeker (but only if you are snowballing without deaths) and a couple others... everything else provide small to mediocre physical power boosts. When you are LV20 and your damage core is built, having an extra 15-30 points of power usually isn't going to make a huge impact. Other stats have to be built to make the damage work better, such as penetration, critical, or attack speed.

What I do notice is that when I build attack speed items, be it a Fatalis or a combination of other ASPD items, I am suddenly doing all that big damage I built... FASTER! Not just damage either. If I built Brawler's Beat Stick, The Executioner, or simply applying Arachne's poison, I can apply those stacks FASTER! If I have Qin's Blades, or a high critical rate, I can proc those crits and magic damage FASTER! Fatalis provides the most ASPD of any single item in the game currently, and even at lower ranks, it still provides enough to make a noticeable increase in your swing/shoot rate.

ASPD isn't the only thing a Fatalis provides however. It also gives movement speed, one of the few that can stack with boots, and makes it considerably easier to keep up with or move away from your enemies. You could even combine it with the Heartseeker for EVEN MORE MOVEMENT SPEED! Then there's the 20% CDR reduction. Almost any god benefits from this to a degree.

Lastly, it's cheap. It only costs 2140 gold, so it's very easy to complete one when you just need a boost to your speeds.

On similar note, since this has become a hot topic here, I would also like to advocate an unofficial Fatalis Friday event, where everyone must rush a Fatalis at the start of the match. More rules to come soon.
Waiting on a good new MOBA, please.

Sunfall
<Veteran>

Prominent (29)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Westighouse » October 20, 2012 8:42pm | Report
Some people just dont get it.

Oh well, I give in. Have at folks build fatalis, just dont ask me to play with you lol.

Westighouse

Renowned (102)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Whorrorstorm » October 21, 2012 2:03pm | Report
heartseeker + goldenbow + jotunns wrath combo would be viable.

Whorrorstorm

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Whorrorstorm » October 21, 2012 2:20pm | Report
Quoted:

No one is mad, not in the slightest but you give the wrong examples and think they are right. The item is bad, all good palyers agree on this and just so happen to either be on a team, sponsorship, or high elo with a very good win loss ratio.
Hirez themselves have said the item is bad and the community manager even went on stream to explain why the item is bad and that they are in the works of reworking the item as it serves no use currently, but since its just one little item there are bigger things to worry about.

Team Agni mid IS RG so that shows how much you are actually a fan as you said and how well you followed that. Once RG got ahold of them they changed names and one person and brought in 2 subs. They do know more about the game and you gave a good reason why they do, they play so much. They get together and bounce idea off one another and they do the math and theory crafting.

You may be trying to improve forums and thats great, but when something has been proven time and time again to not be worth it then why fight the uphill battle of trying to say it isnt. there is so much proof, math, and everything else against it yet you sit there and try to claim its good for certain times.

One of the members here, odd arcade had thought the item was good as well. He, just like you swore up and done that it was great. The attack speed, the CD reduction was perfect. Here is what happened with that when he took a second to test it out.

by OddArcade » September 18, 2012 3:05pm | Report
This doesn't escape the simple fact that with Fatalis damage output is unstoppable. And the item states '30% Chance on basic hit vs God to deal 10% of target's max health as magic.' Is there something i'm missing here? Because to me, in theory it should kick ***, more attacks equals more chance for this to prot. In-game ive also found my damage to be stupidly high?
by Asmoday » September 18, 2012 3:19pm | Report
You are missing the fact of no base stats. Without base stats you are going to attack fast, but for no damage at all. There are just simply better items.

I have asked 2 "pros" what they think of this item and they both said the same thing.
This is a copy from what one of them said about the item.

"i dont buy fatalis as it has no base stats having no stats is a waste of gold. sure you might have good cooldown and attack speed but what it comes down to is the stats. it only hinders futher items attack speed and you can build items that equal the speed and also give you those much needed stats. id rather hit fast and hard than just fast and low."
by OddArcade » September 18, 2012 4:05pm | Report
I just tried a game taking the other attack speed items and left out Fatalis and completely agree with you :') I do understand now, the game I just played and that 'Pros' explanation has just clicked together in my brain.

Im going to make changes to my builds accordingly.

When you stop and try something else you will see what works and what doesnt instead of just sticking with what is your normal item build. The day Freya came out, I used Fatalis in one of the many builds I did with her and it just wasnt as strong.

FINALLY someone has the same outlook on this item as i do. i would rather hit hard and semi-fast then hit really fast for a minuscule amount of dmg.

Whorrorstorm

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Westighouse » October 21, 2012 3:56pm | Report
Yes indeed, the sad thing is there are just too many inexperienced players that will fight the fatalis to the end of time saying its a great item. They then like to jump all over anyone else that disagrees like a pack of wolves.

Westighouse

Renowned (102)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by DJMantiss » October 22, 2012 4:23pm | Report
Sadly the inexperience line applies to Asmoday as well. Look up his stats sometime. <wink>

DJMantiss

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Westighouse » October 22, 2012 4:35pm | Report
You just never learn do you?
You have already been warned for person attacks / insults.
Enjoy the ban this time.

Westighouse

Renowned (102)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by DJMantiss » October 22, 2012 5:06pm | Report
ROFL, ban yourself. I mean seriously that has to be a joke. You are truly a horrible person on these forums and have not the knowledge or ability to make rational arguments or retorts. So please give me a break and enjoy your land of ignorance, population 1 Asmoday.

DJMantiss

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }