Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Things You Would Like to See in Season 5

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » General Discussion » Things You Would Like to See in Season 5 19 posts - page 2 of 2
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by DucksRock » July 18, 2017 10:47pm | Report
I'm actually kinda shocked you guys don't like the new gods, I've enjoyed all god releases except spear wielding Azealia Banks.

Ganesha is just insanely fun to me, I don't know about you guys and he's really balanced. never got the point about his ult doing nothing when it has that insane protection reduction %.

Cernunnos is basically a more well rounded (in terms of game presence on all stages of the game) Neith, and will get fixed eventually. he is really fun tho.

Kuzenbo might be a bad support, but he is a very good solo laner, he's an early game bully that transitions into a sponge late game, and he's really fun if you do play him solo.

Da Ji might not be the most viable god as well, or is she now? well, I don't know, but she does have potential as an assassin with late game teamfight presence and I like that.

also I don't see the cc problem in my games, and getting caught out by cc is usually a positioning issue, so that might be what you're having.
Hi!

I'm DucksRock, But you can call me Ducks.

Kuzenbo rights advocate, guide-making delayer and passionate pop music fan.

Kuzenbo guide coming soon.

DucksRock

Prominent (41)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by BestMinionEver » July 19, 2017 12:02am | Report
I literally do not get the rant about CC (this has been going on since I joined Smitefire back in like 2013).

Yes there is a lot of CC, but so what?
It is the same for everyone or?

DucksRock wrote:

also I don't see the cc problem in my games, and getting caught out by cc is usually a positioning issue, so that might be what you're having.
IGN: Marki

Jungle & Support main.

Casually tryharding ranked now and again.

Make fun of my bad plays on Twitch ;)
Is only pixels, why you haf to be mad?

BestMinionEver
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (69)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by DucksRock » July 19, 2017 12:15am | Report

I literally do not get the rant about CC (this has been going on since I joined Smitefire back in like 2013).

Yes there is a lot of CC, but so what?
It is the same for everyone or?

I guess the amount of cc makes positional mistakes more punishing here, but other than that I don't really see the point either, most arguments I have seen for Smite having too much cc include usage of gods like Kumbhakarna which are great at punishing positional mistakes and capitalizing on one target, so it's a no brainer that if you get caught out by them you are in danger.
Hi!

DucksRock

Prominent (41)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Papa Murmz » July 19, 2017 5:32am | Report
DucksRock wrote:

I'm actually kinda shocked you guys don't like the new gods, I've enjoyed all god releases except spear wielding Azealia Banks.

Ganesha is just insanely fun to me, I don't know about you guys and he's really balanced. never got the point about his ult doing nothing when it has that insane protection reduction %.

Cernunnos is basically a more well rounded (in terms of game presence on all stages of the game) Neith, and will get fixed eventually. he is really fun tho.

Kuzenbo might be a bad support, but he is a very good solo laner, he's an early game bully that transitions into a sponge late game, and he's really fun if you do play him solo.

Da Ji might not be the most viable god as well, or is she now? well, I don't know, but she does have potential as an assassin with late game teamfight presence and I like that.

The only one I really enjoy is Ganesha. I don't remember who said it, but they need to stop w/ new Pantheons. I don't even think they should have made a Celtic Pantheon to be honest. Populate the existing, lacking Pantheons like the Hindu. The lore, and style of the Hindu culture is awesome, and the game just lacks it. I don't know if HiRez is "afraid" to go crazy w/ the Hindu Pantheon because of that whole Kali scuffle way way long ago, but I think for how interesting the culture is and how flashy the style of "clothing" or "garments" is...you need more of it.

And coming from a "typical" Smite player, I could why Ganesha isn't appealing. No matter what game it is, COD, Rocket League, Smite, VainGlory, I don't know anything else...players want to get kills or score the goals.
THORNS ALWAYS WINS

Papa Murmz

Established (16)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Duotem » July 19, 2017 7:24am | Report
Adding Pantheons has way more positives than negatives, both company side and for distinct character design.

The Hindu pantheon, as well as any others dealing with a large living worshipper base, has to deal with more intensive work designwise which can make it not worth it except for real high profile gods.

I've never understood the problem people have with Khumba. Yeah, he has a lot of CC but his "main" cc, the mez, is super easy to disrupt and he really heavily DRs himself and every other character.

Duotem

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (10)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by GameGeekFan » July 19, 2017 12:35pm | Report
The Hindu pantheon has a TON of options, so that might be why it takes long to design a god. I just want to see more Mayan gods.

GameGeekFan
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (50)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by DucksRock » July 19, 2017 1:02pm | Report
GameGeekFan wrote:

The Hindu pantheon has a TON of options, so that might be why it takes long to design a god. I just want to see more Mayan gods.

I think the issue with Hindu being an active religion is still present. They had to take extra time while working on Ganesha so he would be as respectable and as majestic as he is in lore and to not detract from his original duty in the active religion, as he is a really respected figure there.

I think it might just take longer for them to design Hindu gods because they want to keep them as lore accurate as possible, to avoid detracting from their significance in their respectable positions, as it is an active religion.
Hi!

DucksRock

Prominent (41)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by GameGeekFan » July 19, 2017 1:52pm | Report
DucksRock wrote:

I think the issue with Hindu being an active religion is still present. They had to take extra time while working on Ganesha so he would be as respectable and as majestic as he is in lore and to not detract from his original duty in the active religion, as he is a really respected figure there.

I think it might just take longer for them to design Hindu gods because they want to keep them as lore accurate as possible, to avoid detracting from their significance in their respectable positions, as it is an active religion.

It happened in the past where they complained Kali was not represented well (clothing), even though all of her pictures were exactly how they made her. Which led to a complete redesign. i just think its stupid to care about it that much in a game. It is a game, not real-life.

GameGeekFan
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (50)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by DucksRock » July 19, 2017 2:07pm | Report
GameGeekFan wrote:

It happened in the past where they complained Kali was not represented well (clothing), even though all of her pictures were exactly how they made her. Which led to a complete redesign. i just think its stupid to care about it that much in a game. It is a game, not real-life.

Yeah, The Kali case is what made me suspect that.

Honestly, I understand what you're saying, but I still think it's important for them to work on the god more so they can present him in a way that won't take away from what he is, and I feel like it's kinda important considering that there are people who still worship those gods.

plus Ganesha is really fun so i'm not complaining.
Hi!

DucksRock

Prominent (41)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }