Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

The 1-Shot Meta

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » General Discussion » The 1-Shot Meta 16 posts - page 1 of 2
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by iSnod » July 22, 2014 11:10am | Report
So okay ...The 1 -Shot - Meta
From time to time I lost my motivation on playing Smite and I tried to figure out why:

And 1 of the reason i want to talk about is the stupid amount of damage gods can deal..
Especially Mages who are built nowadays almost just as full glasscannons.
I am really bored of this ****.

The problem is not that these god with these builds are unstoppable, my problem is the duration of team fights.
Obviously the glasscannons have a lack of defense which means that they will try to kill you before you can get near them or react fast enough. (Especially Mages like Scylla,He Bo,Ao Kuang with his stupid 1k zoning tornado or assasins like Loki). Beads won't help cause they dont reduce dmg, and aegis helps you just in some cases because a bad timed aegis is a guaranteed death.

1 example is a game I played today with NuWa. Like it was unbelievable. There was not even one teamfight, and why? because everyone gets just 1-shotted in fighting scenarios (Max.3 people). I did a pretty big noob move and we won through objective cause NuWa is also mechanically the most broken god but nvm.

To be honest I have no idea how to improve that and maybe I am standing alone with my opinion, but getting 2 shotted by NORMAL SKILLS from a Scylla or getting nuked by He Bo's ult seems pretty....Not to mention other gods.

So what I want to say is that I personally miss the old fighting scenarios which will last at least longer than 10 second. ( Mainly Casual Conquest)

Some things I want to have again are more Items who provide flat pen and defense R.i.P. Focused Void-Items or lower cooldown and the dmg of Gods *cough*Janus*cough*

thanks for reading and if you agree or disagree pls let me know in this post =)
Just another Loki haha =D

iSnod

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Devampi » July 22, 2014 11:22am | Report
I also agree 1 shotting isn't possible but 2 shotting is for adc/mages assassins (I don't find loki that problem he becomes a missile kiling 1 and then he is worthless and in teamfights worthless)

If you go and look at other moba's you will see heroes/gods do less damage with e.g. there ult. or they gain a lot more health then in smite

Devampi
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (105)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by iSnod » July 22, 2014 11:25am | Report
Well I don't care if an enemy adc's kills me because an adc is built especially for that, but in most of the games the adc doesnt even kill me 'cause at least hitting constantly basic attack are skillshots, but a mage who prepare his kill combo with a hard cc which nearly doesnt take any skill at all like a waterspout or a root that is very poor IMO
Just another Loki haha =D

iSnod

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » July 22, 2014 11:48am | Report
Wow. Yeah, I'm also sick of how everyone is Jax in this game, only squishier.

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Deathsession » July 22, 2014 2:23pm | Report
Same thing happened in Dawngate. Then they released a patch that just reduced pretty much all dmg by 20%. Things were instantly better. Maybe Smite should think about doing something similar?

Although I'm not really complaining being I like to be the 1-2 shot characters. but I do agree, extended teamfights would be better for the game. Seems ATM victory can happen in a split second.

Deathsession

Established (17)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Setolino » July 22, 2014 9:20pm | Report
If you consider that Smite pretty much life with the idea of action combat, fast decision making and so one it would hurt the game more than helping if you nerf the dmg to drastic.
"Wololol" -Age of Empires

Setolino
<Godlike>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Established (18)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » July 22, 2014 9:48pm | Report
It's gotten to the point where the majority of people on this site don't play Smite anymore, or at least not often. I don't think it can get any worse.

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Raventhor » July 22, 2014 10:00pm | Report
The reason why everything does a decent amount of damage, especially auto attacks, is because there's juking and doging EVERYTHING in this game compared to others. You can't dodge auto attacks in league, but you can in smite, thus either the average health has to be lower (it's really not) or the average damage has to be higher (it really is)

The problem, is they haven't found that perfect balance yet.

Thus, everyone get your pitchforks and let's go on a witchhunt for HiRez employees
-Demolibium

Raventhor
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Eminent (158)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » July 22, 2014 10:06pm | Report
That makes no sense once you get to a higher level of play. Good ADCs rarely miss much; mages can easily hit with every skillshot, etc. Not to mention they're making the game easier and easier to play with every patch.

The reduction of pre- and post-hit delays, the widening of Ne Zha's sash and Herc's pull, etc etc.

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Raventhor » July 22, 2014 10:23pm | Report
It's not about them missing it's about you dodging, it makes a lot of sense. That's the point of a skillshot.

But at least you disregarded the entire point of my post, that's always nice.
-Demolibium

Raventhor
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Eminent (158)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }