Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Sub's Tier List

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Thread Locked

This thread has been locked by the moderators, you cannot reply to it.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 13 19 >>
Forum
Forum » General Discussion » Sub's Tier List 189 posts - page 1 of 19
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » November 27, 2014 3:59am | Report
This is a simple game. Either you're top tier or you're garbage.

Support-Tanks

Mages

Hunters

Assassins

Warriors

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » November 27, 2014 4:09am | Report
In my definition, garbage is having no niche or use at all in the metagame.

Chronos is garbage because Freya took his niche, and he has nothing else.

Scylla is garbage because she's worthless next to Janus.

And in Smite, non-garbage usually means that you're awesome in every situation.

Sylvanus is good with everything because he has literally everything the old tanks have except for a cleanse.

Janus has literally every other mage's attributes rolled into a package.

I want games to be kinda like this

Diana is low tier because I like her :*( Moving on

Nissa is considered lowest tier because of her poor scaling into late game. but her laning phase is ridiculous and she has that niche.

Varion is topiest tier because of how ridiculously safe he is, but his damage is average and his laning phase is average and he doesn't really excel in one particular area aside from being a safe ADC.

Both are used, no shaper ever eclipses the other, and everyone has a niche they can fill. A unique niche. No shaper is garbage because they can't do a requirement of their role, like early game presence or waveclear or massive CC or self-peeling or massive mobility or other ****.

The difference between high and low tier shouldn't be the difference between Anubis and Janus.

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by dacoqrs » November 27, 2014 4:40am | Report
I think only having two tiers "Garbage" and "Nongarbage" could make it possibly hard to understand if a new player reads it. Obviously, I understood it and for the most part agreed with it, but new players may have a tough time making some sense out of it.
Thanks to Ferrum for making the sig pic! He's beast af people.
IGN: BestJanusNA
What I'm listening to right now: Derp -Bassjackers

dacoqrs

Prominent (40)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Greenevers » November 27, 2014 8:04am | Report
Odin has been seen a lot in regionals and stuff but hasn't been doing well. I personally think he is only a good pick because of his ring since his 1/2 damage combo falls off. However some pros and people like Krett think he's underestimated.

Greenevers
<Retired Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (105)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Greenevers » November 27, 2014 9:42am | Report
Arachne and Nemesis garbage tier? Why are they used so much in the SPL? One of the best pro junglers, Weak3n has started using Arachne ever since her rework. She's good in all stages of the game. Not sure why you underestimate Nemesis. Her damage output is decent and then exponentially rises mid-late game. Mercury is overrated tbh.

Vamana isn't garbage... He has been one of the top picks in solo lane for the past couple of months. He's slowly been being picked less but he's still viable.

Support role is a bit more flexible. In other countries, Ares was a top pick and doesn't actually do too bad you just have to play extremely aggressive early to get that first blood. Bacchus is not that bad. But again, you're right that these gods are only picked when Geb, Athena, ***bha, Syl are banned/picked.

Pretty much everything else is right.

Greenevers
<Retired Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (105)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Romanians » November 27, 2014 10:14am | Report
Nemesis is nowhere near garbage imo.
Same goes for Isis, she's so very underestimated. She's got lots of CC and teamfight potential and can dominate a teamfight if played right.

What a good Isis can do...

Romanians

Established (17)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by HolyPudding » November 27, 2014 11:31am | Report
Vamana, Nemesis, Arachne, Zhong Kui, Anhur, Bacchus and Guan Yu being considered "garbage" is silly.

Vamana becomes one of the most resistant, damaging and overall game winning characters if he gets only the slightest lead.

Nemesis has the power to CRUSH the health and armour of any mildly resistant character.

Arachne is good at all stages due to her duelling early-mid and her scaling well with items.

Zhong Kui is so damn hard to kill and is a great frontline mage.

Anhur is an absolute monster in lane, and doesn't fall off hard late game.

Bacchus is tanky, mobile and has lots of CC. Without the mana issues he'd most likely be op.

Guan Yu is an amazing solo with the capability to absolutely destroy with his 3 early on and transition into being unkillable. Also, his ult is ridiculous in damage early and provides serious teamfight presence later on.
"We are none but friends

All born to the same forum

Why not live in peace?"

HolyPudding

Established (19)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by SoapSuds » November 27, 2014 1:39pm | Report
I can agree with a lot of these, but there are a few I have to disagree with.

Isis, for starters. As Romanians stated, she's criminally underrated. A good Isis is one of my favorite mages to have in a team fight. Her hard hitting stun, her silence/slow, etc can all be literal life savers. I also would call her mobility bad as it gives decent speed as well as does decent damage at the same time, due to the fact you can move backwards without any penalty. Won't save you every time, but it's something.

Bacchus is another one I wouldn't call garbage. Yes, he can have mana issues, but that should get solved a bit into the match. But he has nice CC, though his stun process is easy to interrupt, is fairly tanky, and can even output a decent amount of damage. Though, you and Green are right in that the four you listed as non-garbage are usually better picks.

Guan is a curious one to me. At this point in the game's life, he just doesn't seem like he would be as powerful a pick as some of the others, and he might not, but I've seen quite a few Guan Yu's succeed and dominate. Not in ranked or competitive, mind you, but still...

I can't really comment on any of the others, as, like I've overstated a million times, I don't play CQ. However, I have played these three above recently in CQ, though Bacchus and Guan were in MotDs, so they weren't conventional matches. I have seen people play them very well in videos recently, though, so I can safely say I wouldn't personally call them garbage.

Thankfully in Arena, things aren't so strict.
Comic Series Currently Reading:
  • Wonder Woman Vol 2
  • Green Lantern Vol 2
  • Infinity Gauntlet

SoapSuds

Prominent (43)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by _angrytoast » November 27, 2014 2:41pm | Report
I'm finding it a tad hard to agree with a lot of stuff on your tierlist;

Firstly in the Support section, you class Bacchus in the same tier as Cabrakan. Bacchus although somewhat outclassed by other guardians such as Geb or Sylvanus, is a solid guardian. As for your comment about his ultimate being terrible, I would have to disagree, although not as good as a knockup, it is probably one of the most disruptive ults in the game. Also, his one is great CC, what are you even thinking?

Secondly, Zhong Kui, Scylla, and Eset are incredibly powerful. When I watch competitive Smite Zhong Kui is often banned. When he is played, his mix of CC and AoE damgage is a force to be reckoned with. Scylla on the other hand has a completely different kit then Janus... she isn't popular because her early laning phase isn't strong. Her niche although similar, is not the same as Janus.

Moving on to the hunter's, I don't agree with your comment on Anhur. Anhur has a much easier kit then Ullr, and is incredibly popular in the EU SPL.

In conclusion, this tierlist most definitely needs some work. Maybe add a recycling tier? In my opinion most of the non-garbage tier gods are alright but some gods need to either be moved down or up into a middle tier.

*Note that this is my opinion, it is not meant to offend anyone...

_angrytoast

Memorable (14)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by All4Games » November 27, 2014 3:17pm | Report
Yes because pillar stuns are soooo much easier then ullr. Pls tell me more about how easy it is to hit all 8 spears of his ultimate blindly.

A stance switcher=\= difficult kit...
never forget dawngate and never forgive EA. Freia will hunt them for eternity.

All4Games

Distinguished (54)
View My Blog
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 13 19 >>
Forum

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }