Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

SOLO lane meta?

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » General Discussion » SOLO lane meta? 3 posts - page 1 of 1
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by djma777 » September 2, 2016 12:10am | Report
Hi everyone!! I'm fairly new at the game only lvl17 in over 1week of game time. I have bought 1 god per role in this order: adc>supp>mid>jungle>solo. I had no problems whatsoever playing the rest of the roles except this one - solo. I chose Erlang Shen to be my first or main solo laner. I chose a tanky route for him for my first normal cq,and here comes the problem. I was playing with lvl30 clan mates and they were telling me i bought the wrong items for him and i was debating my point that i wanted to go tanky, and they said "solo lanes never go tank". so now i'm wondering if that's the meta of my mates just don't realize how flexible the builds could be or in other words are just used to an erlang as dps. I mean i get what they say erlang's skills are good dps but i feel he's viable as a tank as well. And the way the game was going we weren't doing good at all so if build a dps erlang i would just get obliterated faster than i already was as a tank. but anyway as the topic suggests this is a question i'd like to ask you guys who are a lot more experienced in the game. Enlighten me... :D thanks in advance.

djma777

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Branmuffin17 » September 2, 2016 1:11am | Report
The Solo laner counter-builds more than any other role. If you're a warrior, standard would be:
  • Starter ( Bluestone Pendant or Mark of the Vanguard, depending on god and enemy laner)
  • Boots (usually Warrior Tabi)
  • The item immediately after is usually some kind of counter (protection item with other stats that enhance the kit of the god you're playing, with maybe some consideration to the jungler, as well as how you and your team are doing at that point)...if it's a basic attacker, and you want to be aggressive, you could consider something like Frostbound Hammer, because it has health, power, and the slow.

In the end, most warriors will build at least a couple of protection-type items, and the rest damage/utility. But you won't really want to go "full" tank. He needs at least a couple of basic attack items, including Qin's Sais and The Executioner, I think, but doesn't need too many of those since he also has a steroid ability. I don't know, for sure, though, since I don't play him =P

It would be good to know the items you bought, along with the exact order in which you bought it...we could give better feedback with more info.

You also could do with a lot more general practice just to better understand the game, individual gods, and start getting an inkling of what works for you. It really helps to learn and know all of the items, and that takes time. The in-game "recommended" tab doesn't always suggest items that are good for the god, either.
Branmuffin17
<Administrator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Exalted (395)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by djma777 » September 3, 2016 1:21am | Report
Branmuffin17 wrote:

The Solo laner counter-builds more than any other role. If you're a warrior, standard would be:
  • Starter ( Bluestone Pendant or Mark of the Vanguard, depending on god and enemy laner)
  • Boots (usually Warrior Tabi)
  • The item immediately after is usually some kind of counter (protection item with other stats that enhance the kit of the god you're playing, with maybe some consideration to the jungler, as well as how you and your team are doing at that point)...if it's a basic attacker, and you want to be aggressive, you could consider something like Frostbound Hammer, because it has health, power, and the slow.

In the end, most warriors will build at least a couple of protection-type items, and the rest damage/utility. But you won't really want to go "full" tank. He needs at least a couple of basic attack items, including Qin's Sais and The Executioner, I think, but doesn't need too many of those since he also has a steroid ability. I don't know, for sure, though, since I don't play him =P

It would be good to know the items you bought, along with the exact order in which you bought it...we could give better feedback with more info.

You also could do with a lot more general practice just to better understand the game, individual gods, and start getting an inkling of what works for you. It really helps to learn and know all of the items, and that takes time. The in-game "recommended" tab doesn't always suggest items that are good for the god, either.

awesome reply thank you!! i was going for the tanky part of this build https://www.smitefire.com/smite/guide/erlang-shen-guide-updated-for-patch-3-16-13677. excuse me as i'm not yet familiar how to properly post a link here in smitefire.

I have tried the atk speed route and i saw the huge difference. However, I still feel that the tanky build is still viable with a proper team. It was just that our team was getting wrecked and our lineup was a bunch of squishies. I 2-0 my lane against an izanami then her teammates came to my lane almost everytime i showed up. everyone except for an 11-10 hades(vs 14-8 zues) on my team had a negative k/d/a. izanami got 2-4 in the end. i think i managed my lane pretty well despite our team being wrecked.

i have over 6years experience playing MOBA's so I kinda have an idea how things work and am able to adapt quite well to smite. It really just got me curious why my teammates would say solo lanes never go tank. I think now i know that, like you said, I wouldn't really want to go full tank, which i didn't in that game.

I was able to stay in fights for good few seconds till most if not all enemies start focusing me, I think my team just really wasn't able to farm enough to kill the enemies while i was tanking for them.

I getting an ok grasp of the meta now and I can't wait to get to lvl30 master enough champions to try ranked games. I think by that time, I would have learned enough to adapt my build to the game w/o looking at guides.

thanks again!!

djma777

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }