Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

SmiteFire Tournament Idea.

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » General Discussion » SmiteFire Tournament Idea. 85 posts - page 3 of 9
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by MadDanny » November 17, 2013 7:46am | Report
I'll keep this idea rolling for maybe a week. See if you guys all agree on it. Say what you want in the tournament and say what you want to do to help: Be it participating or shoutcasting etc
This is my signature. It is full of vowels and consonants.
In-game name: MadDany

Owner of: SmiteFireGaming clan. Open for our SmiteFire community members
Pm or look for our thread(I'd prefer if you'd go to our threadsince I don't online that often.)
A.K.A.The Mad Priest

MadDanny

Prominent (34)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by ICEN » November 17, 2013 1:32pm | Report
1v1 is going to be so unfair to some gods but I guess you could say its their fault for picking that god.

I guess I am in but why 1v1 arena?
What about 3v3 Tourny, but then again people would have to pick teams.

The bad thing is if someone is a pro fenrir they are going to lose to average poseidon 1v1.
Again you can say its their fault for picking fenrir in a 1v1 but my thought was well some people want to play their fav gods and will probably still do so even if it puts them at a disadvantage.

The only thing that sucks is 1v1 isn't what smite is based around, although 3v3 isn't what its based around either it would at least allow gods like fenrir to do something.

3v3!!!!! Da best!

But if your doing 1v1 I still play it for kicks if enough people join, I think 3v3 would be funner since more people from the forum is involved in playing

ICEN

Prominent (41)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Silv3rX » November 17, 2013 1:37pm | Report
3v3 is indeed more fun than a 1v1, since it shows how united the smitefire community is.
The Moba King

Silv3rX
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (53)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by UnknownPandr » November 17, 2013 1:48pm | Report
Oh, yes 3v3 would be much better. Some gods can win too easily in 1v1's *cough* Freya *cough*.

UnknownPandr

Prominent (35)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Raventhor » November 17, 2013 1:51pm | Report
So I'm a little confused. You need to win 2/3 to advance, but only 1 of the modes is 1v1. Are you suggesting a custom match in arena or assault as 1v1? That sounds boring.

Basically, arena and assault would be defined by pushing gods. If you roll Ra in assault you pretty much win. Arena isn't as safe since they can go back, but since it's 1v1, if they have a god who can't clear the minion waves you still win through points. In the joust, it's finally balanced, but 1v1 is very...unfun to me. I prefer team environments.

My next question, is if the arena/assault AREN'T 1v1, how exactly do the rounds work? Queue solo for the first round, then as groups in the 2nd? This seems...odd.

But I do like the idea. Small little smitefire community games. I suggest a weekly smitefire community gathering game instead of a tournement with no rewards.
-Demolibium

Raventhor
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Eminent (158)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by ICEN » November 17, 2013 2:07pm | Report
UnknownPandr wrote:

Oh, yes 3v3 would be much better. Some gods can win too easily in 1v1's *cough* Freya *cough*.
I can't remember if it was maddanny and all4games that I was playing 3v3 with but I did such as cheap **** in 3v3 lol I would say it but everyone would jock it if we ever do 3v3!

ICEN

Prominent (41)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by TormentedTurnip » November 17, 2013 3:19pm | Report
Well, now that 1v1 is out, I'm a bit more interested. Make the prize for victory a lifetime supply of bacon, and I'm game.

TormentedTurnip
<Retired Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Esteemed (96)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by MadDanny » November 17, 2013 3:24pm | Report
Well in 1v1 you get to have bans so of course you can easily ban the ones that are op in some areas. But 3v3 is also fine. I'm just worried that 5v5 is to much since how less we are
This is my signature. It is full of vowels and consonants.
In-game name: MadDany

Owner of: SmiteFireGaming clan. Open for our SmiteFire community members
Pm or look for our thread(I'd prefer if you'd go to our threadsince I don't online that often.)
A.K.A.The Mad Priest

MadDanny

Prominent (34)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by BestMinionEver » November 17, 2013 3:27pm | Report
That would be fun!

I vote for all 1v1 jousts though. And skip all the other match types (if it is 1v1s we are going to do) :P
IGN: Marki

Jungle & Support main.

Casually tryharding ranked now and again.

Make fun of my bad plays on Twitch ;)
Is only pixels, why you haf to be mad?

BestMinionEver
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (69)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by TormentedTurnip » November 17, 2013 3:30pm | Report
As awesome as 5v5 would be, it's an unavoidable fact that we don't have enough people. We should have enough for 3v3, though, and it'd be leagues more enjoyable than 1v1.

TormentedTurnip
<Retired Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Esteemed (96)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }