Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

SmiteFire Tournament Idea.

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » General Discussion » SmiteFire Tournament Idea. 85 posts - page 8 of 9
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by JararoNatsu » November 19, 2013 7:23pm | Report
Jary-pooh, huh? He thinks that he's funny.

Glad someone agrees, though.

By the way, will teams be self-picked or randomly generated?

Check out my Artemis Guide and my Ao Kuang Guide!

JararoNatsu
<Veteran>

Distinguished (51)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by TormentedTurnip » November 19, 2013 7:24pm | Report
It's a term of endearment. Feel free to call me Turnip-honey.

I think it'd be nice to choose your teammates, it could be a fun way to build rivalries.

TormentedTurnip
<Retired Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Esteemed (96)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Raventhor » November 19, 2013 7:34pm | Report
I'd think it's kind of imperative to provide bans, but also allow team-mate choosing. Basically, with 3 bans, they *can't* ban every god you'd play, and if they do, they let the rest of your team pick WHATEVER you want.
Also, part of skill is reacting to not being in your safe-zone ;)
If you're truly good, you know how the game works and how to play it, not just relying on your own mastery of the god.

But only 3 bans per team. 3 each may seem significant (6 out of the 40+ gods), but it allows for counterplay and team-comps to form. IMO, it would just be Pos, Agni, Neith, Herc/Merc/AMC, +2 targetted bans at people.
-Demolibium

Raventhor
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Eminent (158)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by TormentedTurnip » November 19, 2013 7:36pm | Report
This is intended to be 3v3, right? Three bans per team seems a little excessive.
You already listed several that you think would always be banned. That's not counterplay, that's just removing factors.

I'd like to see one where you can only play gods you've got green guides on. ^_^

TormentedTurnip
<Retired Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Esteemed (96)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Raventhor » November 19, 2013 7:40pm | Report
Whoops, was in the 5v5 mindframe. And listed a few that are already always banned in competitive/tournament play. But if, say, Jararo is playing midlane Ao Kuang (for it wasn't banned), and he's very comfortable, he can say "I have no problem against any mid laners, don't worry about banning Agni or Poseidon."

Counterplay is plugging up weaknesses and removing enemy strengths. Whether that's banning in pre-game, or having your jungler camp a lane to prevent an Artemis from getting fed, you're stopping their team's strengths.

Anyway, in 3v3, I'd suppose it'd be 4 bans, as I think exists. And poseidon/agni aren't guaranteed bans in 3v3, since there is no solo lane for them to bully. I find 3v3 is very, very hard to ban well in, since the smaller comps allow for so much variability.
-Demolibium

Raventhor
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Eminent (158)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by TormentedTurnip » November 19, 2013 7:49pm | Report
If locking out gods is considered valid counterplay, then I think there should be an option to ban certain items from being purchased. After all, it's plugging up weaknesses! :P

I don't like the idea of bans in what I consider to be a somewhat casual tournament, done to show off how well we can perform with our favorite gods, but I suppose if it's not excessive it should be fine.

TormentedTurnip
<Retired Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Esteemed (96)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Raventhor » November 19, 2013 8:22pm | Report
Yeah 4 gods really doesn't stop much, it's only 2 per side for 3v3's. And barring items can completely ruin a god, whereas barring a god won't completely ruin a team. Think about barring boots and combat blink on artemis ;)
-Demolibium

Raventhor
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Eminent (158)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Ragingstorm » November 19, 2013 8:53pm | Report
Hey guys i think I should defz rejoin this tournament.

currently I'm the highest zhong kui top ELO. I think ill have a superior shot at winning.

https://account.hirezstudios.com/smitegame/stats.aspx?player=xXRagingstormXx
All Hail Queen Storm, Queen Storm, Queen Ragingstorm!
You may call me Miss Storm.

"I have returned to the battlefield of these men, and this time, there will be no more salvation,"~Ragingstorm

BB Coding Queen of Smitefire: In the Olden Days, at least.

Ragingstorm

Prominent (49)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by ICEN » November 19, 2013 8:56pm | Report
UnknownPandr wrote:

Pfft, better be bans. I don't wanna see no Freya or herc plays.
Don't jock my herc hes mine :D

ICEN

Prominent (41)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by MadDanny » November 19, 2013 9:53pm | Report
So my idea is. 3v3. First to 2 wins. First round normal Joust, second arena then if there is a third will be in assault. Do you guys want to pick who you want in your team, The leaders will be the ones with the most posts or req. Or all random?
This is my signature. It is full of vowels and consonants.
In-game name: MadDany

Owner of: SmiteFireGaming clan. Open for our SmiteFire community members
Pm or look for our thread(I'd prefer if you'd go to our threadsince I don't online that often.)
A.K.A.The Mad Priest

MadDanny

Prominent (34)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }