Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Smite Balanced?

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » General Discussion » Smite Balanced? 13 posts - page 1 of 2
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by BabbyBeef » May 23, 2013 2:58pm | Report
I would like to know peoples thoughts on the current balance for smite! But and this is a very big BUT (and i cannot lie) i want decent reasons instead of "oooh Zeus did 100 damage to me late game!!!" when you had no protections blablabla also include items as well. Say, blink has too short cool down or whatever just things you feel are overpowered or even under powered? so we can have a good conversation about them :D

Also talk about the tier system would be interesting.
Swagmeister <3

BabbyBeef

Notable (4)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Nex The Slayer » May 24, 2013 12:30am | Report
I can't really think of anything that is really op or underpowered and needs to be fixed right now, but there are a few things that I would like to be changed

First Ne Zha. He deals SO much damage late game and is really hard to kill. Yeah yeah no escapes and low health I know, but all you need is a bit of lifesteal and he becomes way to hard to kill. I don't think he is op just too good and I think he needs a nerf or rework badly.

Artemis, Kali and Bastet needs a buff or rework. There not really underpowered, they get the job done and can be really good in the right hands there just not as good as the other gods.

Then there is Sun Wukong passive Fleet Footed which is really underwhelming compared to other passives ( Insatiable Hunger, Changing Tides and Speed of Light).

Nex The Slayer

Prominent (37)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by coldhotshot » May 24, 2013 2:31am | Report
Well, no game isn't really perfectly balanced but Smite has gotten more balanced than usual. But there are preferred gods to play in competitive compared to others, leading me to believe that a balanced game is a game where all gods can be chosen for competitive.
Click on my signature to go to my guide!

Other guides:
Fenrir :D

Click on this text to get a signature similar to this one!

coldhotshot

Memorable (14)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by TheAmazingComicBookGuy » May 24, 2013 2:44am | Report
Btw Ne Zha really is broken, because he has way to much crits, attack power, attack speed, good ult, nice gapcloser and a good poke. He might be squishy, but soul eater fixes that as it being a great second item ;)

TheAmazingComicBookGuy

Prominent (47)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by All4Games » May 24, 2013 7:36am | Report
so that video basicly tells us that the moment smite might get broken is the moment that a god can't be couter by any other god, item, abillity or buff, and even then still it might not be broken.
never forget dawngate and never forgive EA. Freia will hunt them for eternity.

All4Games

Distinguished (54)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by TheAmazingComicBookGuy » May 24, 2013 9:23am | Report
All4Games wrote:

so that video basicly tells us that the moment smite might get broken is the moment that a god can't be couter by any other god, item, abillity or buff, and even then still it might not be broken.

No, what the vid DOES tell you is that smite is in a state of perfect imbalance, but what it doesn't tell is that if something does have a counter its still not balanced, like ne zha for instance ^_^

TheAmazingComicBookGuy

Prominent (47)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by All4Games » May 24, 2013 10:12am | Report
but you are saying is a broken god in a game that's in a state of perfect inbalance but a broken thing would brake the cycle and would need a patch because that would take it out of perfect inbalance so eather ne zha is not broken but just a very strong god that is hard to utalise and can be countered or it would not be in that state op perfect inbalance or somewhere in between. im not completly sure my self but smite is defenetly in perfect inbalence.

All4Games

Distinguished (54)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by coldhotshot » May 24, 2013 10:22am | Report
Ok, something that is unbalanced is the ability to turn the game around in dire situations. The reason for this is because, normally, when one team gets a small advantage, they would normally win in the end. Can't really fix it, its part of MOBA after all...
Click on my signature to go to my guide!

Other guides:
Fenrir :D

Click on this text to get a signature similar to this one!

coldhotshot

Memorable (14)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by TheAmazingComicBookGuy » May 24, 2013 10:23am | Report
rewatch the vid, broken things exist and don't break the perfect imbalance :P

TheAmazingComicBookGuy

Prominent (47)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by All4Games » May 24, 2013 10:36am | Report
i know they exist and don't break the cycle. At first i was saying something really broken like a god that can't be coutered in anyway would break the cycle. sorry i forgot to also put that if that god would do to much damage and could take allot of hits and had abillities that would be very easy youse would brake it. sorry for forgetting to put that in and i see your point that something a little broken won't brake the game but i can't call ne zha broken, he is unfair in 1v1 if done correctly and just not to far behind but i can't call him OP or broken because he isn't he is very strong and i hate his guts. i did rewatch the video before commenting but that's what i got from it.

All4Games

Distinguished (54)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }