Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Season 6: Early Observation Thread

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » General Discussion » Season 6: Early Observation Thread 25 posts - page 1 of 3
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Wayne3100 » February 11, 2019 2:14pm | Report
Hey guys,

Just figured I'd make a quick thread for anyone to share their initial thoughts on the new season as they play their first few matches.

Are there any gods/goddesses that seem particularly strong or weak following Update 6.1's changes? Any thoughts on Merlin, the new Elixir of Speed, or any of the specific game mode updates?

Feel free to share below :)

P.S. Guide contest coming soon™!

Wayne3100
<Retired Admin>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Prominent (45)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Kriega1 » February 11, 2019 2:24pm | Report
Merlin is fun, Speed Elixir needs to be cheaper.

Kriega1

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (143)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Gulfwulf » February 11, 2019 7:10pm | Report
So Malwarebytes is flagging the new update as ransomware. Is it a false positive or do they know more than what we do?

Gulfwulf
<Guardian Master>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Esteemed (81)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Estidien » February 11, 2019 7:14pm | Report
So far this update is giving me a headache with the cross platform. Matchmaking seems to be having a tough time adjusting to it although it's only day one. I've had a few good matches but I've also had some matches with genuine troll picks and horrific gameplay coming from the console side. No offense to all of you lovely console players but as of right now I have a feeling cross platform is going to be frustrating for both sides until the matchmaking adjusts.

Estidien
<Ambush Artist>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Prominent (30)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by ThePerfectPrism » February 11, 2019 8:11pm | Report
Played 2 games so far, both as Merlin, first game our Chiron just quits the game and, while we do hold our own (All thanks to Stuke, the Awilix and me), we lost cuz the enemy Apollo backdoored us.

The second game, our Tyr ragequits after dying twice to Osiris early game. and me and stuke had to carry our team that were both Xbox players and they were both threatening to leave the match cuz we wouldn't F6. Also, don't be fooled by the Bacchus, most kills were killsteals with his ultimate. (Like 5 of those were supposed to be my kills).

Having fun with Merlin, but not having fun with the new players (BUT I DO WANT TO PLAY WITH ALL OUR BEAUTIFUL CONSOLES PLAYERS FROM OUR SMITEFIRE FAMILY). Oh Well.
Signature by Stuke99, check out his Website Portfolio and his SmiteFire Profile!

ThePerfectPrism
<Mage Master>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (56)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by xmysterionz » February 12, 2019 3:59am | Report
Well, my first impressions were good. I thought PC players would be a problem but for my surprise they are as bad as console players XD.

I got some trolls too by the console side and some DCs from the PC side. In both cases I got stressed :p

Something I noticed PC players DO NOT SURRENDER. Here there was a classic player when a new god is released. He picked Merlin in Solo, was destroyed by Bellona and blamed everyone else, sold his items and was walking around the map just to die for something. We tried to surrender 3 times until finally people of my team noticed they will not win with a trash like this Merlin.

I thought PC players would be a problem and they will be so much stronger, mainly in ADCs, however I destroyed a Xbalanque with Cupid. Also, is Cupid strong or I'm talking ****? 'cause I'm feeling he is stronger now, I dunno, maybe I'm just crazy.

And for last but not least the battle pass was another surprise to me. I was expecting less but only yesterday I got level 30 and now I'm really confident I can get that A W E S O M E Anubis skin.

Edit: Add me people from PC and Switch. PS4 players, I'm sorry for you.

xmysterionz
<Sharpshooter>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (71)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Kriega1 » February 12, 2019 4:40am | Report
I was playing conquest yesterday and there was quite a lot of masters / gm players in my conquest games. Much more than typical casual conquest, but it was fun. Also I played like 4 games and 3 of them I got my priority role (Mid) and the other 1 Solo which is my 2nd priority. I didn't get fill once.

Kriega1

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (143)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by xmysterionz » February 12, 2019 4:44am | Report
Kriega1 wrote:

I got my priority role (Mid) and the other 1 Solo which is my 2nd priority. I didn't get fill once.

Me too, all the times a played Conquest I got all my main roles. None of the matches I filled/got the second role.

xmysterionz
<Sharpshooter>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (71)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by xmysterionz » February 12, 2019 5:20am | Report
I forgot to say 2 things.

I thought Toten of ku would be more useful and Merlin is doing so much damage on fire stance late game.

xmysterionz
<Sharpshooter>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (71)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by ThePerfectPrism » February 12, 2019 6:57am | Report
Yeah we PC players normally don't see a reason to surrender, except it's a clear defeat. Heck, in 4v5 matches, both me and stuke play those till the end if we can both handle the enemy team (Which is the case of the matches I linked above).

F7. Never Surrender.
Signature by Stuke99, check out his Website Portfolio and his SmiteFire Profile!

ThePerfectPrism
<Mage Master>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (56)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }