Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Scylla Reaction Thread

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » General Discussion » Scylla Reaction Thread 64 posts - page 1 of 7
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » March 5, 2014 5:33am | Report
Put your opinion of her here, and any suggested changes, and why plz. Just for posterity.

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Chiulin » March 5, 2014 5:41am | Report
I honestly don't feel the "super op ridiculous god of doom that must be used or you will fail." Like I did when Nemesis and Chaac were released. I'm not saying she's balanced(although I don't know what I would change), but she isn't so broken that you want to shoot yourself when you see her on the enemy team.

Chiulin

Prominent (31)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Romanians » March 5, 2014 5:42am | Report
Only played 3 matches with Scylla so I can't say much.

The only change I would do to her is taking away the ability to Poly twice with Sentinel. Once when placing the sentinel and once again after activating it.

Her ult seemed a bit too strong at first, but it's not that easy to hit as Grasping Hands for example so it's fine in the end. Easily countered by Aegis or a simple dash/ leap.

As for teamfights, she has quite some usefulness with her 1 maxed, and if followed by 2 and ult she is a weapon of mass destruction.

Will add more as I play... if I can get the chance with everyone trying to do the same.

Romanians

Established (17)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » March 5, 2014 6:12am | Report
Ah, and also your reactions and suggestions about the non-new god stuff, like the item changes. How are the items?

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Chiulin » March 5, 2014 6:20am | Report
The malice/rage thing. I don't know how to feel. It seems like they made malice useless and all the ADC's are just gonna have to go rage now. Or build all the crit items, which doesn't seem good either.

They took out focused voidblade and focused voidstone why? These trees are eliminating a lot of favorite picked items and don't really have a reason too. They pretty much eliminated the items that built stacks based on time. Not sure the purpose. They seemed useful if you were having trouble building stacks, or on assault.

BoV doesn't have mana at rank 1. Sweet. That's a really powerful item. A little nerf could be used.

**** you Ao Kuang. I'll never be scared of not moving again! *Nemesis creeps out of the jungle*

You can beads out of a Cupid ult now? I'm going to go pout in my corner now.

I'm actually running more fps finally. They did a performance update that helped.

Did I mention that added counter to Fields Of Love?

Chiulin

Prominent (31)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Dark Jaw » March 5, 2014 6:22am | Report
Okay. She's not OP at all, the only problem I see with her is her ''Sentinel'' thingy. The only mage that can escape from Odin's Ring of Spears. Not fair at all! I already hate Agni by his dash, Scylla might take that place soon. Why not change the Teleport into a Dash? Much fair, while she keeps similar aspects.

Otherwise I think she's fine. A good burst mage. I still hadn't the opportunity to play her, but I'll soon.

Dark Jaw

Prominent (44)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » March 5, 2014 6:24am | Report
Eh, Malice will be really strong for gods like Odin. Or god, Vamana, dealing stupid amounts of damage as an AoE tick attack.

Golden Bow and Hunter's Bow are still useless.

Bplate still is too strong, IMO.

Ao nef is most welcome, although I still think the slow duration needs to be reduced.

And you could always BEads out of a cripple. I'm not sure what the change did, but I recall beads-ing out of Shackles pretty often.

The hard CC change feels weird, to be honest. Personally, I think they should have kept roots and whatnot as hard CC.

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Romanians » March 5, 2014 6:41am | Report
Gem of Binding is gone, so is Hide of the leviathan, ankh of the golem, focused void stone and void blade and the 2nd branch for Magi's Blessing (the one with 35 protections, can't remember the name right now).

T1 BoV has no mana but it has 20 phys protection now.

Romanians

Established (17)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Chiulin » March 5, 2014 6:47am | Report
Just now read the part about the cripples stopping a dash. That's really cool, oh wait. Poseidon's vortex of doom kiddy pool. I don't like this anymore. :c

Chiulin

Prominent (31)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Sunfall » March 5, 2014 7:56am | Report
It would seem my predictions for Scylla's gameplay were quite accurate. The only thing about her kit that I'd deem overpowering if anything is her sentinel teleport. The fact that it can trigger Polynomicon twice is most likely a bug that will get patched out quickly once HiRez knows it exists. Other than that, she's balanced and quite counterable if you're not a complete idiot when facing her.
Waiting on a good new MOBA, please.

Sunfall
<Veteran>

Prominent (29)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }