Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Release the Quaken Patch Notes

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » General Discussion » Release the Quaken Patch Notes 42 posts - page 1 of 5
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Raventhor » January 28, 2014 2:25pm | Report
Seeing as either Mowen or Razemage post the notes, I won't waste time editing a full post, but here's the link to the notes released as of 5:00 PM EST 1/28

https://docs.google.com/document/d/10fj3l8hq14UOx9d4C_3stOJ2PQ8CYfGqzbVropevSbU/pub

My opinions: Release the Quaken: Poolseidon is an amazing visual skin.
This patch was nothing but post-hit delay removal, though. Everyone is going to get their abilities off near instantly. And it's bad for counterplay.
-Demolibium

Raventhor
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Eminent (158)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Setolino » January 28, 2014 2:27pm | Report
Herc is op now haha.Dont see the reason why they buff him.
"Wololol" -Age of Empires

Setolino
<Godlike>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Established (18)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Raventhor » January 28, 2014 2:29pm | Report
Eh, it's just more forgiving for him to hit. Most good hercs already did, and average ones won't feel like **** anymore. No literal buffs, just easier to hit things. Still, it's gonna be annoying to dodge now.
-Demolibium

Raventhor
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Eminent (158)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Setolino » January 28, 2014 2:33pm | Report
Raventhor wrote:

Eh, it's just more forgiving for him to hit. Most good hercs already did, and average ones won't feel like **** anymore. No literal buffs, just easier to hit things. Still, it's gonna be annoying to dodge now.

Believe me he gonna now be picken more often in ranked/competitiv just as vamana. Little buffs can make a hughe difference. Odin gonna profit with this patch also pretty much, Guan Yu little nerf.. idk what that means for the old warrior, i think he is still good.

Setolino
<Godlike>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Established (18)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » January 28, 2014 2:34pm | Report
Well, Smite's counterplay in general was always low...

#REMEMBER THE MANTICORE

Athena indirectly got a huge buff, more so than other gods, as the change to her post hit delay on her Shield Wall makes a near-instant Confound, so she will be able to proc the double-hit from Confound rank 1.

Cupid got a pretty serious nerf. Not sure how I feel about that.

Guan Yu got a HUGE NERF. Seriously, a HUGE nerf. What the hell?

They need to start giving justifications for these changes. I mean, I understand He Bo's ridiculous damage being nerfed, but why do they nerf gods like Cupid and Guan Yu when there are clearly problems with Zeus and Arachne and others?

Edit: Confound increases in duration by 0.25 seconds per rank, and the change in the post hit delay is 0.31 seconds. Yipes.

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by JararoNatsu » January 28, 2014 2:34pm | Report
This patch does little but prove how Hi-Rez is filled with people who have no common sense.

What the HELL are they accomplishing in nerfing Cupid? He is one of the lowest-tier Gods and this nerf will send him even lower down the ranks.

These post-fire time changes are ridiculous. All they do is make the good and OP gods better, while making changes to the not-so-good Gods that could be substituted for, oh I don't know, NECESARRY BUFFS?!

The He Bo nerf is necessary. That's probably the only good God balance in this **** patch.

And don't even get me started on that Chang'e skin. If you're going to give that ***** a skin that also has custom holiday-themed voice commands, then give custom VGS to every holiday skin!

Oh, and good ****ING job for buffing Hercules. That is exactly what this game needed (NOT).

This patch as well as the recent ones have done little for me except for making me want to stab my ******* eyes out. Hi-Rez needs to get their heads out of each other's ***es and start making some viable changes.

Check out my Artemis Guide and my Ao Kuang Guide!

JararoNatsu
<Veteran>

Distinguished (51)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Romanians » January 28, 2014 2:35pm | Report
Looking forward to see that new Chang'e skin. Also, no Chang'e nerfs this patch, this is awesome.

Romanians

Established (17)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Setolino » January 28, 2014 2:36pm | Report
The post fire change i dont understand either, i mean it gonna be so easy just to spam abilitis and kill everything with it. maybe it make ares more viable idk. Gonna test it.

Setolino
<Godlike>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Established (18)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by alphacar » January 28, 2014 2:40pm | Report

Here is the video if you haven't seen it yet.

alphacar

Memorable (13)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Dark Jaw » January 28, 2014 2:41pm | Report
I need someone to stab my eyes. Those Hercules buffs are, undoubtably, disgusting. Let's buff the god that doesn't ****ing die, and nerf the baby no one ****ing plays.

Hercules can pretty much WRECK any other Solo Laner, from my experience. EVEN Guan Yu, that people consider the Best Solo.

Cupid. Let's nerf him, so no one else plays the ridiculous, annoying baby.

He Bo nerf. Good, good.

RELEASE THE QUACKEN, YEEES. I'll purchase it, soon enough. Even tho I don't play a lot of Poseidon, and he needs buffs.

And that's it. I'll play some Starcraft II and Dawngate until HiRez fix some ****.

Dark Jaw

Prominent (44)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }