Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Release the Quaken Patch Notes

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » General Discussion » Release the Quaken Patch Notes 42 posts - page 5 of 5
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Creationism » January 29, 2014 1:35pm | Report
I'm going to be one of those few with positive things to say about this patch.

I actually like the post hit delay decrease. It rewards high skill level play a bit better for the simple reason of combos. There will be some instances where it needs to be fixed and returned to normal, and you still have cast times to factor into counter play. If you see Athena dropping a Shield wall, dash away for pete's sakes. Decision making now matters even more in the early game.

I liked most of the buffs/nerfs. Sad that Hades didn't get a cripple on his ult (the only thing he needs to be competitive, despite what others say)

Cupid nerf was unneeded, but I don't play Cupid, and have never played Cupid, and his early game poke was a little ridiculous. Now they just need to fix his late game.

Creationism

Notable (4)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Raventhor » January 29, 2014 1:49pm | Report
Only problem, is you can't dash away anymore. The post hit delay is low enough to where she can dash in, taunt, and THEN drop shield wall, and the activation period after taunt is so small that the shield wall will still almost guaranteed hit twice.

Post-Hit delays do not reward high level play, they reduce the ability to play. Chaining combos together is not a skill thing, it's just spamming abilities. The previous ability to DODGE skills is what took outplay maneuvers. You had the chance to outplay your opponent. How do you outplay them now that they can chain everything together at once without chance of counterplay measures?

Also, I'd kind of despise cripple on hades ult (no combat blink out of it? Hard to counterplay against that), but I do want it to be a bigger AoE radius with a bigger pull. It IS an ult after all.
-Demolibium

Raventhor
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Eminent (158)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }