Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Quick question

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » General Discussion » Quick question 4 posts - page 1 of 1
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by SkyPirateShini » June 28, 2018 11:13am | Report
I got my friend into Smite recently and he's just started (not even level 10) so I wanna play games and help him out but there is a huge level and skill difference between us and I don't want to toss him into games way above him if I can help it. So how does matchmaking work when in a party? Is it the leader they take into account or is it combined from the party members?

SkyPirateShini

Notable (4)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by boogiebass » June 28, 2018 11:15am | Report
You'll likely get matched with lower skill players (your team and enemy team)

Speaking from personal experience when i played with draisaitl when he switched from xb1 to pc.

boogiebass
<World Serpent>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Prominent (46)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Gulfwulf » June 28, 2018 12:02pm | Report
It's supposed to be based off of your combined ELO, but given how wonky match-making can be, I wouldn't put too much stock into it. I wouldn't invite a third until your friend gets used to the game.

Gulfwulf
<Guardian Master>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Esteemed (81)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Branmuffin17 » June 28, 2018 2:15pm | Report
I think they generally try to average out the calculated skill levels, so you might meet somewhere in the middle of you two, with a lot of consideration given to the newness of the other player.

One other thing to note, I believe, is that teaming with someone automatically increases that average to a degree...they assume teamed players have a greater possibility of better teamwork and communication.
Branmuffin17
<Administrator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Exalted (394)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }