Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Patch 5.23, "Godslayer" - Bran's Thoughts

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » General Discussion » Patch 5.23, "Godslayer" - Bran's Thoughts 5 posts - page 1 of 1
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Branmuffin17 » December 7, 2018 12:41pm | Report
Link to the official patch notes is here: https://www.smitegame.com/news/godslayer-5-23-update-notes

Skins:
  • Jingle Shells Kuzenbo: That's a pretty cute kappa.
  • Dual Tech Hel: Okay I like this one a lot.
  • Kitty Kaboom Serqet: Eh. Meh.
  • Battle Queen Hera: It's okay.
  • Shadow Stalker Izanami: Yeah...like this one a lot too.
  • Count Baron Samedi: S'okay I guess.
  • Stitched Horror Zhong Kui: Oh damn, Stuke was right. This is basically Oogie Boogie...or like one of the things from the movie 9. Freaking finally he gets a new skin, and it's a badass one.
  • Godslayer Ares: The new T5. I actually didn't see it in action. I love Ares but no way am I putting in the money to get the skin.

God Changes:
  • Ah Puch (nerfs): Undead Surge's slow duration decreases from 3 seconds to 2 seconds. Empty the Crypts' duration decreases from 6 seconds to 5 seconds. These are very reasonable adjustments. I'm happy with them.

• Cu Chulainn (buff): Spear of Mortal Pain / War Cry cooldown reduced from 100 seconds to 85 seconds. Fair buff. I haven't played him in a while. I probably should.

• Guan Yu (buff): Conviction gets a bit of his full-stack healing modifier restored, from 1.5x to 1.7x. 2x was probably too strong, but 1.5x felt a bit on the weak side. This is a nice buff for him, since he has been pretty weak.

• Hades (buffs): Got a base MS increase from 355 to 365. Pillar of Agony's protections increased from 60 / 70 / 80 / 90 / 100 to 60 / 85 / 110 / 135 / 160. This is actually very nice for him. Doesn't make Hades more fun to play (sorry), but gives him a lot more survivability (even when building very few protections as a Mid or something) when he's most vulnerable in his ult.

• Vamana (buff): Colossal Fury gains a stacking health shield of 0.6% max health every 0.2 seconds, and his actual healing changes from every 2 seconds to every 1 second. In this form, he can also pass through player-made obstacles (like Odin's Ring of Spears). This is a very nice QoL change for him, and is a damn hard reflected counter to Odin, who used to be the bane of his existence, due to both the trapping and the 100% healing reduction fully countering his ult. I do find him fun to play, so this is nice.
Very solid buffs to lower-tier gods...the love for the warriors is strong. Stuke is happy. Bleach manufacturers are not.
Branmuffin17
<Administrator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Exalted (394)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Kriega1 » December 7, 2018 1:58pm | Report
Still waiting for Arachne re-work and proper Freya nerfs, perhaps more Pele nerfs too. Hera nerf would be welcome as well.

Kriega1

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (143)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by boogiebass » December 7, 2018 2:19pm | Report
Kriega, you're gonna be an old man before that even happens.

boogiebass
<World Serpent>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Prominent (46)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Stuke99 » December 8, 2018 12:48pm | Report
Lets just hope Disney doesn't threaten to hit HR with the lawsuit hammer and the new Zhong skin has to be pulled.

Stuke99
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (56)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by DrxFlaskers » December 10, 2018 6:18am | Report
Liking the Baron Samedi skin better than the Half Life one... 10/10 will get. Sucks that it's getting released later than the rest of the skins though.

DrxFlaskers

Notable (2)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }