Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Patch 4.14 Patch Notes (Mid Season, Part 2) - Bran's Thoughts

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » General Discussion » Patch 4.14 Patch Notes (Mid Season, Part 2) - Bran's Thoughts 19 posts - page 2 of 2
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by DucksRock » July 27, 2017 5:41am | Report
Gulfwulf wrote:

Are you sure you wrote one, Ducks? I can't find it anywhere...

https://www.smitefire.com/smite/blog/ducksrock/kuzenboness-vol-1-a-kuzenbo-rant
Hi!

I'm DucksRock, But you can call me Ducks.

Kuzenbo rights advocate, guide-making delayer and passionate pop music fan.

Kuzenbo guide coming soon.

DucksRock

Prominent (41)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Gulfwulf » July 27, 2017 6:26am | Report
That was serious?

Gulfwulf
<Guardian Master>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Esteemed (81)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Devampi » July 27, 2017 9:27am | Report
Stuke99 wrote:

Yes, Hi-Rez need to knock it off with over-bloating these new gods kits with a ridiculous amounts of hard crowd control. I don't care if she's a guardian, that is too much CC for a single god to reasonably have in their kit. The game has stopped being fun and every teamfight can be won by whoever can CC chain the longest and nuke the hardest which will be typically one-sided and ended in the first 10 minutes of the game.

Forget the time where a teamfight takes more than a few seconds or that a few number of gods on a team and a limited amount of CC making those fights even more of a challenge. Forget the time when you do get hit with CC you had the right amount of options to evade or survive after one CC attack. Forget the times where gods would either have no or very little CC in their kits and made the game more exciting to box or fight without the need to give up when you get caught in a lockdown and have the enemy spam VEL every time it happens.

Oh, and saying stupid pointless **** like "Git Gud" doesn't change the fact that the game is so reliant on CC and Burst to determine who will win the game that it's not even worth playing anymore. It doesn't matter if I have the same tools as these other players do because the **********ers at Hi-Rez don't know what they are doing and think that 2 hard CC is "Not enough hard CC" (Actual quote for Ajax from the 4.14 patch today), then there is no hope for the dev team anymore.

If this rant is a bit too rude and meaty for someone to read...

let's just say Purification Beads is pretty much smite it's "flash".

Devampi
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (105)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by DucksRock » July 27, 2017 10:15am | Report
Gulfwulf wrote:

That was serious?

no, the latter comment was also sarcastic.

but still, worship the Kuzengod.

Also, regarding the whole cc situation, I explained my view on it on Curse:

also, regarding the cc case; the only thing people could say about it is actually git gud because that's just how Smite's structured.

Because almost everything's a skillshot, Hi-Rez made sure to build the game around CC.
Is it a bad thing? well, no. at least not for me.

I'd rather have a lot of cc tools then what LoL has, which is those stupid targeted abilities and autos, and that's just so much more frusturating to me
especially when learning how to position probably and learning to predict enemy engages really, and I mean really helps with that.

what you're basically asking to do is restructure the entire game, and no, it won't make it more healthy. it will make it a lot more messy, and there's absolutely 0 reasons to change the core of a game when it is so incredibly popular, and there's bigger problems to fix that need to be fixed right now.

and I know what you're probably thinking. "what does the amount of CC have to do with the skillshots?"

well first of all cc is also pretty big in other mobas, but the thing is, as much as it seems cool to have the game completely rely on landing skillshots, it will also completely delete the ability to preform certain combos which the game is already built upon, for example Ullr's famous combo.

Setup IS crucial to landing skillshots btw, and CC is, if you want to admit it or not, another level of skill to the game. it's not an easy way to win a teamfight, it's a way to catch people out for making a positional mistake. whenever that mistake is engaging at the wrong time and getting caught out or positioning yourself improperly, you're gonna get punished.

Removing cc will, as much as you think it won't, make Smite a different game. also an easier one if they don't change legit everything, which probably won't happen. if you don't like the structure, maybe Smite isn't really a type of moba that you would like, but just so you know, other mobas will punish you for making positional mistakes as much as Smite does, just maybe not with cc, but as hard.

yeah those were outdated points, i just woke up and i didn't notice the flaws :p
Hi!

I'm DucksRock, But you can call me Ducks.

Kuzenbo rights advocate, guide-making delayer and passionate pop music fan.

Kuzenbo guide coming soon.

DucksRock

Prominent (41)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by xZeroStrike » July 27, 2017 10:24am | Report
I think they misspelled Artio's class.

It shouldn't be "Guardian" but "The one who makes you uninstall SMITE", and it'd be a completely separate class unique to her. High damage, she can annihilate a huge amount of protections with only her passive, she has a lot of CC and has 2 abilities that heals herself, and one of them even heals allies around her as well.

Yeah good job HR, because 4.13 just didn't cut it to making me want to delete the game, 4.14 will do just fine.

xZeroStrike
<Hunter Master>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Prominent (46)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Branmuffin17 » July 27, 2017 10:37am | Report
Hey, don't slam Artio's kit. They nerfed Bracer of Undoing so they HAD to make up the healing somewhere...

On the Freya front, I think my builds can work. I meant to make a video on it, and DID...but then realized my voice was too low, mic volume was set at 0, lol.

ANYway, I think they're going to make further adjustments to her and/or her items in Patch 4.15. She's got TOO much easy attack speed now...3 items in the 2050-2300 range with 20% or higher AS.

The base attack speed of 1.0 is a great adjustment. Her boosted damage for Pulse seems maybe high, at least for early game. I guess that's not too bad. Late game, the 10 extra damage isn't going to be as huge.

My personal opinion: Hastened Ring is probably okay, but could use a 10 power reduction. Demonic Grip probably needs to drop back down to 25% AS rather than 30%. Witchblade...probably okay, but maybe 100 gold more. Minor tweaks.
Branmuffin17
<Administrator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Exalted (395)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by xZeroStrike » July 27, 2017 10:40am | Report
Branmuffin17 wrote:
They nerfed Bracer of Undoing so they HAD to make up the healing somewhere...

There's plenty other gods with healing that they could've done that with. Terra, for example, and in some cases Hel though I'll admit hell is an iffy case when it comes to balancing that one.
Instead they decided to dump all the buffs that were needed all in the kit of one single god instead of spreading it or giving some love to the gods that could need it most definitely.

xZeroStrike
<Hunter Master>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Prominent (46)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Branmuffin17 » July 27, 2017 11:02am | Report
But she's NEW! NEEEEWWWWWW.

Honestly, she seems like she'll be fun. Brings me back to my Druid days in WoW. She does seem bloated just looking at the numbers.
Branmuffin17
<Administrator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Exalted (395)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by DV-8 » July 27, 2017 1:49pm | Report
To the complaints about all the crowd control, I bet HR will introduce Talisman of the Relentless in a later patch, with adjusted stats slightly different than what it had in the PTS.

Could be an interesting pick up vs. heavy cc teams.

DV-8
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Prominent (35)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }