Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Nu Wa Remake - Preliminary Patch Notes

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » General Discussion » Nu Wa Remake - Preliminary Patch Notes 50 posts - page 2 of 5
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Sasquatch180 » August 2, 2014 7:03pm | Report
The balancing team has once again made me question their qualifications.

Sasquatch180

Memorable (12)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Nex The Slayer » August 3, 2014 4:35am | Report
I'm actually exited for New Wa, her kit is pretty cool and seems to have a lot of synergy. Hope fully she doesn't turn out to be unbalanced and maybe she will actually function as a support.

Sue me.

Nex The Slayer

Prominent (37)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by dacoqrs » August 3, 2014 6:18am | Report
People, I think you guys don't understand that "kit synergy" doesn't HAVE to be a positive term.

I think, while a god should have synergy between abilities, it's also fun to have a god that has all sorts of different abilities that you have to try and work your OWN combos into.

For example, Tyr has synergy with Fearless into Power Cleave.

But the combo is so obvious that there's no fun in trying to discover what cool combos we could do. Instead, his initiate is just Lawbringer - Fearless - Power Cleave - Change Stance - Fearless - Power Cleave, every time.

So, I think it's perfectly okay to have a god who's kit doesn't act like a 4 piece jigsaw puzzle is fine. Because then it's actually a challenge to learn the how to play the god. While a 4 piece jigsaw puzzle is easy to do, or in the case of gods, easy to play, it isn't fun, exciting, or challenging.

This kit looks like it could have a lot of potential, actually, and I think people need to stop being so critical of it.
Thanks to Ferrum for making the sig pic! He's beast af people.
IGN: BestJanusNA
What I'm listening to right now: Derp -Bassjackers

dacoqrs

Prominent (40)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Nex The Slayer » August 3, 2014 7:05am | Report
^

Couldn't have said it better myself.

Nex The Slayer

Prominent (37)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Reverend Belial » August 3, 2014 10:39am | Report
This rework makes me cry... Nu Wa was my favorite mage, and her kit was (IMO) perfect as is... Why Hi-Rez why...
Chaac and Ah baby! Chaac and Ah...

Reverend Belial

Remarkable (8)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Mordo » August 3, 2014 11:44am | Report
got to say I have been trying to get over some melancholy, hate the new skin and voice (yet another British voice pack) but i like the new kit, i can imagine a lot more team fight presence, have fine tuned my item layout and it has at least worked in the 1v1.

Mordo

Remarkable (9)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Jordenito » August 3, 2014 12:13pm | Report
dacoqrs wrote:

People, I think you guys don't understand that "kit synergy" doesn't HAVE to be a positive term.

I think, while a god should have synergy between abilities, it's also fun to have a god that has all sorts of different abilities that you have to try and work your OWN combos into.

But the combo is so obvious that there's no fun in trying to discover what cool combos we could do. Instead, his initiate is just Lawbringer - Fearless - Power Cleave - Change Stance - Fearless - Power Cleave, every time.

So, I think it's perfectly okay to have a god who's kit doesn't act like a 4 piece jigsaw puzzle is fine. Because then it's actually a challenge to learn the how to play the god. While a 4 piece jigsaw puzzle is easy to do, or in the case of gods, easy to play, it isn't fun, exciting, or challenging.

This kit looks like it could have a lot of potential, actually, and I think people need to stop being so critical of it.

A kit doesn't have to be straight forward, but it should always have some synergy and relations between the abilities.

For example, take Hun Batz. His combos are basically infinite. Each of his abilities could be used for both follow up and initiation. All 4. And with his passive, his kit works wonderfully. Ability > AA > Ability > AA etc.

But with the case of Nu Wa, there is a lack of, well, logic in some aspects of her kit. The most present one being her passive. For a burst mage who relies on abilities for damage, to give a root-based passive that is applied via auto attacks is just illogical and misplaced, especially when she has no steroids or a fast swing chain. Her ultimate also feels a bit "boring", and her new Fog seems somewhat awkward. I haven't really played her / against her, but I can tell you for sure, that New Wa's passive is heavy shot's twin.

My Guides

If you want me to review your guide, or need help and tips, make sure to P.M me. I'll be happy to do so.

Jordenito
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (66)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by dacoqrs » August 3, 2014 1:52pm | Report
Jordenito wrote:

A kit doesn't have to be straight forward, but it should always have some synergy and relations between the abilities.

For example, take Hun Batz. His combos are basically infinite. Each of his abilities could be used for both follow up and initiation. All 4. And with his passive, his kit works wonderfully. Ability > AA > Ability > AA etc.

But with the case of Nu Wa, there is a lack of, well, logic in some aspects of her kit. The most present one being her passive. For a burst mage who relies on abilities for damage, to give a root-based passive that is applied via auto attacks is just illogical and misplaced, especially when she has no steroids or a fast swing chain. Her ultimate also feels a bit "boring", and her new Fog seems somewhat awkward. I haven't really played her / against her, but I can tell you for sure, that New Wa's passive is heavy shot's twin.

Yes, but I think there IS logic in Nu Wa's Passive... but they don't spoon feed it to you.

Obviously it's hard to talk about gameplay when she ISNT EVEN RELEASED YET, but, imagine a strategy where you cast Clay Soldiers, root your target with a basic, and then explode your minions with the metal shard. Something like that.

While Hun Batz's kit works perfectly, like I said earlier, it's not a fun challenge to "explore" the god. They basically TELL you what to do (Ability, auto attack, ability, auto attack).

With Nu Wa, it'll take a while to discover your own combos. However, I don't think we should scream bloody murder at Hi-Rez until she's actually, you know.. released?
Thanks to Ferrum for making the sig pic! He's beast af people.
IGN: BestJanusNA
What I'm listening to right now: Derp -Bassjackers

dacoqrs

Prominent (40)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » August 3, 2014 4:26pm | Report
dacoqrs wrote:

There's zero kit synergy at all, and that is never a good thing. And FYI, Tyr wasn't so bound by combos back when his Guard Stance actually did something. Combos do not equal synergy. Synergy does not equal combos.

Ashabel from Dawngate has a bunch of disjointed abilities and yet is a cool champ, balance-wise and gameplay-wise. But her kit still synergizes well, with a long range harass stance and a more tactical defensive stance, despite having no obvious "combo" at all.

What can Nu Wa do? The synergy with her Clay Soldiers and the rest of her kit is completely forced, by shoving in MR shred and the detonation mechanic. There isn't any real flow to her kit - her passive relies on autoattacks, yet she's no longer an autoattack based mage. Her Fog has changed to a slow moving skillshot that gives move speed - that forces you to walk forward predictably, this defeating the entire point of the stealth. Clay Soldiers now has crude synergy by shoving in MR, but still doesn't solve the problems of making her essentially have her own minion wave and their general uselessness in PvP, as well as removing bodyblocking potential. Her Shining Metal is just another waveclear skill except for the detonation mechanic, which would either be broken or useless depending on how her Clay Soldiers work, spawn time, projective speed, AoE, etc. And her ult has literally no synergy at all; it's literally just a Karthus ult slapped into her kit.

The old Nu Wa had obvious tower pushing synergy, but no brain dead combos. She relied on hitting things without chaining into a dozen CC effects first, and she actually synergized with basic attacks. She did have her problems, but she certainly had a smoother and more polished kit than this ****.

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » August 3, 2014 4:35pm | Report
dacoqrs wrote:

Yes, but I think there IS logic in Nu Wa's Passive... but they don't spoon feed it to you.

Obviously it's hard to talk about gameplay when she ISNT EVEN RELEASED YET, but, imagine a strategy where you cast Clay Soldiers, root your target with a basic, and then explode your minions with the metal shard. Something like that.

While Hun Batz's kit works perfectly, like I said earlier, it's not a fun challenge to "explore" the god. They basically TELL you what to do (Ability, auto attack, ability, auto attack).

With Nu Wa, it'll take a while to discover your own combos. However, I don't think we should scream bloody murder at Hi-Rez until she's actually, you know.. released?

...you do realize that it takes FIVE basics to trigger the passive, right? So you pretty much have to sit in lane, whacking minions with basics, and either lose the passive, or restrict yourself to only abilities until you get into a skirmish.

Not to mention her root is useless for initiation, considering how everyone has an escape. Not to mention trying to proc it multiple times in combat is worthless considering how she has no basic attack steroid.

There's zero "exploration" to be had here. What you see is what you get, and what you get is a ****ty passive pretending to be focused on autoattacks. Just look at her kit - you obviously need the stun to let you hit Fog. And to stun, you need to use Clay Soldiers. And to do that, you can't rely on basic attacks before or after you cast, because they'd just use an escape for the former, and you want to use Shining Metal ASAP for the latter.

And this isn't like Isis's kit, either. That one allows you a good measure of freedom in comboing. This one, you ALWAYS have to use Clay Soldiers + Metal Crystal, in that order. It's your only hard CC and it's predictable, stale, and boring. The fact that your ult is a Karthus ult means that lose a fourth ability in your possible combos, making it even more predictable.

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }