Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Looking for a good Pc

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » General Discussion » Looking for a good Pc 21 posts - page 2 of 3
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Zilby » September 22, 2016 1:58pm | Report
My budget was rather large :P
To be fair though, since my budget was justified on the grounds that I'm using my computer for game development my monitor's resolution is 1920x1080, which isn't super special.
Smite Account: Zilby__________Steam Account: Zilby
Blizzard: Zilby#11991_________Twitch: TheZilb

I am the most foul, cruel and bad tempered rodent you've ever set eyes upon!.. Oh, her? Yes, well... she's with me.

Feel free to PM me with any questions or comments. I can offer feedback on gameplay and BBcoding tips, as well as moderation help if needed.

Zilby
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (132)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by ZeusFede » September 22, 2016 2:30pm | Report
Ok , so i will go for a 1060 or 1070 either , to play with 2560*1440 res ... Mmmm an i5 should be fine , but my monitor is a AOC q2770pqu , the refresh rate is 60hz , is anything bad with this ? I mean , if i play in 80 fps , there will be sttutering and another things that make my experience bad ? Thanks
Psn id : ZeusFede

ZeusFede

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Zilby » September 22, 2016 2:32pm | Report
Nah you'll be fine. If you really want most games let you cap the fps at 60, but pushing it to 80 won't cause any problems. (Any frame rates beyond 60 fps are very hard to notice with the naked eye anyway).

I am the most foul, cruel and bad tempered rodent you've ever set eyes upon!.. Oh, her? Yes, well... she's with me.

Feel free to PM me with any questions or comments. I can offer feedback on gameplay and BBcoding tips, as well as moderation help if needed.

Zilby
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (132)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Branmuffin17 » September 22, 2016 2:35pm | Report
@Z #nevergoingbackto60hzfasterrefreshisamazingtrustmeokay
Branmuffin17
<Administrator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Exalted (395)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by ZeusFede » September 22, 2016 2:48pm | Report
LOL Braing , so i will be okay then with my monitor , 80 fps , all in high with a GTX 1070 and a I5 ...

ZeusFede

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Branmuffin17 » September 22, 2016 3:20pm | Report
Since you're limited by the monitor's refresh rate, 60 FPS is all you need. Of course, you want your PC to perform above this, to make sure you maintain 60 FPS under heavy graphic load.

I don't know how CPU intensive SMITE is...some games require more CPU than others. You might even get away with just a 1070 with no other upgrades. Hard to say.
Branmuffin17
<Administrator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Exalted (395)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Zilby » September 22, 2016 3:22pm | Report
Smite isn't super CPU intensive I don't think, open world games and the like tend to be, but smite everything is pretty static.

Zilby
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (132)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by ZeusFede » September 23, 2016 8:40am | Report
So if i go for the GTX 1070 sure , and i will try with this CPU and a new PSU , to see the result and see if needed to go for the Intel I5 too

ZeusFede

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Branmuffin17 » September 23, 2016 9:09am | Report
Remember no guarantees on performance... Hard to say exactly how it will perform.

Also, processors fit certain sockets... So if you upgrade your cpu, it has to be one that is compatible with your motherboard, otherwise you'll need to upgrade both at the same time.
Branmuffin17
<Administrator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Exalted (395)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Zilby » September 23, 2016 10:15am | Report
I definitely wouldn't recommend pairing an I3 processor with a gtx 1070, you have to have a minimum of an I5 otherwise I can guarantee it will bottleneck performance (obviously an I7 would be the ideal scenario but that's expensive I know).

Zilby
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (132)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }