Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Looking for a good Pc

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » General Discussion » Looking for a good Pc 21 posts - page 1 of 3
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by ZeusFede » September 22, 2016 8:27am | Report
Hi, i am playong Smite in Ps4 but i am very bad at aiming with the dualshock, so i think is a good idea to move to Pc... I read so many cases of FPS problems and drops, so my question is what rig to buy so i can play Smite at max settings and very decent FPS? Thanks
Psn id : ZeusFede

ZeusFede

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Zilby » September 22, 2016 9:39am | Report
Smite at max settings is rather hard to achieve, especially in resolutions of 2000+. What's your budget, and what do you already have (eg: monitor, keyboard, etc)?
Smite Account: Zilby__________Steam Account: Zilby
Blizzard: Zilby#11991_________Twitch: TheZilb

I am the most foul, cruel and bad tempered rodent you've ever set eyes upon!.. Oh, her? Yes, well... she's with me.

Feel free to PM me with any questions or comments. I can offer feedback on gameplay and BBcoding tips, as well as moderation help if needed.

Zilby
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (132)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Branmuffin17 » September 22, 2016 9:56am | Report
I don't remember what my current settings are, but they're on the high side, and I generally get 80-100 FPS (I have a 120 hz 1080p monitor). I've got mostly a 4 year old computer at this point, running a GTX 680, so depending on the resolution (as Zilby's indicated above), I think you'd be fine with a fairly average strength PC.

Assuming you're looking to purchase a pre-built PC, and not build it yourself?
Branmuffin17
<Administrator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Exalted (395)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by ZeusFede » September 22, 2016 10:33am | Report
Hi, i have a 27 inch 2640 resolution monitor, i have keyboard, mouse, etc. My current pc is Athlon x6 6300, 8gb DDR, SSD 128GB and Ati Radeon 5850

EDIT : My mystake , i have a AMD Radeon HD 6570 1024mb DDr 3

ZeusFede

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by ZeusFede » September 22, 2016 12:24pm | Report
Recently i play with my PC in 2560*1440 , all in high and anti-aliasing OFF , 30 fps MAX ... So sad

ZeusFede

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Branmuffin17 » September 22, 2016 12:25pm | Report
Not sure what your current motherboard supports, but I'm guessing you might want to replace your motherboard, processor, and video card.

With regard to the resolution, do you mean 2560 x 1440? I don't know the 2640 resolution. If you're talking about the model number, maybe it's this viewsonic? https://www.manualslib.com/manual/335618/Viewsonic-Vx2640w.html In which case it would be a 1920 x 1200 monitor.

Knowing exact resolution will be helpful, as it will determine exactly how powerful your PC will have to be.

At 1920 x 1200, for example, you could get by with a GTX 770 or 960/970 and be fine, I think. If your resolution is higher, like 2560 x 1440, would strongly suggest a GTX 1070 or 1080, but those are pretty pricey.

You can get a motherboard/processor combo, and I'd probably suggest a current or last-gen Intel i5.

*edit* ahhh okay, 2560 x 1440. Yeah, I'd stand by my suggestions of new motherboard/processor (i5 maybe) and a GTX 1070 or 1080 if you can afford it. Smite isn't horribly hungry compared to some other blockbuster games, so 1070 might do just fine.
Branmuffin17
<Administrator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Exalted (395)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by ZeusFede » September 22, 2016 12:32pm | Report
Wooow , the GTX 1070 is really expensive ... So if i have this monitor ( 2560 x 1440 ) but i play in a minor resolution , let says 1920 x 1200 , its worth it ? This monitor is very good i think , but a 1070 GTX is very expensive too ... BTW i dont know if is good to play in a resolution like 1920*1200 in this monitor , or i have to go for the 1070 GTX by the way ? Thanks again mate

ZeusFede

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Branmuffin17 » September 22, 2016 12:52pm | Report
Well, I'd say to test SMITE out at 1080p resolution, just to see how it performs in comparison to the higher res, and to see how it looks. You'd be playing at 1920 x 1080 (16:9), not 1920 x 1200 (16:10), by the way.

If you only plan to play SMITE and won't be using it for newer, more graphically hungry games, you could probably get away with just an upgraded video card. I'm only familiar with nVidia, not Radeon, so wouldn't know what to suggest for that brand of card...but if you could find a cheap GTX 970 or something, you should be fine, as long as the processor isn't limiting performance. That's my guess at least.
Branmuffin17
<Administrator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Exalted (395)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Zilby » September 22, 2016 1:43pm | Report
Honestly for smite high settings you could probably get away with just using a gtx 1060, which is a fair bit cheaper than the 1070, or as bran suggested an older 970 or 980.

There are sometimes performance benefits to playing in the default resolution of your monitor, so while swapping down from 2560 to 1980 will give some performance benefits, I wouldn't expect anything too drastic.

Some settings that WILL drastically increase frame rate is lowering your anti-aliasing settings, lowering shadows and lights (things like ambient occlusion) and finally if all else fails lowering texture settings (however this tends to be the most noticeable). You definitely want to be playing at 60+ fps for the game to feel smooth, so I would definitely recommend lowering until that is achieved at the very least.
Smite Account: Zilby__________Steam Account: Zilby
Blizzard: Zilby#11991_________Twitch: TheZilb

I am the most foul, cruel and bad tempered rodent you've ever set eyes upon!.. Oh, her? Yes, well... she's with me.

Feel free to PM me with any questions or comments. I can offer feedback on gameplay and BBcoding tips, as well as moderation help if needed.

Zilby
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (132)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Branmuffin17 » September 22, 2016 1:48pm | Report
Or you can YOLO like Zilby with a brand spanking new computer and play OverWatch instead of SMITE with me (!*)#^!&*).
Branmuffin17
<Administrator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Exalted (395)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }