Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Loki Remodel Prelim Patch Notes

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » General Discussion » Loki Remodel Prelim Patch Notes 20 posts - page 2 of 2
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Stuke99 » July 20, 2015 9:56pm | Report
I feel this situation is just a re-run of what me and green were fighting over when I did my idea of a Loki remodel. It's all part of the artist interpretation of what the character should look like to them, and I see a young man with the clothing of a royal jester hybrid with magical abilities because that's what Loki is. Loki has the venom drip stains on his face because of the snake they hung over his head during the murder of Baldr. Loki has appropriate cloting for a Norse god and the style that Smite's Art team gave them because, if you didn't know, THE NORDIC COUNTRIES ARE VERY ****ING COLD. So will we all stop *****ing about this and call it a day. Because no mater what you say, it's all part of the artist to decide what they should look like to reflect the personality and the traits of said character.

Stuke99
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (56)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » July 21, 2015 2:57am | Report

Do you think SMITE would be taken srsly if they had naked ladies running around everywhere ?

P.S.¹ : SMITE already soaks up more than enough cash. Xbox platform, a sh*t ton of chests and the Odyssey last year is already a big-*** example of it. They're just remaking Loki cuz the COMMUNITY asked for it.

P.S.²: About Medusa, they just put a mask in her face cuz it wouldn't be fun to be petrified everytime she looked at you. Besides, it's the point of the entire game : Having fun !

To finish this : New Loki is what SMITE was needing -> A new Loki with terrifying appareance, not only for it's weird eyeballs-mechanics.

1: No one takes the god designs of Smite seriously.

2: ...your logic is that because they already have cash, they have no reason to get more. Just...what? Greed is a thing that HiRez has.

You have a point. The smallest possible point. In that the sentiment expressed is noble.

3: You basically admitted that HiRez freely ignores lore to make things convenient for them.

4: No one is terrified of Loki. Or Bakasura. Or any of the cliched B-movie horror stereotypes that are the other "scary" gods.

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by dacoqrs » July 21, 2015 5:31am | Report
Personally, I'd much rather them ignore lore, and just make a character look really badass.

While I understand lore means a lot to Smite, more so than other MOBAs, it isn't practical to follow mythology to the letter. The lore shouldn't ever feel like a restraint.

I'm personally not a fan of the new Loki remodel, but who cares, I have Infiltrator.
Thanks to Ferrum for making the sig pic! He's beast af people.
IGN: BestJanusNA
What I'm listening to right now: Derp -Bassjackers

dacoqrs

Prominent (40)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Zilby » July 21, 2015 6:52am | Report
@sub, I don't get why you're so critical of the Loki remodel when that's something the community was asking for. Would you rather they ignore the fans? Also it's not like the skin and design team is taking resources from the balancing team by doing the remodel, they're separate
Smite Account: Zilby__________Steam Account: Zilby
Blizzard: Zilby#11991_________Twitch: TheZilb

I am the most foul, cruel and bad tempered rodent you've ever set eyes upon!.. Oh, her? Yes, well... she's with me.

Feel free to PM me with any questions or comments. I can offer feedback on gameplay and BBcoding tips, as well as moderation help if needed.

Zilby
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (132)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Reverend Belial » July 21, 2015 12:29pm | Report
dacoqrs wrote:

Personally, I'd much rather them ignore lore, and just make a character look really badass.

While I understand lore means a lot to Smite, more so than other MOBAs, it isn't practical to follow mythology to the letter. The lore shouldn't ever feel like a restraint.

I'm personally not a fan of the new Loki remodel, but who cares, I have Infiltrator.

Personally I feel the opposite. I think that if you're basing something off of a source material you should stick as close to that material as possible. If it's something that's impossible (like giving Ravana a hundred heads or whatever) or not fun (like complete invulnerability all the time) then sure cut it, but it should still be referenced and implemented in a fitting way (like if they had given Ravana a circle of heads or something, or invulnerable people getting a damage resist passive or something). They absolutely should not throw it out completely and just slap the name they chose on something entirely unrelated and pull abilities and appearances out of their ***.
Chaac and Ah baby! Chaac and Ah...

Reverend Belial

Remarkable (8)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by GeouZu » July 21, 2015 12:31pm | Report
There are people who like the new Loki, and there are people who don't like it, and that is quite normal. I personally prefer this model to the old one, because the last was really outdated, and straight up ugly. Although Sub has a point, I am not a huge marvel fan, but when I first saw the new loki, i thought about the one from marvel. Not saying that Hi-Rez just copied it to get cash, but still.

The new Sylv skin is also nice, time to grind some FP. And Golden Ah Puch looks badass :D

GeouZu

Memorable (12)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Zilby » July 21, 2015 3:06pm | Report
It requires so many fantasy points though QQ
Smite Account: Zilby__________Steam Account: Zilby
Blizzard: Zilby#11991_________Twitch: TheZilb

I am the most foul, cruel and bad tempered rodent you've ever set eyes upon!.. Oh, her? Yes, well... she's with me.

Feel free to PM me with any questions or comments. I can offer feedback on gameplay and BBcoding tips, as well as moderation help if needed.

Zilby
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (132)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by GeouZu » July 21, 2015 11:12pm | Report
Zilby wrote:

It requires so many fantasy points though QQ

That's true :( I will try nonetheless :D

GeouZu

Memorable (12)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Devampi » July 22, 2015 3:21am | Report

Personally I feel the opposite. I think that if you're basing something off of a source material you should stick as close to that material as possible. If it's something that's impossible (like giving Ravana a hundred heads or whatever) or not fun (like complete invulnerability all the time) then sure cut it, but it should still be referenced and implemented in a fitting way (like if they had given Ravana a circle of heads or something, or invulnerable people getting a damage resist passive or something). They absolutely should not throw it out completely and just slap the name they chose on something entirely unrelated and pull abilities and appearances out of their ***.

I do agree on this only design is a bit hard as well most gods are naked in paintings etc. (and Kali was pretty close on amount of clothing and then they got bashed by the hindu's)

Zilby wrote:

Also it's not like the skin and design team is taking resources from the balancing team by doing the remodel, they're separate

Uhm Zilby where does Sub mention this point because I can't find it.
The only thing close I can find is about calling a patch a full patch without balance updates
which isn't a full patch (this is a full patch what Hi-rez patch is more like a tweak patch)

Devampi
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (105)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Romanians » July 29, 2015 12:25pm | Report
I think he looks great minus removing whatever one may call those things he had on his back, I loved that about the old Loki. Also, i'm kind of inbetween the two voice actors, I love the new Loki's crazy laugh, but I seriously miss the old Loki VP.

Romanians

Established (17)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }