Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

I've never gotten a penta before

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » General Discussion » I've never gotten a penta before 28 posts - page 1 of 3
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by dacoqrs » January 1, 2014 2:00pm | Report
I was looking at some people's profiles (It's not creepy, okay? It's called being aggressively observant.) and most people I see with a penta.

Now granted, I haven't been playing that long, but I Have been level 30 for a long time now and I never got a penta.

How in the world do I see people with like 20 pentas?

Granted most people are conquest players, and I mainly play Arena, but shouldn't it be even easier in Arena?
Thanks to Ferrum for making the sig pic! He's beast af people.
IGN: BestJanusNA
What I'm listening to right now: Derp -Bassjackers

dacoqrs

Prominent (40)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by TormentedTurnip » January 1, 2014 2:06pm | Report
The people with 20 penta kills are most likely smurf accounts, as it's incredibly easy to achieve penta kills against brand new players. I'd argue that it's actually easier to get in Conquest because of snowballing, but the team is typically all together in Arena, so there's that. But just because you don't have pentakills doesn't mean you aren't playing well - I have, like, eight-hundred matches with Hel and only one pentakill on her. Or maybe it was two... Whatever.

TormentedTurnip
<Retired Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Esteemed (96)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by muas » January 1, 2014 2:16pm | Report
TT is right about the smurfs since i have like 3 or 4 pentas but most of them when playing with lower level friends. My brother on the other hand has a lot of pentas but they are in MOTD's meaning that they dont count, which means that you are not bad if you dont have penta's.
SMFG officer

muas

Notable (4)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » January 1, 2014 2:18pm | Report
I don't have a single penta, but I do have a lot of triple kills.

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by UnknownPandr » January 1, 2014 2:22pm | Report
I only got like one penta, but that was way back then so the game didn't count it. :c

UnknownPandr

Prominent (35)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Romanians » January 1, 2014 2:23pm | Report
I've played over 1000 Arena matches and I still got no penta so welcome to the club.

I got a few pentas in MOTD's but those were never shown in my profile.

Romanians

Established (17)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by SoapSuds » January 1, 2014 2:27pm | Report
Nothing wrong with that. I've only gotten one penta, but it was in Assault, and it was pretty much out of luck by being in the right place at the right time. Definitely wouldn't sweat it.
Comic Series Currently Reading:
  • Wonder Woman Vol 2
  • Green Lantern Vol 2
  • Infinity Gauntlet

SoapSuds

Prominent (43)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Raventhor » January 1, 2014 2:32pm | Report
I main arena and it's where I've gotten every penta save 1 - a bakasura assault penta.
Otherwise I have a bakasura hexakill, a Loki penta, a Neith Hexa, and a Chronos Penta (iirc, I think I'm at 5)
In arena, it's simply about getting fed, and NOT choosing a burst character - burst will get you a triple or quadra.

Gods with a lot of sustain damage - Bakasura, Neith, Chronos - when fed, will be able to rot each person in turn, not just a couple people faster. But You don't base your choice around pentakills, obviously, it's just that's who will end up getting them.
-Demolibium

Raventhor
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Eminent (158)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Deathsession » January 1, 2014 2:33pm | Report
Penta's rely heavily on the types of classes you play, and what mode. Also, your Level counts a lot. I got most of my Penta's pre-30.

If you made a new account, did only Arena, and played just assassins/carries. I'm sure you'd come out with several penta's by level 20.

Furthermore, luck plays a big role too:P and your teammates being nice and not snagging that last kill. Ugh.. So many times have I ben to quatra, beating on the last dude, then a random teammate runs up, uses 1 ability just to snag the kill XD.

Edit: Pretty much what Raventhor said too. Sustained dmg wins. I got 2 penta's from merc, 1 from Kali (pre-redo), and my first penta was with Poseidon.. Pretty much got lucky on that one and had a nice ult :P, then chased there tank and killed him with a wave.

Yesterday I got denied a penta in Arena with Merc. Was at end of the game, ran up behind there team. Killed there carries, ult'd and smacked down hades engaging on my team, then dash to Thor for that last kill, I swiped him 2 times, had about a 3rd health left. Then the game ends by minion kill! lol. I was upset :(. My team got a good laugh out of that.

Deathsession

Established (17)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Nervel » January 1, 2014 4:12pm | Report
I'm only level 15 with 5 penta kills, all in arena, it's all about playing smart, and playing a god that you can REALLY play. For instance, I've tried about 70% of the gods so far and I can play most to all of them fairly well except for Kali. There's something about Kali that just really clicks for me. All 5 of my penta kills are with Kali.

I've now got my own build for Kali and I use her every game no matter the team comp and I always get a good score and almost always carry my teams.

Nervel

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }