Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

I've never gotten a penta before

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » General Discussion » I've never gotten a penta before 28 posts - page 3 of 3
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Kriwych » January 2, 2014 2:32pm | Report
Nervel wrote:

I'm only level 15 with 5 penta kills, all in arena, it's all about playing smart, and playing a god that you can REALLY play. For instance, I've tried about 70% of the gods so far and I can play most to all of them fairly well except for Kali. There's something about Kali that just really clicks for me. All 5 of my penta kills are with Kali.

I've now got my own build for Kali and I use her every game no matter the team comp and I always get a good score and almost always carry my teams.

14 Gods played, that is about 25% of the total available Gods. Sure ICEN rants and goes off, but I'm pretty sure he'd mop the floor with you.

https://account.hirezstudios.com/smitegame/stats.aspx

^ useful tool before you make yourself look bad and call someone else a nub.

Kriwych

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Nervel » January 2, 2014 2:41pm | Report
Kriwych wrote:

14 Gods played, that is about 25% of the total available Gods. Sure ICEN rants and goes off, but I'm pretty sure he'd mop the floor with you.

https://account.hirezstudios.com/smitegame/stats.aspx

^ useful tool before you make yourself look bad and call someone else a nub.

Thanks for proving my point, I just downloaded this game about a week ago, and I've only played about 25% of the gods so far, yet I've already surpassed him in game knowledge. A moderate level of brainpower prevails, yet again.

Nervel

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Raventhor » January 2, 2014 2:43pm | Report
He's referring to your claim to have played 70% of the gods, a false statement, and ICEN's actually pretty knowledgeable. Icen is saying you almost never 1v5, so you getting a penta just means you got all the kills - not that you alone worked for them.

Pentas are a team effort, in a simple way to phrase it.
-Demolibium

Raventhor
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Eminent (158)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Nervel » January 2, 2014 2:51pm | Report
Raventhor wrote:

He's referring to your claim to have played 70% of the gods, a false statement, and ICEN's actually pretty knowledgeable. Icen is saying you almost never 1v5, so you getting a penta just means you got all the kills - not that you alone worked for them.

Pentas are a team effort, in a simple way to phrase it.

I understand I've only played for a week, but do you REALLY think this is my only Smite account? And out of the 6 penta kills I have, maybe, AT MOST, 4 of those kills could be classified as a "Kill steal d move". Saying that someone doesn't work for a penta kill is only going to point out your inability to use teamwork to wipe out an enemy team. So even if someone didn't "work" for a penta kill, it means that there was a major team effort to wipe out a whole team in rapid succession, and 1 person just happened to get all 5 of those kills, which still should be commended.

Nervel

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by HolyPudding » January 3, 2014 2:32am | Report
I've been playing since january, and I'm in the same boat as you. I mean, I've gotten quadras (5 of them), over 6600 kills yet not one single penta.
"We are none but friends

All born to the same forum

Why not live in peace?"

HolyPudding

Established (19)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Kriwych » January 3, 2014 4:44am | Report
Nervel wrote:

I understand I've only played for a week, but do you REALLY think this is my only Smite account? And out of the 6 penta kills I have, maybe, AT MOST, 4 of those kills could be classified as a "Kill steal d move". Saying that someone doesn't work for a penta kill is only going to point out your inability to use teamwork to wipe out an enemy team. So even if someone didn't "work" for a penta kill, it means that there was a major team effort to wipe out a whole team in rapid succession, and 1 person just happened to get all 5 of those kills, which still should be commended.

It was certainly taken that way. I do believe someone mentioned it was easier on smurf accounts, I could be wrong though. So how many sub level 30 accounts do you have then? You claimed you'd play against level 30 players all the time if you could. If you're on a smurf account, then bravo.

Why don't you see if you can out hopscotch a quadriplegic next time.

Kriwych

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Thiel » January 3, 2014 5:02am | Report
Nervel wrote:

I'm only level 15 with 5 penta kills, all in arena, it's all about playing smart, and playing a god that you can REALLY play. For instance, I've tried about 70% of the gods so far and I can play most to all of them fairly well except for Kali.
-snip

Nervel wrote:

Thanks for proving my point, I just downloaded this game about a week ago, and I've only played about 25% of the gods so far, yet I've already surpassed him in game knowledge. A moderate level of brainpower prevails, yet again.

Raventhor wrote:

He's referring to your claim to have played 70% of the gods, a false statement.
-snip-

Nervel wrote:

I understand I've only played for a week, but do you REALLY think this is my only Smite account?
-snip-

@Nervel
You're contradicting yourself. First you claim that you've played 70% of the gods, we then bust you for only playing 25% of the gods. You empower this claim by saying how you are already so darn good with only 25% of the gods player. However, after your false claim being point out you continue to say that you have multiple accounts, therefore played more than 25% of the gods. Your logic is flawed.
You're clearly just trying to boast for whatever reason, well, whatever it is, you're in too deep now, so I'll expect another illogical claim. But before you do, read this: Clicky

ICEN is and has been a level 30 for ages, and quite honestly, he would mop the floor with most people around. In addittion, my level 30 has been level 30 before the whole registration thing. At level 30 you barely get Penta's. If you do, it's a team effort. There's no scenario in which one player can kill 5 other players unless these are bots or skilfully comparable.

On topic:
It's really hard to get a Penta kill when you're in the later levels. If you really want them, I reccommend a strong AoE hitter like Poseidon or He Bo and hope for fortunate grouping. Throwing in Ares can aid in this, but will most likely be countered.

If you are a low level, Arena and Domination are best for getting Penta's, specifically Domination because the distance from open area to a hard hitting tower is quite big. In Conquest the map is quite big and there's a huge chance a tower will keep you from getting a penta. Arena is argueably the easiest because of obvious reasons. However you still need to get lucky with team composition aswell as incompetency of the opposing team.
That's just my 2 cents.

Oy! Give me some privacy.

Thiel

Memorable (12)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Dark Jaw » January 3, 2014 6:43am | Report
Sir, you don't need to worry yourself about getting pentas. Of course, they're an award, and people feel proud of getting them. I hate smurfs by the fact they're abusing of weaker players to get good scores, and feel better. A true player would play with people of their level, challenge theirselves.

Now, back to the topic about Pentas. I only got my penta with an OP god( Release Zhong Kui), therefore it was easy. But they just happen time to time. In my opinion, Arena is the best place to get Pentas. Also, get friends and try to use Wombo-Combos with them. It usually work out A LOT.

Dark Jaw

Prominent (44)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }