Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Is Arachne Overpowered?

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » General Discussion » Is Arachne Overpowered? 23 posts - page 3 of 3
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Nex The Slayer » December 16, 2013 1:42am | Report
I'm surprised Sunfall hasn't made a comment get, I guess I have to step in.

The reason Arachnes ult goes through walls is because before it did, see was close to useless. She was pretty much only good for pubstomping or against people who don't know how she works, even then she was pretty much useless late game (The only way to be a good Arachne player was to get the enemy team to surrender early).

She needed a buff, but I think Hi-rez did it the wrong way. After some more buffs and nerfs she became the new Chang'e, AKA broken beyond repair. You can argue all day if she is UP/OP, but you will never come to an answer. She can do a lot of things that no other god can do in the game (force her opponent through a wall, 5 wards, completely prevent you from doing jack @#$&! for like 5 seconds), but she can't do things that all other assassins can do: Ever assassin can be of at least SOME use in a team fight (outside of janitor duty) and are power houses late game.

Its a shame that they hade to break her, she was one of the most unique assassin in the game. There is only one thing they can do to fix her:

Rework

Nex The Slayer

Prominent (37)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by loopyman » December 16, 2013 2:12am | Report
she used to be half decent in teamfights when her web could cripple people

loopyman

Remarkable (6)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Sunfall » December 16, 2013 2:15am | Report
And thus, Nex spoke thy devil's name...

Truth is, most of what can be said in regards to Arachne, has already been said. Namely, she is only strong in the solo queue environment where coordination is often lacking. The spider preys upon that lack of organization, and gets fed off of it. Organized teams know that Arachne has some glaring weaknesses, her biggest one being the lack of an escape move. She can only fight her way out of situations, and granted, while she is a strong early-game fighter, she stands no chance against any more than one god if they don't allow her to set up Broodlings. Weakening Curse also exists too, completely killing her ability to turn around duels with Drain Life (as well as slowing her down immensely).

Yes, Cocoon is stupidly good now ever since they widened its hitbox and made it go through walls, but it was a needed change because it was such a ****shoot skill: even if you did manage to land it before, you were more likely to pull a guardian or warrior as opposed to the mage or hunter that you should be killing. She wasn't able to perform the assassin's role of killing the squishies lategame because she just couldn't get to them.

What a lot of people also tend to forget is that Arachne has a poor lategame. Every skill but her Cocoon becomes weak at that point, and while she does have scary-strong damage output if she manages to get near someone, she lacks the durability and mobility to consistently pull it off. Her whole purpose is to demoralize the enemy team into early surrender so the lategame doesn't happen. If the lategame does happen, she's at a disadvantage for the aforementioned reasons. Even a fed Arachne will find herself falling off if that Anhur on the other team manages to get most of his items built up.

Mobility keeps other assassins from falling off so hard. Loki is an expert at hit and run. Mercury is stupidly fast and hits for insane damage lategame. And then there's Fenrir...

Finally, I should note that Blessing of the Magi is a strong counter to her ultimate. If you have it, you have nothing to fear from random pulls so long as that bubble protects you (though it can still hurt you).
Waiting on a good new MOBA, please.

Sunfall
<Veteran>

Prominent (29)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }