Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Is Arachne Overpowered?

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » General Discussion » Is Arachne Overpowered? 23 posts - page 2 of 3
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by ICEN » December 14, 2013 10:42pm | Report
I won't say everything is op but I used to think her little tick **** damage was insane.. if she hits you a few times with her basic attacks your basically ****ed, it does so much damage then she just squadala's on your face with her heal.

I'd say only op up close but thats the thing if you can counter it then its not op but than again if shes in range its op so it depends on if you can kick the *** or not

ICEN

Prominent (41)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Ghraf » December 14, 2013 11:03pm | Report
Subzero008 wrote:

Yeah, and technically Ra shouldn't float because of a little thing called "gravity." Make Ra stand on the Ground Like a Normal God!

You understand that collision is a game mechanic, not (only) physics? The only reason there are walls there to begin with is to block people, cause LOS, and force you to go around them. She breaks the mechanics of the game just so her ult can be useful. If they have to go that far, she needs a new ult or a rework.

Ghraf

Memorable (13)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Raventhor » December 14, 2013 11:07pm | Report
@Ghraf I understand what you mean. It didn't used to go through walls, and hell, Ne Zha can't armillary sash to someone, nor does herc's ability send you through it (You DO get knocked up, but you still hit the wall). I don't like it, and while it's breaking game mechanics, even on a basic level, it doesn't make sense
-Demolibium

Raventhor
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Eminent (158)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by HollowsEdge » December 14, 2013 11:33pm | Report
its ok apparently according to the erez spoils arachne is getting her hatch-lings nerfed to increase the number of spiders or sacs (not sure which 1) per level from 1 to 5!

Source: http://www.reddit.com/r/Smite/comments/1svmk9/erez_spoils_dec_14/

HollowsEdge

Remarkable (5)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Ghraf » December 15, 2013 1:11am | Report
Raventhor wrote:

@Ghraf I understand what you mean. It didn't used to go through walls, and hell, Ne Zha can't armillary sash to someone, nor does herc's ability send you through it (You DO get knocked up, but you still hit the wall). I don't like it, and while it's breaking game mechanics, even on a basic level, it doesn't make sense

Exactly. It's something no other god can do and can't really be countered in any way. The mechanics of the game have no restraint on it, other than the range of it. It's a broken skill.

Other gods have offensive skills, like Anhur's leap, Thor's 1, Hades's 1, etc, that can be used as escapes and things, that are somewhat debatable for mechanics, except they only move your god. So, you can't straight up pull someone else through cover to you, like Arachne does. She can basically sit out of all danger completely while a teamfight is going on and then nab one person through a wall without ever exposing herself to danger. A little messed up. Every skill should at least have a little inherent danger to use, you have to expose yourself to the enemy to hit them. Even Loki's invisibility requires him to at least be within melee range of the enemy before he can actually do anything, and he can be hit while invisible anyways. Arachne has all of the damage with none of the risk.

Ghraf

Memorable (13)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by SuperTibzz » December 15, 2013 1:32am | Report
Oh come on, there's tons of abilities that you could make the same argument for. Ranged nuke ults like Ao Kuang and Ra, Agni meteors, etc. You can shoot plenty of skillshots through walls and something like an Ao ult can screw someone just as easily as Cocoon. The reason these gods don't cower behind walls waiting to throw junk over them is cause they actually have other useful things to be doing in team fights. The fact that Arachne doesn't is a good comment on her lategame use.

SuperTibzz

Notable (1)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Ghraf » December 15, 2013 1:40am | Report
SuperTibzz wrote:

Oh come on, there's tons of abilities that you could make the same argument for. Ranged nuke ults like Ao Kuang and Ra, Agni meteors, etc. You can shoot plenty of skillshots through walls and something like an Ao ult can screw someone just as easily as Cocoon. The reason these gods don't cower behind walls waiting to throw junk over them is cause they actually have other useful things to be doing in team fights. The fact that Arachne doesn't is a good comment on her lategame use.

It's got nothing to do with being able to hit people through walls. It's because you can pull someone through a wall away from others and out of cover.

And yes, she's in desperate need of a rework considering her only useful ability is something that defies the mechanics of the game.

Ghraf

Memorable (13)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Shavul » December 15, 2013 11:57am | Report
"Hirezerez: teleport new option to go to friends"

What. This is super broken.

Shavul

Remarkable (7)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Dark Jaw » December 15, 2013 12:04pm | Report
Shavul wrote:

"Hirezerez: teleport new option to go to friends"

What. This is super broken.

... And what does this have to do with Arachne?

By the way, if they do that, Athena's Ultimate will become UP.

Dark Jaw

Prominent (44)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Shavul » December 15, 2013 12:28pm | Report
Ah, I just saw the spoiler thing in this thread and posted it here without looking. Sorry 'bout that.

I don't find Arachne that good anyway... BUT if you can sneak up from behinf in teamfights you can take out a target without a problem, helping your team that way.

Shavul

Remarkable (7)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }