Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

I suck at Siege

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » General Discussion » I suck at Siege 6 posts - page 1 of 1
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Branmuffin17 » October 25, 2015 12:46am | Report
So I grouped up with Prism & Wolf, and realized that I just really suck at Siege. My strength (if it is a strength) is in Assault and Arena. I guess, if I eventually move into Conquest, Siege is a good step, but man, I just don't know how to build well in those situations. Problem is unfamiliarity with starter items, stacking items, and builds for those modes.

I mean, I know things like Death's Toll and Bluestone Pendant have their uses, but in Siege, is that the best way to start? Should I consider it pretty much like Conquest?
Branmuffin17
<Administrator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Exalted (395)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Zilby » October 25, 2015 1:04am | Report
Siege is like conquest but a bit wonky.

Early game gods do really well because of your 2000 starting gold and because an early lead snowballs REALLY hard in that mode. At the same time, late game gods (at least those that scale with items) tend to do well as well because of the increased gold rate, assuming you can get to late game. Generally gods that are more independent do well in that mode, but really any god that can pair well in the duo lane can go nuts (eg: Aphrodite + Kali is killer, but so is Bakasura since he's independent). Gods that really need a whole team to do well (eg: Kukulkan) tend to struggle to make due in a team of 4. Generally gods with no escapes like Anubis, Artemis and Sylvanus struggle without a team of 5 late game to keep enemies off their backs (which is why it can be fun to go as Kali, Osiris or Bakasura since most teams lack peel and have at least one god with no escapes, giving you easy kills).

Aside from team comp though, items are pretty much the same as conquest, but generally with more counterbuilding. Since there's only 4 enemies, you can counter build much harder. Take this into account when grabbing items and actives. Stacking items tend to be good since the laning phase is forever, starter items can be nice but are optional (is it worth wasting 300g? or should you just grab full boots, beads and some pots and head to lane?).

That's all I can think of for now. Siege is pretty fun, I'd recommend it if you're looking for something different to mix things up. Since I've gotten lazy playing conquest I've been mostly playing it and assault as of late. Best thing I think about siege is that you can pretty much play whichever god you want since there are no roles to call, and carry super hard if you're capable (most recently carried hard with Bastet and Bakasura nabbing 16+ kills and over 6k player damage both matches, in the bastet match, the rest of my team's average kda was about 1/2. At the end one of my teammate's commented that I was like Atlas, carrying the whole world on my back XD). Have fun out there bran :]
Smite Account: Zilby__________Steam Account: Zilby
Blizzard: Zilby#11991_________Twitch: TheZilb

I am the most foul, cruel and bad tempered rodent you've ever set eyes upon!.. Oh, her? Yes, well... she's with me.

Feel free to PM me with any questions or comments. I can offer feedback on gameplay and BBcoding tips, as well as moderation help if needed.

Zilby
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (132)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by ThePerfectPrism » October 25, 2015 8:35am | Report
Using items in siege is really dependent.

If you're a character that does a lot of physical damage ( Bellona. Sun Wukong ) it's worth getting Bluestone Pendant, since it gives you DoT on every damaging ability you land on the enemy.

Normally, when I'm playing magical, I tend not to buy starter items, since they suck in siege. The only starter item that is REALLY good is Bluestone Pendant.

Problem is that Non-sense team combinations win easily in siege. You just need to out-burst the enemy team, so having a assassin in the place of a guardian can help with that...

Also, after you left, me and wolf queued MOTD and we won. I went 10-0-20 as Aphrodite ( DON'T ASK ME WHY THE GAME GAVE ME MY TEN ! )
Signature by Stuke99, check out his Website Portfolio and his SmiteFire Profile!

ThePerfectPrism
<Mage Master>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (56)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Branmuffin17 » October 25, 2015 12:06pm | Report
Geesh, Prism, there are nicer ways to say I was dragging you guys down...give me another chance? Or just play Arena/Assault with me =)

Got it. Zilby, I think maybe Bastet or Bellona might be good ways to go for me. Makes a lot of sense. I remember doing well with Ao Kuang a while ago too. How is Loki in that mode?
Branmuffin17
<Administrator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Exalted (395)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by ThePerfectPrism » October 25, 2015 12:36pm | Report
Branmuffin17 wrote:

Geesh, Prism, there are nicer ways to say I was dragging you guys down...give me another chance? Or just play Arena/Assault with me =)

Got it. Zilby, I think maybe Bastet or Bellona might be good ways to go for me. Makes a lot of sense. I remember doing well with Ao Kuang a while ago too. How is Loki in that mode?

Ok-ish. If you get a lead, a monster. Behind, a DCed teammate.

U were not dragging us down mate ! It's just .... the game gave me my best god and gave Wolfman Mercury... it was inevitable. Score : 50-11
Signature by Stuke99, check out his Website Portfolio and his SmiteFire Profile!

ThePerfectPrism
<Mage Master>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (56)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Devampi » October 25, 2015 1:09pm | Report
I don't really agree you can pick anyone. As a team composition of 2 magical 2 physical does run pretty good or your going to get counter builded pretty easily. so there is a but to that statement.

Devampi
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (105)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }