Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

how does penetration work in Smite?

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » General Discussion » how does penetration work in Smite? 24 posts - page 3 of 3
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Nex The Slayer » January 31, 2014 2:38am | Report
Subzero008 wrote:

The only gods who I will even consider using The Executioner on are Apollo and Artemis, and literally no one else.

The Executioner is great on Cupid too.

Nex The Slayer

Prominent (37)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Creationism » January 31, 2014 9:02am | Report
Thanks for all the responses guys. However, I'm not a math guy, so let me pose it in simple questions.

By building Bulwark of Hope, I gain a 60% reduction in magic damage, or magic damage just does a flat 60 damage less than me? If an Ao Kuang, has shoes of the Magi, he will do 15 more damage, or 15% more damage to me?

If he also has obsidian shard, does he do 33% penetration before or after Shoes of the Magi apply? So my 60 protections will be tank down to 40, then 25? or will it go down to 45, then 30?

Creationism

Notable (4)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Jordenito » January 31, 2014 9:24am | Report
The Executioner is also great for Bakasura, but only late game. Early game the true damage from Butcher Blades combined with Fatalis is enough.

My Guides

If you want me to review your guide, or need help and tips, make sure to P.M me. I'll be happy to do so.

Jordenito
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (66)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by BestMinionEver » January 31, 2014 1:12pm | Report
Creationism wrote:

Thanks for all the responses guys. However, I'm not a math guy, so let me pose it in simple questions.

By building Bulwark of Hope, I gain a 60% reduction in magic damage, or magic damage just does a flat 60 damage less than me? If an Ao Kuang, has shoes of the Magi, he will do 15 more damage, or 15% more damage to me?

If he also has obsidian shard, does he do 33% penetration before or after Shoes of the Magi apply? So my 60 protections will be tank down to 40, then 25? or will it go down to 45, then 30?

Lets say he deals 100 damage (easy number to use) and you got 60 magical protections.

The damage you are going to take is:
Original damage*100/(100+amount of protection-amount of penetration)(- Mark of the Vanguard) = damage after protection mitigation.

100*100/(100+60-0)=62,5 (as far as my math skills go).

with 15 penetration the damage will be:
100*100/(100+60-15)=69,0

with 15 penetration and 33% penetration:
first the 33% of 60 is 19,8 (60*0,33=19,8).
100*100/(100+60-15-19,8)=79,9
IGN: Marki

Jungle & Support main.

Casually tryharding ranked now and again.

Make fun of my bad plays on Twitch ;)
Is only pixels, why you haf to be mad?

BestMinionEver
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (69)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }