Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Fixing Ares

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » General Discussion » Fixing Ares 20 posts - page 2 of 2
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by RazeMage » November 24, 2013 6:11am | Report
I think i have a suggestion for ares

Passive : It is pretty weird for a tank. I have 2 suggestions :
Blessed Presence : Each aura item increase all ally around physical power by 10 and magical power by 20. This is very powerful. It's like giving one extra item to an ally. It might be too strong, so i have another option
Aggressive Power : Each time Ares uses a skill, he gain a stack of Aggressive. Each stack increased the amount of CC and buff by 1%. Maximum 20 stacks. Half stacks are lost on death

1 : The CC is too soft and the damage is weird. My suggestion is :
Shackles : Reduce the damage to 20/35/50/65/80. BUT, if an enemy is hit with 2 chains, they are rooted at the end for 1s. AND if an enemy is hit with 3 chains, the damage is instantly received and the enemy is stunned for 2s. Additionally, if all chains hit, the cooldown is reduced by 2s.

2. This is good enough honestly. No change

3 : Because of this, Ares' has no pushing ability. This is my suggestion :
Army of Death : Ares summons a wave of army in a big line dealing 70/130/190/250/310 (+60% AP) and silencing the enemies for 1.2/1.4/1.6/1.8/2s.

4 : All in all a bit weak, here's my suggestion.
Longer the amount of channeling to 3s, but Ares could pull them anytime. BUT, the area he pulled them to is according to how long he chanelled. The longer, the closer they got. If it is not fully charged, the enemies are only stunned for 0.1/0.2/0.3/0.4/0.5s and receive lower damage according to time it was pulled. Additionally, the stun leveled up to 0.5/0.75/1/1.25/1.5s and no increase in stun for how many enemies are shackled

RazeMage
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (58)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Firraria » November 24, 2013 8:26am | Report
I always thought it would be cool if when Ares chains somebody, they can't break the chain by walking away. Instead, if they reach the max distance, they just can't move away from Ares anymore.. And if Ares pulls back, the enemy will be pulled with him. This would work if they decreased the max length of the chains a little, and it would give him some really nice potential.

Firraria
<Skullcracker>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (58)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » November 24, 2013 11:02pm | Report
LeBlanc idea sounds good.

RM, I think your passives are a bit too strong. Late game Ares will grant 40-50 physical power and 80-100 magical power to all allies, and potentially your entire team. I like your Army of Death idea, especially if it's a delayed hit and looks like Athena's Shield Wall. Symbolism FTW.

Thresh Idea could be a bit OP, since Thresh only pulls on the chains every few seconds and it pulls them a short distance.

Maybe have his two increase movement speed. Now he has an actual escape, and a speed buff is a great way to support. It could be his niche.

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Sirsir94 » November 25, 2013 5:44am | Report
Zanestorm wrote:

He's a tank not a pusher. He is excellent at his role and fantastic for harassing players... He's weak in lane because he is a tank. That is what a tank is meant to be [exception, Vulcan.]

True he is not a pusher howeever most tanks have fairly decent waveclear. Ymir has is Glacial Strike, Athena has her Shield Wall/ Reach combo, Sobek has his Tail Whip/ Sickening Strike, Bacchus has his Belly Flop, and Hades has... well, his kit. Not all of them clear the wave completely but most bring them down 90% in about a second. It takes Ares 4 seconds to cut a minion wave in half.

Since his biggest problem is his lack of hard CC on a tank, I think so far either the Leblanc idea or Raze's chain suggestion sounds the best. Personally I just build him like a mage. It surprises my enemies when they see 3/4 their health melt away from one Searing Flesh/ Shackles combo. ^-^
PENTAS: Loki
Quadras: Cupid, Artemis, Loki, Ah Muzen Cab

Sirsir94

Remarkable (6)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Creationism » November 28, 2013 12:35am | Report
Ares is a great tank! It takes exactly one item to make him incredible. Breastplate of valor. His 68 second ult will get you every other time! Ares is a combo god though. He is good when you have two tanks on the team. Usually a Hades, Ymir, or other really heavy CC god. Ares will waste their beads like mad.

If you really want him to do damage, grab a void stone for 90 magical power, Pestilence for an additional 40, plus ruining their healing. Sovereignty gives you your 3rd aura item, Hide of leviathan to max your crowd control reduction, and Rod of Tahuti as your final gives you a grand total of: 369 power. Magical bruiser with the protections of a tank.

And besides, with the new basic attack formula for your magical power, your sword will now swing like a champion.

If you want to play ballsy, lose Hide for Pythagorem's Piece. It gives you an additional 130 magical power (which will skyrocket your total with Rod) and 25% lifesteal, since the aura affects you too, in case you didn't know.

Creationism

Notable (4)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by MadDanny » November 28, 2013 1:12am | Report
I just don't like his 3. Almost all tanks have a skill with instant big damage. Ares is just Meh with a Capital M.

They added in his lore that he rides fire breathing horses on a chariot and yet they never even put it in the game. I feel like that should be his ultimate. Make it so that everyone gets damaged and knocked back when in the way. And if he shackles someone, or even the max with 3 people shackled all at once. He drags them along with his chariot while doing damage on them. It matches with his lore, blood thirsty and sadistic God.
This is my signature. It is full of vowels and consonants.
In-game name: MadDany

Owner of: SmiteFireGaming clan. Open for our SmiteFire community members
Pm or look for our thread(I'd prefer if you'd go to our threadsince I don't online that often.)
A.K.A.The Mad Priest

MadDanny

Prominent (34)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by All4Games » November 28, 2013 1:49am | Report
Make 3 shackels root but only slow with 2 chains and remove the movment gain, let his 3 do more damage to minions and give him a guan yu, minion knock back from his 3.

He now has peel, wave clear though it is easier to dodge his chains now. Maybe reduce it's damage a bit if it's to OP.
never forget dawngate and never forgive EA. Freia will hunt them for eternity.

All4Games

Distinguished (54)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Creationism » November 29, 2013 5:51pm | Report
All4Games wrote:

Make 3 shackels root but only slow with 2 chains and remove the movment gain, let his 3 do more damage to minions and give him a guan yu, minion knock back from his 3.

He now has peel, wave clear though it is easier to dodge his chains now. Maybe reduce it's damage a bit if it's to OP.

I like this change!

Creationism

Notable (4)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by dacoqrs » November 30, 2013 9:38am | Report
Silv3rX wrote:

What you are saying is ******** and probably applies to Arena, but definitly not to conquest. You said yourself that you do not play much of conquest.. Means that you do not play much of a Moba. And Ares definitly lacks the ability of being a decent tank in Moba terms.

MOBA= Multiplayer Online Battle Arena
Thanks to Ferrum for making the sig pic! He's beast af people.
IGN: BestJanusNA
What I'm listening to right now: Derp -Bassjackers

dacoqrs

Prominent (40)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Dark Jaw » November 30, 2013 9:45am | Report
dacoqrs wrote:

MOBA= Multiplayer Online Battle Arena

The point Silv3rX is making is, the game is balanced around Conquest, the main game mode of Smite, as well as the main( and sometimes the only) game mode of the other MOBAs( LoL, Dota, HoN, and a few others).

Dark Jaw

Prominent (44)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }