Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Dem ELO hell.

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » General Discussion » Dem ELO hell. 14 posts - page 1 of 2
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by ShinjiEvangelio » December 11, 2013 6:22am | Report
I just started to play league. I've heard a lot that players in league knows what they do and so on. After a few games I can say its only slightly better than casual conquest (in bronze ofc).

Most people don't know anything about wards, they're making strange picks, they ban strange gods. And the worst thing - communication in lobby. It really sucks! It's really frustrating especially after hearing that league is so great. Main good thing about this is that there are less trolls than in casual.

ShinjiEvangelio

Notable (1)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Thiel » December 11, 2013 6:47am | Report
Bronze league is no different from casual games. You might realise it's usually the blatantly ignorant people that suck and lack communication. Any well communicated and intelligent fella will admit he plays poorly, either opnely or only to himself, he will stick to casual until he knows he's good enough.

Bronze league is no different from casual because the ignorant baddies will venture both sides, probably on whatever time queue is lowest. They don't really realise they suck and/or they don't blame themselves. So they go bronze, but are unlikely to make it into silver.

So just fight your way trough it, and pray that you get good teammates.

Silver will be better.
That's just my 2 cents.

Oy! Give me some privacy.

Thiel

Memorable (12)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » December 11, 2013 7:02am | Report
This may not be related, but even Silver 1 in LoL has its fair share of trolls and bad players. Since Smite has an even smaller playerbase, and Platinum is completely empty, you will probably have bad matches for a while.

Or in other words: There is no hope for you, mortal. All will burn in Elo hell.

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by BestMinionEver » December 11, 2013 7:14am | Report
What to do when you are in "elo hel":

Go jungle and pick Fenrir, Arachne or Mercury and carry games, get elo and get queued with higher elo players :)

Edit: You are always more likely to get a team that is better than the opposite team, because you only get 4 random scrubs and the enemy got 5 random scrubs :P
IGN: Marki

Jungle & Support main.

Casually tryharding ranked now and again.

Make fun of my bad plays on Twitch ;)
Is only pixels, why you haf to be mad?

BestMinionEver
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (69)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Thiel » December 11, 2013 7:15am | Report

What to do when you are in "elo hel":

Go jungle and pick Fenrir, Arachne or Mercury and carry games, get elo and get queued with higher elo players :)

When in elo hell you don't pick gods, insta-lockers pick gods for you.
or eh, pick bad compositions since we're talking draft pick.
That's just my 2 cents.

Thiel

Memorable (12)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by BestMinionEver » December 11, 2013 7:18am | Report
Solo queue is all about the gods that can carry games. Comp doesn't have that much impact on the game (ofc you need a kind of normal setup with a adc, support, mid and solo :P

Just learn to play the most op god and carry your way out of the "elo hel" :)

Edit: When you get to higher elo games you should calm your bacon though, and try to learn and listen to your playcaller etc

Jungle & Support main.

BestMinionEver
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (69)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Thiel » December 11, 2013 7:24am | Report

Solo queue is all about the gods that can carry games. Comp doesn't have that much impact on the game (ofc you need a kind of normal setup with a adc, support, mid and solo :P

Just learn to play the most op god and carry your way out of the "elo hel" :)

Edit: When you get to higher elo games you should calm your bacon though, and try to learn and listen to your playcaller etc

That's the problem with the elo hell described by OP though, it's the wonky team comps that mess it up. But yea, picking strong carries would be the way to go regardless. Playing a great support is like polishing a turd in OP's situation.
That's just my 2 cents.

Thiel

Memorable (12)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by BestMinionEver » December 11, 2013 7:24am | Report
Subzero008 wrote:

This may not be related, but even Silver 1 in LoL has its fair share of trolls and bad players. Since Smite has an even smaller playerbase, and Platinum is completely empty, you will probably have bad matches for a while.

Give the system like 5-10 seasons and it will be pretty evened out with bads and new players in bronze (new players just have to carry the bads), mediocre players and trolls in silver, decent players in gold etc etc

Just have to keep on smiting and get those win-streaks in league :P

Jungle & Support main.

BestMinionEver
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (69)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Thiel » December 11, 2013 7:26am | Report

Give the system like 5-10 seasons and it will be pretty evened out with bads and new players in bronze (new players just have to carry the bads), mediocre players and trolls in silver, decent players in gold etc etc

Just have to keep on smiting and get those win-streaks in league :P

Whelp, I still need 16 more levels before I can go league though.
That's just my 2 cents.

Thiel

Memorable (12)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by BestMinionEver » December 11, 2013 7:30am | Report
Thiel wrote:

Playing a great support is like polishing a turd when you're supporting random baddies.

In the old ranked system I played a lot of support, and then I lost like 500-1000 elo in one day (yes that was a sad sad day). And I just wasn't really good at other roles, but it killed me to see my adc miss like 5 autos on ppl with 2 hp left while I was doing everything I could (tanking tower, bodyblocking the enemy so he couldn't move etc).

So I started going Bacchus and Sobek and just roaming and invadeing making chaos, it was fun and work kind of, it was a lot better than getting killed by my ****py *** adc at least :P

Jungle & Support main.

BestMinionEver
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (69)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }