Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Current tier list

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » General Discussion » Current tier list 23 posts - page 2 of 3
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Raventhor » January 1, 2014 2:25pm | Report
Quoted:

Lol stop the ********

My sir, I am in no way ********ting. You've left out Chaac, which is a huge error on your own part. And Kali's rework actually wasn't a buff, she's average and in everything but high rated, most people will utilize her passive in the complete wrong way, leading into traps. In solo queue, it's a huge detriment.

Now to follow up to Snieg.
Zhong Kui is a solid champ, he's just dangerously close range and has no escape. He's a very easy to gank mid lane, and ever since his ult's healing was removed, he has no buffs to his team anymore, and a very average stun. The stun is only good if you combo with the tag, but the tag is needed for healing or you rot instantly. His passive isn't bad, but it's just not going to let you survive. As such, if you don't get fed, you'll end up losing. Going even with your lane opponent is not a good thing. However, he does have ridiculous base damage, especially on his Exorcise, so it's not necessarily hard to get ahead, it's just a very dangerous god to play, since you pretty much have to blink into the team and start ulting, and hope you don't die.

The good mids right now are high burst. Sustain mages (Nu Wa, Isis, etc) just don't have the punch that a lot of burst mages provide. Zeus, Agni, and Poseidon all have ultimates that will absolutely devastate a team. No other role is good at providing consistent AoE damage, which is why it's almost required in a mage. However, certain other gods do provide a nice AoE output - Chaac, Hun Batz, Guan Yu (arguably), etc. In this case, certain sustain mages, especially the Ra I have listed, are not a bad choice. He's a lane bully - instantaneous waveclear on his beam, a ridiculous heal, and a blind that ruins melee - very underestimated escape mechanic when paired with his movement speed. His lack of AoE burst late game is made up for by his team utility, especially his healing and his ult on a very low cooldown with CDR. He ends up as the nidalee of smite, but with an AoE heal and a slower traveling poke. Chang'E has also been used mid, but she's a big bruiser bully, so she usually doesn't, but she fits into the same role as Ra.

Aphro isn't considered good, which is a shame as she's the only TRUE support in the game. She's not good in the duo lane, which is a shame, because it's what she's meant for - a tank is necessary to both bodyblock and initiate. The sustain that she gives can usually be outplayed by any decent players, as she's waaaay too damn squishy. In the mid lane, maxing her waveclear and harass, her poke isn't horrible and she can outsustain most mids who have no form of it - especially the main three, Zeus, Poseidon, and Agni. However, her late game utility is questionable at best, as again, she's a sustain mage, but her healing isn't AoE and allows her team to be initiated on and decimated. A lot of people underestimate just how hard she is to 1v1 - stuns, knockbacks, and heal/damage is ridiculous - but she's simply not...anywhere close to the best option.

@All4 yes, I meant Artemis, not Ah Muzen Cab. Artemis has a weaker early game, despite a good poke, because she's so safe and her AS steroid doesn't have items to give it a punch. But late game, that attack speed steroid makes her the highest DPS ADC in the game. AMC used to be good, he was actually god-tier if build full caster ADC, but his nerfs left him slightly under-average. Better than Cupid IMO, but worse than everyone else.

I'm still curious, though, as to why people had assumed I was "********ting".
-Demolibium

Raventhor
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Eminent (158)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by theshitbringer » January 1, 2014 2:51pm | Report
Raventhor wrote:

My sir, I am in no way ********ting. You've left out Chaac, which is a huge error on your own part. And Kali's rework actually wasn't a buff, she's average and in everything but high rated, most people will utilize her passive in the complete wrong way, leading into traps. In solo queue, it's a huge detriment.
How should I explain that Chaac is autobanned in ranked games ?And by putting all tanks to the so called top tier is indeed ********.Specially in that order as currently Sobek is always picked and normally followed up by Athena.Ymir is almost never seen and Bacchus is quite hard and rare.
Poseidon top tier mage instead of Ao ?Again total and complete ********....

theshitbringer

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Raventhor » January 1, 2014 3:00pm | Report
Who said anything about top tier, my good sir? I said the main 4 - Bacchus, Ymir, Sobek, and Athena, are the 4 best. Hades is garbage, as is Ares, as was pre-vulcan, is is Odin.

Poseidon is still a solid pick. Ao Kuang has gained a lot of favor with his newfound ability to spam abilities, but he still has what he's always had.
And how would you explain Chaac is autobanned in ranked games?
"Chaac is autobanned in ranked games" is a good start.

Bacchus has mana problems but still does well, and is nasty in many fights where gods have linear skillshots, as well as being a very good fire giant killer. Tanks are usually locked last, as bans aren't desired to be wasted on them and you have the luxury of picking a tank at the end of the pick phase. This lets you determine if the ult is a good fit or not.
Ymir is still a solid pick, especially from Allied and Omega.

And finally, sir, I didn't autoput tanks in toptier. I listed every role and listed the best gods in the tier. If every god is equal strength, they're damn well all going to be listed.

Nothing I've listed is ********, I've listed mechanical and logical reasons behind everything I've listed, and your defense for why you've left out gods is "well how would I say that". I'd ask you not to be a toxic person in my community by calling other people's opinions ******** unless you're willing to back it up and have a CIVIL discussion.
-Demolibium

Raventhor
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Eminent (158)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Raventhor » January 1, 2014 3:05pm | Report
Oh, and on a final note, why would I only list Athena and Sobek? say one of them DOES get banned. Then what does this guy have to go off of? The blank slots where the 3rd and 4th tanks would be?

I'd rather be thorough and accurate than mindless.

That's it for me. I'm going to stop here. Snieg, I hope I've helped, and good luck in your conquesting, my good sir :)
-Demolibium

Raventhor
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Eminent (158)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by M4XiiMUS » January 2, 2014 12:22am | Report
One does not simply argue with Raventhor

M4XiiMUS

Prominent (30)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by MadDanny » January 2, 2014 4:17am | Report
M4XiiMUS wrote:

One does not simply argue with Raventhor.

One does not simply double post.
This is my signature. It is full of vowels and consonants.
In-game name: MadDany

Owner of: SmiteFireGaming clan. Open for our SmiteFire community members
Pm or look for our thread(I'd prefer if you'd go to our threadsince I don't online that often.)
A.K.A.The Mad Priest

MadDanny

Prominent (34)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Thiel » January 2, 2014 6:48am | Report
MadDanny wrote:

One does not simply double post.

Both are done quite simply, it being wise, however, is a whole other thing.

To answer OP's question about the god tiers. There's already alot of coverage in this topic, if you, however, feel like you want to read into it more, and also grasp what would be considered mid and low tier, I reccommend reading this topic: https://www.smitefire.com/smite/forum/general-discussion/tier-list-of-the-people-2452?page=1

As for my personal anwer to your question (albeit outdated with the recent changes)
https://www.smitefire.com/smite/forum/general-discussion/tier-list-of-the-people-2452?page=6

(Note: The topic is old, so the information is pre- Bakasura, Kali and Vulcan buff aswell as pre- Chaac and some nerfs to gods like Chang'e. Also the tier lists are mostly with competitive 5v5 play in mind, not so much about solo queue pubstomping gods. At which my one and only answer would be Arachne.)
That's just my 2 cents.

Oy! Give me some privacy.

Thiel

Memorable (12)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by coldhotshot » January 2, 2014 7:06am | Report
Here is my 2 cent to top tier gods (Will name 4 for each role in the case that three of them get picked/banned, there is still the fourth)

Mid: Zeus, Ao Kuang, Agni, Poseidon

Jungle: Mercury, Kali, Freya, Thor

Solo: Sun Wukong, Tyr, Chang'e, Ra

Tank: Sobek, Athena, Bacchus, Ymir

Hunter: Anhur, Artemis, Neith, Apollo

Some consideration picks(require more knowledge and skill): Isis, Hel, Anubis, Bastet, Thanatos, Ne Zha, Hebo, Nu Wa, Ares and Xblanque.
Click on my signature to go to my guide!

Other guides:
Fenrir :D

Click on this text to get a signature similar to this one!

coldhotshot

Memorable (14)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by RazeMage » January 2, 2014 8:01am | Report
Long time no see coldhotshot :D

RazeMage
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (58)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by coldhotshot » January 2, 2014 10:03am | Report
Long time no see man! Still see you in game though :D
Click on my signature to go to my guide!

Other guides:
Fenrir :D

Click on this text to get a signature similar to this one!

coldhotshot

Memorable (14)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }