Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Blank levels?

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » General Discussion » Blank levels? 8 posts - page 1 of 1
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Wayne3100 » October 1, 2017 4:41pm | Report
So I just watched a video of Incon playing Camazotz (a God I'd like to try out some time soon), and I noticed something he did which I previously didn't know was a thing.

At level 8, he had put 1 skill point in Screech, 4 points in Vampire Bats, 1 point in Devour and 1 point in Bat Out of Hell for a total of 7 skill points spent. Both F1 and F3 were flashing for him to use, but instead he held on to his 8th skill point until he hit level 9, at which point he was somehow able to invest the two points into maxing out his 2 ( Vampire Bats) and upgrading his ultimate instead.

Since I never expected anything like this to be possible, I've always spent my skill points as soon as I got them, but now I'm intrigued. Is this a common practice for many Gods in the game? If so, at which point(s) in the game is it possible/important to do this? If not, are there any individual Gods which you would still recommend doing this on?

Thanks to Janitsu for the signature!

Wayne3100
<Retired Admin>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Prominent (45)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by DV-8 » October 1, 2017 4:58pm | Report
I've seen this as well.

It can potentially be beneficial, as long as you are farming well and don't get "stuck" on that level for too long.

This can be beneficial for gods who have a regular ability that you want to max out as soon as possible, as well as their ultimate.

Some examples of this (among many) are:

Kukulkan
Scylla
Awilix
Personally, I don't do this often (mainly because I forget to at that point :p ). However, it can give you a slight advantage in close matchups, depending on the situation.

DV-8
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Prominent (35)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Branmuffin17 » October 1, 2017 5:34pm | Report
The standard term for this is point-skipping. And as DV-8 mentioned, I think Scylla is the #1 example of doing this, due to how her passive works with maxing abilities.
Branmuffin17
<Administrator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Exalted (395)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Authorize » October 1, 2017 11:25pm | Report
I chalk it down to if your 2 of your skills aren't too useful and you'd rather max out your main wave clear / damage skill you can just skip level 8's point and then use it on your main skill and ult at level 9

Authorize

Notable (1)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Wayne3100 » October 2, 2017 3:16am | Report
So I take it this isn't something a lot of you do regularly on (almost) every god you play? I mean, the Scylla example makes perfect sense to me, I'm just trying to figure out whether this is common for many gods or only a viable option for a handful.

Thanks to Janitsu for the signature!

Wayne3100
<Retired Admin>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Prominent (45)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Authorize » October 2, 2017 4:03am | Report
Wayne3100 wrote:

So I take it this isn't something a lot of you do regularly on (almost) every god you play? I mean, the Scylla example makes perfect sense to me, I'm just trying to figure out whether this is common for many gods or only a viable option for a handful.

No, it's not something that benefits every god. The only time I do it often is as a solo laner if my clear isn't enough at level 8

Authorize

Notable (1)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Jona_Rivia » October 2, 2017 9:15am | Report
This always depends on the God you are using (The Camazotz example is quite accurate because his skill # 1 and # 3 are much less potent than his skill # 2), I use this technique (considering that I almost always play in the middle line with mages) in gods like Kukulkan, Thoth, Poseidon, Zhong Kui, among others. I do not usually do it with Scylla, in fact I do not see it convenient (a tip, for those who like to use it), it is better to prioritize their ability Sic 'Em than their I'm a Monster due to the passive Scylla, that rooting to several enemies is very useful in team fights.
Greetings.

Jona_Rivia

Notable (3)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Devampi » October 4, 2017 2:24am | Report
In most cases you will see people hold onto lvl 2 skill points on certain gods too, only for different reasons

I also did forgot this existed XD.

@jona_rivia
it would really depend on how the lane is going. as normally you do it to have your first ability maxed out ast lvl 9 instead of 10 (I believe it's been a long time back since I used the technique). if your gonna put the point in Sic 'Em you don't need to do it as you're delaying the ult anyway. And well it mostly costs you damage anyway.

Devampi
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (105)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }