Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Best Build for Any God - Season 5

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » General Discussion » Best Build for Any God - Season 5 29 posts - page 3 of 3
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Gary169 » October 25, 2018 12:09pm | Report
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kaQJxrbvsXg

Gary169

Remarkable (7)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Branmuffin17 » October 25, 2018 12:33pm | Report
Aw ****...you'd only referenced 2 other players on his team, and 3 players on the other, so it had me thinking Joust.

@Kriega, I can see an Osiris ADC-type thing working in a set comp in Joust...have your standard burst mage, and the 3rd teammate being a bruiser-y or tank guardian...have Osiris concentrate on dealing DPS (with the help of Qin's) with the added control and damage mitigation he gets to help his survivability in close.
Branmuffin17
<Administrator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Exalted (394)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Gary169 » October 25, 2018 12:44pm | Report
Lol woops. The builds are at 33:10 on the video, in case anyone else wants to take a look.
I don't know enough to say anything about that friendly Sol build. The friendly Chernobog build was fine.

The enemy team lacked any decent structure (no front liners). I also forgot to mention the enemy He Bo, but same problems as the enemy zong qui: Late Warlock's Staff, early Obsidian Shard, etc.

Gary169

Remarkable (7)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Gary169 » October 25, 2018 12:49pm | Report
Relax Kriega, there's no Polynomicon in that Sol build.

Gary169

Remarkable (7)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Branmuffin17 » October 25, 2018 12:49pm | Report
Okay. So I'm looking at the team comps in that linked game. (PS4 btw)
Anyone see anything wrong with these? I would straight up assume lower ranks.

Barrett's team has 4 freaking physical gods. Enemy should be able to more easily counter-build...there's no physical/magical balance.

Enemy team has no true tanks. Zhong and Thana can both build bruiser and do well, but that's no substitute for better CC and a tankier god. 2 hunters, but that's okay if Neith is going Mid.

But no. Neith is in Solo. He Bo is in Mid. Zhong Kui is Support.

Yeah, Barrett's mechanical skill seems fine. His map awareness seems good in watching the first 5 min, and he's using a lot of VGS which is great. He would just be better served with a more optimized build in this situation, cuz that main focus on basic attacks but having Jotunn's is just not the best.
Branmuffin17
<Administrator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Exalted (394)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Gary169 » October 25, 2018 12:52pm | Report
That Hastened Ring and Typhon's Fang are my only doubts, but I don't really know enough, so you be the judge since you seem to know Sol best here.

Gary169

Remarkable (7)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Gary169 » October 25, 2018 12:53pm | Report
Branmuffin17 wrote:

Okay. So I'm looking at the team comps in that linked game. (PS4 btw)
Anyone see anything wrong with these? I would straight up assume lower ranks.

Barrett's team has 4 freaking physical gods. Enemy should be able to more easily counter-build...there's no physical/magical balance.

Enemy team has no true tanks. Zhong and Thana can both build bruiser and do well, but that's no substitute for better CC and a tankier god. 2 hunters, but that's okay if Neith is going Mid.

But no. Neith is in Solo. He Bo is in Mid. Zhong Kui is Support.

Yeah, Barrett's mechanical skill seems fine. His map awareness seems good in watching the first 5 min, and he's using a lot of VGS which is great. He would just be better served with a more optimized build in this situation, cuz that main focus on basic attacks but having Jotunn's is just not the best.

Thanks for repeating everything I said, but with better, more organized structure (not kidding here. thank you - seriously).

Gary169

Remarkable (7)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Branmuffin17 » October 25, 2018 1:05pm | Report
Hahahahaha
Branmuffin17
<Administrator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Exalted (394)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Gary169 » October 25, 2018 1:10pm | Report
Barrett, also please stop using these misleading titles. You're doing it again with the title on this forum "Best Build for any god"

Your Arachne build for this game was ok (one item was out of place). Yes, your builds can be effective at very low levels of play like this. However, until you start going against better competition, you won't be taken seriously.

Gary169

Remarkable (7)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }