Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Bad skill design

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » General Discussion » Bad skill design 16 posts - page 1 of 2
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Wolfbane » May 22, 2013 9:11am | Report
Bad Skill design is where one skill can not work unless you have another skill.

Example Zues. Zues passive makes his auto attacks store "charges". And you can detonate these charges with Detonate Charge.

Remove Detonate Charge from the game and his passive is useless = Bad design.

What I would suggest is actually add the Overcharge to his Detonate Charge and just give him a new passive, because Zues does need some changes.

Wolfbane

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by TheAmazingComicBookGuy » May 22, 2013 9:17am | Report
I really love zeus and I agree that he has a bad passive, but his burst lives up for that. If he gets a better one his burst would need a nerf. He is a solid god and he isn't really the one who needs crazy changes.
Gods that do currently need changes are:
Kali
Bastet
Fenrir
Ne Zha
And Eset

TheAmazingComicBookGuy

Prominent (47)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by JararoNatsu » May 22, 2013 11:20am | Report
Mays, you forgot Artemis.

Check out my Artemis Guide and my Ao Kuang Guide!

JararoNatsu
<Veteran>

Distinguished (51)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by coldhotshot » May 22, 2013 11:49am | Report
Fenrir and Isis don;t need changes... Isis is balanced already, she does massive damage but comes with the weak point of no strong ad basic attack. Can;t push as well as other mage gods. And Fenrir, his glory days shall remain in the graves of smite history. May his epic legend of his 2+3 combo be remembered as the best combo in history. I do not recommend doing anything to Fenrir, rather if you do anything, buff him a little.

Kali, you can also use her properly and she isn;t op at all. She is just bad at assault.

Really in my opinion they need to change Bastet and Artemis only, the others have their weakness and strengths that balance out. If you have a hard time figuring them out, go ask a mentor.
Click on my signature to go to my guide!

Other guides:
Fenrir :D

Click on this text to get a signature similar to this one!

coldhotshot

Memorable (14)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by OssiansFolly » May 22, 2013 12:25pm | Report
Zeus is supposed to be a "strong aoe god".

Sadly his cooldowns are WAAAAYYY too restrictive. His basic attack needs to come with a 1-2 jump arc. Think chain lightning from WoW. Each jump decreases the damage by 25% but will hit up to three targets total within 5ft of the last hit.

This would increase his AoE potential and not make his passive largely stupid.

OssiansFolly

Notable (1)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Nex The Slayer » May 23, 2013 1:37am | Report
Well they change Zeus with the latest patch so...

Nex The Slayer

Prominent (37)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by coldhotshot » May 23, 2013 1:59am | Report
This balancing patch is so good! Minor fixes are better than major fixes.
Click on my signature to go to my guide!

Other guides:
Fenrir :D

Click on this text to get a signature similar to this one!

coldhotshot

Memorable (14)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by ICEN » May 23, 2013 3:15am | Report
That makes no sense? well at least to me?

You say zues has a bad passive because without detonate charge its useless???

You say if they take it out the game it makes his passive useless??? LOLOLOL!!!!

Ummm they arn't ever going to take his detonate out of the game there for his passive is never useless??? What the hell have you been doing not using detonate the entire time???

ICEN

Prominent (41)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by OssiansFolly » May 23, 2013 6:21am | Report
ICEN wrote:

That makes no sense? well at least to me?

You say zues has a bad passive because without detonate charge its useless???

You say if they take it out the game it makes his passive useless??? LOLOLOL!!!!

Ummm they arn't ever going to take his detonate out of the game there for his passive is never useless??? What the hell have you been doing not using detonate the entire time???

I think what you are missing is the CD timer and how inefficient and clunky the system is. I think that is what the OP is talking about. It takes 5 seconds to basic attack 3 times with Zeus AND you have to skill shot THREE times before you can even use his Detonate ability. Zeus is supposed to be an AoE monster but he really only has ONE AoE move.

OssiansFolly

Notable (1)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Sunfall » May 23, 2013 6:44am | Report
OssiansFolly wrote:

I think what you are missing is the CD timer and how inefficient and clunky the system is. I think that is what the OP is talking about. It takes 5 seconds to basic attack 3 times with Zeus AND you have to skill shot THREE times before you can even use his Detonate ability. Zeus is supposed to be an AoE monster but he really only has ONE AoE move.

Fatalis and Demonic Grip tend to be built on Zeus to address the buildup via basic attacks, the latter of which also stacks a resistance debuff to make your detonate stronger.

Also, how can you possibly make a thread about bad skill designs without bringing up Nine Lives?
Waiting on a good new MOBA, please.

Sunfall
<Veteran>

Prominent (29)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }