Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Bad skill design

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » General Discussion » Bad skill design 16 posts - page 2 of 2
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by TheAmazingComicBookGuy » May 23, 2013 6:58am | Report
Sunfall wrote:

Also, how can you possibly make a thread about bad skill designs without bringing up Nine Lives?

TheAmazingComicBookGuy

Prominent (47)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by coldhotshot » May 23, 2013 8:41am | Report
Wait, is this thread for skills and passives or just skills?

If including passive, then ya, fixing Nine lives or Bastet's ultimate is essential.
Click on my signature to go to my guide!

Other guides:
Fenrir :D

Click on this text to get a signature similar to this one!

coldhotshot

Memorable (14)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by ICEN » May 23, 2013 4:09pm | Report
Okay how about change zues passive to something like :
Everytime Zues lands a charge his attack speed increases by 50% for 2 seconds. I am not saying to change it less or more than 50% I am just using 50% as an example. Maybe they can increase his attack speed when he lands a charge.
There now you won't have a super bad problem landing it.

You would only gain the attack speed if you hit an enemy god or unless you would rather have it to where the passive attack speed activates even if you hit minions there for it should be plenty easy to land charges well at least easier.

As far as bastet,

Leave here garbage passive the same but add one more thing to it.

Ideas ?

- Every ally within so many Feet of bastet, a percentage of each ally's protections will be given to her cats??? If its too OP than change the % given. This would also make people pair up with tanks more I assume.

- for every enemy god bastets cats kill, her cats gain extra protections +5 per kill maybe more.
or for every cat you place directly on a god the cat cripples them. There for since there are 3 cats it is possible to place 3 of those circles on 2 or 3 gods being they are lined up perfectly within those circles. Could make the circles slightly bigger. Or maybe if you place the cats on a enemy god the cats will gain extra movement speed or something else

- how about instead of bastet's respawn being shorter that her entire team gets a shorter respawn but is shared by 9 lives. Meaning each person does not get 9 lives but the team shares those 9 lives. Could adjust the respawn rate to make the passive better.

- Every god that bastet kills PERMANENTLY decreases the respawn time of ALL ally gods upon death and grants them movement speed for a limited amount of time.
-5 decreased respawn time per kill total of 3 stacks. Movement speed increase of +5% per kill total of 5 stacks. Movement speed last for around 10 seconds. Adjust the time and % to the right amount I am just using examples.

- When bastet kills an enemy god that enemy god has INCREASED respawn time of lets say 10-20 seconds anywhere between those numbers. Trust me that will make dying by bastest not fun at all while you have to watch your towers get ate up for another 10-20 seconds.

ANY OF THESE ARE BETTER THAN WHAT WE GOT NOW!

ICEN

Prominent (41)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by HiFromBuddha » May 24, 2013 9:30pm | Report
Maybe make the stacks actually do something? We don't have to completely rework the passive. We could just add a DoT that also slows and stacks 3 times.
The top rated He Bo guide on SmiteFire!
My rather unimpressive and slowly growing anime list!
Currently watching:
    Punchline
Currently Reading:
    Utsuro no Hako to Zero Maria
    Nisekoi: False Love
    The World God Only Knows

HiFromBuddha
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (115)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by mittfel » May 26, 2013 8:39am | Report

I really love zeus and I agree that he has a bad passive, but his burst lives up for that. If he gets a better one his burst would need a nerf. He is a solid god and he isn't really the one who needs crazy changes.
Gods that do currently need changes are:
Kali
Bastet
Fenrir
Ne Zha
And Eset

Isis needs a change? Hmm, I haven't noticed her being overpowered or underpowered for that matter. I think she is pretty much as solid as Zeus.

mittfel

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by TheAmazingComicBookGuy » May 26, 2013 8:56am | Report
mittfel wrote:

Isis needs a change? Hmm, I haven't noticed her being overpowered or underpowered for that matter. I think she is pretty much as solid as Zeus.

Maybe Isis isn't to broken, but she has a great harass with some good mobility. It is not like she is crazy op, but I just don't like her :P

TheAmazingComicBookGuy

Prominent (47)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }