Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Ares Jungle - Possible?

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » General Discussion » Ares Jungle - Possible? 18 posts - page 2 of 2
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Sunfall » October 16, 2013 7:08pm | Report
He'd be more useful as a counterjungler than anything. Send him into the jungle to kill the enemy jungler so they can't do much later in the game.

As a dedicated jungler, Ares has the worst waveclear in the game, which translates into terrible clear times even with Hand of the Gods. If you must use Ares in the jungler, only use him as a part-time one.
Waiting on a good new MOBA, please.

Sunfall
<Veteran>

Prominent (29)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » October 16, 2013 7:13pm | Report
Sunfall, after some extensive testing, a Mage Ares does in fact have slow clear times at the start, but they start to pick up once searing flames is maxed. It's not as fast as Anubis, but it gets about as fast as Artemis.

And no, he definitely does not have the worst waveclear in the game. That dubious honor goes to Bacchus. F*ck you, Bacchus.

Strangely, Searing Flames's HP % effect works on all mobs except for the fire giant, gold fury, and oddly enough, the minotaur.

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Sunfall » October 16, 2013 8:57pm | Report
Subzero008 wrote:
And no, he definitely does not have the worst waveclear in the game. That dubious honor goes to Bacchus. F*ck you, Bacchus.

Belly Flop + Belch of the Gods puts out much more damage than Searing Flesh and Shackles unto creeps. Bacchus' magic power scalings are also much better if you choose to build him with magical power.

I'm not saying Bacchus would be a better jungler--obviously, Searing Flesh %age based damage works better on those high-HP buff creeps, on top of the fat man being way too mana-hungry. But for farming minion waves in lanes, Bacchus can clear somewhat faster.
Waiting on a good new MOBA, please.

Sunfall
<Veteran>

Prominent (29)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Grimskull » October 17, 2013 10:36am | Report
Try it with Bacchus, hilarity guaranteed.
Check out my Bacchus guide:

Check out my BB coding skills

Grimskull

Notable (4)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by osk YourDeath » January 19, 2016 1:46pm | Report
I play Ares jungle somewhat regularly and it's super fun to do...alltough I'm super bias since I have over 2k whorshippers on him :D

osk YourDeath

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Diomedes232 » January 19, 2016 3:56pm | Report
NECRO!!!!!!

Diomedes232

Remarkable (6)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Zilby » January 19, 2016 5:57pm | Report
I know this is a necro, but there is a fascinating number of retired editors/veterans on this post :o
Smite Account: Zilby__________Steam Account: Zilby
Blizzard: Zilby#11991_________Twitch: TheZilb

I am the most foul, cruel and bad tempered rodent you've ever set eyes upon!.. Oh, her? Yes, well... she's with me.

Feel free to PM me with any questions or comments. I can offer feedback on gameplay and BBcoding tips, as well as moderation help if needed.

Zilby
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (132)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Devampi » January 20, 2016 10:35am | Report
Old SF days I have seen all of those editors a lot only Sunfall not as much he popped in several times for 1 command and was gone

Devampi
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (105)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }