Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Ao Kuang Patch Notes

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Thread Locked

This thread has been locked by the moderators, you cannot reply to it.

Forum » General Discussion » Ao Kuang Patch Notes 15 posts - page 2 of 2
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Raventhor » November 20, 2014 2:31pm | Report
Fatalis+Demo Grip seems to make AK hit a point stronger than freya or chronos or old nu wa with the same items, which does make sense as a melee, but the relative power at that point is so unbearably in favor of AK that it's near impossible to avoid. Correct me if I'm wrong, but if you 1 over a wall, the enemy has 0 idea you're there. The clone is at your original location, and you're in stealth. This is basically Shaco 2.0 in that sense (sorry I'm in LoL mode I need to make the comparison). I feel like very few gods, if AK is smart with a timed blink 1, and quick reaction on his ult, will be able to ever fight him. MAYBE bakasura, but I'd have to think, MAYBE nemesis. But the rest are going to have a very hard time outdueling, or rather, even living, against this monstrosity.

The only downside AK has is he has no built in sustain, but killing everything and taking 0 damage because of it is just as good. He has insane mobility and safety, he has a slow, sustained damage, burst damage, an execute tied into an AoE ultimate or guaranteed escape if done right, wave/jungle clear...I'm scared to be honest.

As Sub mentioned, the only thing I find underwhelming is his passive. It's basically just their way of saying "the first time you use your abilities they do a bit more. Then you have no passive". His 3 I find decent in proccing Poly, DG, and Fatalis on, but it's average, not underwhelming. His 1, 2, and 4 are all pretty damn broken imo.

I'll have to test more, but this is my opening thoughts on him. Sidebar, since his 3 counts as a basic attack, does he basically have no way to proc Gem of Isolation unless he's inefficient with his 2 or he somehow gets a hit on his 1?
-Demolibium

Raventhor
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Eminent (158)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by SoapSuds » November 20, 2014 3:33pm | Report
I agree that he's a bit on the OP side.

His stealth is pretty intense, but it's not OP. If you have someone around with Mystical Mail, it'll knock him right out of his hide.

The damage on his 2 is pretty insane. Though I normally don't play CQ, I tried him out in practice CQ, and Sub is right, his jungle clear early game is very good with it. It does a lot of damage, and when I was going against him as Geb with Stone of Gaia, he just melted my health with it. Though it should definitely put a nice dent in someone due to the damage being based off of basic attacks, I still think the damage could do with a bit of a reduction.

His 3 is fine. Does decent damage and has a fairly short cooldown, but it's no worse than HeBo's one, damage/cool down wise.

His ult, I honestly think is okay. Yeah, it's an instakill when he hits someone under a certain amount of health, but a lot of the time, from what I've seen, and I could be way off, if your health is that low when he's that close to you to cast it, chances are, you're already dead unless you're able to pop off an escape really quick.

I don't think he's as OP as most releases we've had in a while, and he's certainly not as OP as Nox was underpowered, but yeah, I think the damage on his 2 is a bit too much. I'm sure we'll see some kind of nerf to it with the next patch. At the very least, like Holy said, he's not near impossible to play against.
Comic Series Currently Reading:
  • Wonder Woman Vol 2
  • Green Lantern Vol 2
  • Infinity Gauntlet

SoapSuds

Prominent (43)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Greenevers » November 20, 2014 3:43pm | Report
Other than that, his ult can proc Gem of Isolation.

While I came to the conclusion he was broken at first but he does have some pretty easy counter-play. His only damage really comes from his 2. So either gtfo when he uses his 2 or you can be aggressive af when his 2 is down. And for his ultimate you can aegis or beads for it. A magi's blessing might work but I haven't tested it.

Greenevers
<Retired Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (105)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by MadDanny » November 20, 2014 3:54pm | Report
"Ao Kuang to fcking OP. 2 shots everyone. No balance, no originality. Total ****. BTW I never played him or the game anymore."

I really am bored
This is my signature. It is full of vowels and consonants.
In-game name: MadDany

Owner of: SmiteFireGaming clan. Open for our SmiteFire community members
Pm or look for our thread(I'd prefer if you'd go to our threadsince I don't online that often.)
A.K.A.The Mad Priest

MadDanny

Prominent (34)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by TormentedTurnip » November 20, 2014 4:32pm | Report
Official post is up. I've got the current discussion copied all over onto the second post, so we can continue on from there.

TormentedTurnip
<Retired Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Esteemed (96)
View My Blog

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }