Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Ao Kuang God Reveal

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » General Discussion » Ao Kuang God Reveal 62 posts - page 1 of 7
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Greenevers » November 16, 2014 9:16am | Report

Greenevers
<Retired Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (105)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Reverend Belial » November 16, 2014 12:41pm | Report
Oh I can't wait. So far the only issue I have with him is the vaguely lispy way he says "A Mighty Sword"
Chaac and Ah baby! Chaac and Ah...

Reverend Belial

Remarkable (8)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by HiFromBuddha » November 17, 2014 2:21am | Report
I hate to bring something negative back up again, but this video once again shows my gripes with the God Reveals. The scenarios aren't really helping you to deal with scenarios as it is just showing random instances. If you were in these scenarios, then you still wouldn't really understand the thought processes or plans for the situation. You don't get a good grasp of your limits.

The second instance is one that I thought was incredibly worthless. The instance was a very generic instance which really can apply to any god with a gap closer. It was simply chasing down an enemy, and I don't feel that in terms of examples, it wasn't the best one that they could've gone for.
The top rated He Bo guide on SmiteFire!
My rather unimpressive and slowly growing anime list!
Currently watching:
    Punchline
Currently Reading:
    Utsuro no Hako to Zero Maria
    Nisekoi: False Love
    The World God Only Knows

HiFromBuddha
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (115)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Raventhor » November 17, 2014 6:02am | Report

Oh I can't wait. So far the only issue I have with him is the vaguely lispy way he says "A Mighty Sword"

I *believe* that's a snakelike lisp because he's a serpent-dragon king thing. I can see where it's annoying but I *think* it was a thematic purpose, not a voice acting error.

As for HFB's statement, I see the gripe. I don't know what I'd personally say in the situation, I'm not good with that, but I do know that it's not that effective. Honestly while the second scenario is so lackluster, the last one annoys me the most because of how far behind the narrator is on the action. AK has already landed and walked away before she even says he's killed Bakasura yet.
-Demolibium

Raventhor
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Eminent (158)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Aeadar » November 17, 2014 3:56pm | Report
I laughed when I saw the passive explanation. Or rather, the lack thereof.

I agree with HiFromBuddha; this is a terrible reveal.

"A mighty sword!" was clearly added in to attract fans of the previous Ao Kuang. It sounds forced and unnatural to me.

As an added complaint, most of these scenarios don't underline the god's abilities, strengths, etc. They just perform generic acts that any other assassin could do. Any assassin could have killed the stunned, 20% ***bakarna. Any assassin with a speed buff and blink could have killed that Bakasura - and why would you get Blink in the first place on him?

The last scenario has him play to his strengths, but that scenario itself was forced and unrealistic - combat blinking to a near-dead enemy, and then their Geb just walks away as Ao Kuang boxes Bakasura, from twenty feet away. It's completely unrealistic.

Aeadar

Memorable (10)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Raventhor » November 17, 2014 4:51pm | Report
Aeadar wrote:

The last scenario has him play to his strengths, but that scenario itself was forced and unrealistic - combat blinking to a near-dead enemy, and then their Geb just walks away as Ao Kuang boxes Bakasura, from twenty feet away. It's completely unrealistic.

Only thing to say, I don't think they set it up, from my understanding these scenarios come from beta testing in actual games, so the other team was also trying to win. They also don't have a geb, it's baka, apollo, nu wa, ao kuang, and ***bakharna. Nonetheless, the baka was already being executed so they didn't really have a chance to punish him. But yeah, it's actual beta games the devs play with each other to test for bugs and they use some footage from that for it.
-Demolibium

Raventhor
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Eminent (158)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by HiFromBuddha » November 17, 2014 5:07pm | Report
Raventhor wrote:

Only thing to say, I don't think they set it up, from my understanding these scenarios come from beta testing in actual games, so the other team was also trying to win. They also don't have a geb, it's baka, apollo, nu wa, ao kuang, and ***bakharna. Nonetheless, the baka was already being executed so they didn't really have a chance to punish him. But yeah, it's actual beta games the devs play with each other to test for bugs and they use some footage from that for it.

It's been clear that they have been using clips from just one game for a while now, but I feel that in order to improve the quality of their god reveals, they need to analyse clips from more games. Right now, it feels like they are forcing clips onto us even without them being all too great or informative.
The top rated He Bo guide on SmiteFire!
My rather unimpressive and slowly growing anime list!
Currently watching:
    Punchline
Currently Reading:
    Utsuro no Hako to Zero Maria
    Nisekoi: False Love
    The World God Only Knows

HiFromBuddha
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (115)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Aeadar » November 17, 2014 7:07pm | Report
***bha*

Still, whether he was Geb or ***bha makes little difference.

It feels like they barely play these gods before release, hence, the clips from a single game.

Aeadar

Memorable (10)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Greenevers » November 17, 2014 7:39pm | Report
I think a lot of you misunderstand the point of these god reveals. They're not supposed to be a spotlight showing you in depth of how to play the god and everything. I appreciate what League does, it's a pretty intensive spotlight for each champion. However the primary purpose for these god reveals as I see it is to simply present the god out to the public. Yes, there are "gameplay scenarios" and "skill orderings" but it's mostly just for hype. I think I've even seen bad skill ordering in one of the god reveals.

While it would be nice for Hi-Rez to implement something similar to that of the champion spotlight, this is simply to present the god.

Also, I'm quuuite positive the devs don't barely play a god before the release. That's kinda insulting to the amount of time spent into making them. They may just use clips from one game but who cares? They don't want to show all the different scenarios but how the god flows! Also, Ao was released in China first. This should've helped balance issues and smaller bugs that weren't found during testing.

Greenevers
<Retired Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (105)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Swampmist1142 » November 17, 2014 7:45pm | Report
And yet he still has an Invis Blink with a nuke tied to it. The rest of the kit seems fine to me, but that is power creep at its finest.

Swampmist1142

Remarkable (8)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }