Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Advice For a Noob?

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » General Discussion » Advice For a Noob? 14 posts - page 2 of 2
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Kriega1 » August 7, 2019 9:41am | Report

I'm noob too so I'd better subscribe to this thread

We don’t really offer tips on this post just randomly. It’s easier to help if you state what you’re having trouble with so we can give advice.

Kriega1

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (143)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by DMTIDDIES » September 17, 2019 2:17pm | Report
I'm the noobiest of all noobs as I just caved and bought myself the first console I've had in about 10 years of not gaming at all. My inbox just started to go quiet from hate messages telling me to uninstall, and I'm getting better at actually landing an attack for once. I've been watching a ton of YTubers but they can be quite annoying to listen to for a whole 20 minutes when all I wanted to know was what items to build with. I've found this site to be a great resource so far. My only advice from Noob2Noob is keep having fun and don't take anything personal, keep reading and experimenting.

DMTIDDIES

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Branmuffin17 » September 17, 2019 4:43pm | Report
Hi DM,

Congrats on the new console!

Definitely don't listen to people. In those 10 years, kids have gone from spoiled to absolutely horrendous. People are awful when they don't have to interact with you face to face (where they would get their ***es kicked if they talked to you that way).

So you'll just have to deal with the fact that a lot of the people you play with are going to be jerks. Ignore them.

If you can have friends play with you, that helps get rid of some of the random teammates.

Next, you'll have to understand that, while the concept of builds is pretty simple (and multiple build directions can work), in actuality (especially for newer players) having numerous item choices, god choices, players with different skill and knowledge levels, all combine to presenting you with a situation where there are almost infinite variables. So a god and build that works for you one time might not work the next.

Mostly, for builds, you'll just need to invest time into getting more familiar with the game, and learning the calculations behind how the game works.

If you have any specific questions, please feel free to ask. Keep asking questions, and eventually you'll start getting a much better picture overall.

As for watching YouTubers, yeah, a lot of them just do gameplay. Some might explain a bit here and there of what they're doing. But most aren't going to just talk about the builds...because again, builds can vary, and one build that works in one situation might not work as well in another. The ones I think end up being the most helpful are things like DMBrandon's god guides (in the specific videos where he talks about a specific god and build directions), Mast (his gameplay, he's often talking about what he's doing and why, and also talks some about builds), and DukeSloth (he'll talk more in-depth on a god's kit and build options).
Branmuffin17
<Administrator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Exalted (394)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Karisma » September 18, 2019 5:10am | Report
The best advice I can give you is don't get discouraged by people who tell you can't play something.
Currently playing Classic WoW.

Shaman Raid Tank

aficionado & expert in off-meta specs: Melee Hunter, Smite Priest, Priest Tank Guide, Rogue Tank and more...

Karisma

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }