Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

A Proposed Change to the Overall Distribution of CC and Other Things in Smite

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » General Discussion » A Proposed Change to the Overall Distribution of CC and Other Things in Smite 51 posts - page 3 of 6

Poll Question:

Does Smite in general have too much CC?
Yes
No
VOTE
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » January 24, 2014 2:15am | Report
I have to disagree about Anhur, he has a LOT of CC, and is one of the few gods who can create a bodyblocking scenario.

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by arka222 » January 24, 2014 2:20am | Report
lol yes, but need to have a pretty skillful Anhur to use that CC well. Sometimes his body-blocking is a disadvantage to himself and teammates. Also there is hardly any CC with his ulti , difficult to spear in all 8 bullets!..
Fun and Heart
IGN: arka222
Clan: ARKA GANG
Motto: Never let the team down..find a way to win..
My Guide on Vulcan
A god idea...

arka222

Memorable (12)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by BestMinionEver » January 24, 2014 2:21am | Report
arka222 wrote:

Agree with subzero, there is too much CC component in the new and upcoming gods. CC must be critical for a tank or guardian like Ymir, Ares or Bacchus, etc. Although, gods like Anhur and Anubis have just the adequate amount of CC. Vamana lacks in CC, his 1 is not significant in damage or stun and even if he stuns he cant use another skill as a combo to it like ymir does with his 3 and then 2. Odin yes relies too heavily on his ulti for CC, would love to see his leap skill 1 to be faster and longer in range, otherwise, he seems to be too slow and predictable. what I wish to see in a larger perspective is tat: tanks and guardian must be high on CC and low on damage, burst damage must have adequate CC at times to save their ***es or to use with tough combo skills. Giving CC to a hunter or assassin is arguable, I think it should be minimum or strictly part of the ulti like Xbalanque and Loki.

I kind of do not feel that new gods have to much CC (this is not just because you said it, a lot of ppl think they do).

Lets just have a look:
Mercury has his Special Delivery and the Sonic Boom IMO that is just fine, loot at Thor for gods sake :P

thantos has his Soul Reap just fine.

New Kali got a 1 sec stun with her Incense, just fine.

Chaac has the Rain Dance which is just a slow and the Storm Call, seems fine to me 3 sec silence is strong but it isn't a stun :P

Nu Wa got her flame strike which is good, but hard to hit so totally fine by me.

Ah Muzen Cab a slow and a cripple on his ult.

Sun Wukong has a lot, but IMO that is fine for a bruiser and it is not like the tiger and ox are hard to dodge :P

Zhong Kui a stun and a slow (the slow might be a bit to much, at least it feels like it if he builds gem), but he lacks some of the burst that other mages have so IDM.

Geb well he is a support :)

I don't feel that any one god has to much CC, but the right team comp can certainly have what seems like infinite amounts of CC though :P
IGN: Marki

Jungle & Support main.

Casually tryharding ranked now and again.

Make fun of my bad plays on Twitch ;)
Is only pixels, why you haf to be mad?

BestMinionEver
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (69)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by arka222 » January 24, 2014 2:28am | Report

I don't feel that any one god has to much CC, but the right team comp can certainly have what seems like infinite amounts of CC though :P

No one has more CC than Bacchus, all 3 of his skills r strong on CC. But it justifies his low damage
Fun and Heart
IGN: arka222
Clan: ARKA GANG
Motto: Never let the team down..find a way to win..
My Guide on Vulcan
A god idea...

arka222

Memorable (12)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » January 24, 2014 2:29am | Report

I kind of do not feel that new gods have to much CC (this is not just because you said it, a lot of ppl think they do).

Lets just have a look:
Mercury has his Special Delivery and the Sonic Boom IMO that is just fine, loot at Thor for gods sake :P

thantos has his Soul Reap just fine.

New Kali got a 1 sec stun with her Incense, just fine.

Chaac has the Rain Dance which is just a slow and the Storm Call, seems fine to me 3 sec silence is strong but it isn't a stun :P

Nu Wa got her flame strike which is good, but hard to hit so totally fine by me.

Ah Muzen Cab a slow and a cripple on his ult.

Sun Wukong has a lot, but IMO that is fine for a bruiser and it is not like the tiger and ox are hard to dodge :P

Zhong Kui a stun and a slow (the slow might be a bit to much, at least it feels like it if he builds gem), but he lacks some of the burst that other mages have so IDM.

Geb well he is a support :)

Actually, it is a lot of CC when you revisualize it.

On paper, Special Delivery doesn't seem so bad, with a simple one second stun, but it might as well be a 2 second stun due to the way it combos with not only any teammates but with a wall. And when you consider his ultimate can hit two-three people in a fight, it is a lot of CC indeed.

Kali has a one-sec stun that has a small radius, and realistically, will hit 1-2 people, maybe three if they're very stupid. Not a lot of CC.

Chaac has a lot of CC because it can affect as much as 4/5 of the enemy team at once. Not just his ultimate, but his massive, 20-foot radius slow that also adds a 35-radius slow if you leave an axe. That is huge. And even if it isn't a stun, it is still ridiculously effective, not to mention the knockback.

Etc etc.

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by BestMinionEver » January 24, 2014 2:49am | Report
My point is that it is not a lot compared to the old "original" gods. So the amount of CC is not something that magically appeared (which it seems some ppl think), it has been the way Smite has been since before open beta :P

Just look at Ymir, Agni, Anhur, Ra (slow and blind), Artemis, Cupid, old Guan Yu, Anubis, Hades, Ares, old Sun Wukong/ Hun Batz, Sobek, Thor etc etc.

Jungle & Support main.

BestMinionEver
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (69)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » January 24, 2014 3:06am | Report

My point is that it is not a lot compared to the old "original" gods. So the amount of CC is not something that magically appeared (which it seems some ppl think), it has been the way Smite has been since before open beta :P

Just look at Ymir, Agni, Anhur, Ra (slow and blind), Artemis, Cupid, old Guan Yu, Anubis, Hades, Ares, old Sun Wukong/ Hun Batz, Sobek, Thor etc etc.

I think the reason why I think there are more CC heavy gods is because when we do get a CC god, it is really bad. Like Chang'e or Chaac or release day Mercury.

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by BestMinionEver » January 24, 2014 3:25am | Report
Subzero008 wrote:

I think the reason why I think there are more CC heavy gods is because when we do get a CC god, it is really bad. Like Chang'e or Chaac or release day Mercury.

I'm not against reducing the amount of CC in the game, but I do not feel that the CC is making the "bad" or less fun etc. It just makes it different from other MOBAs and the fact the Smite is so fast phased makes a 1 sec stun feel like a life time :P

The Waxing Moon 5 sec stun is like "brb, going to the wc" or "well, gonna go make a cup of tea cya in a bit" if you do not have Purification Beads. But if you stay spread out vs a Chang'e you are a lot better off. So IMO it all adds skill to the opponent more than to yourself, if you know what I mean?

So as I see it Smite (as it is now, with a lot of CC) is more about outplaying your attacker than outplaying someone you are attacking (then the attacker ofc has to try to predict your counters for what he is about to do). Someone tries to gank you with lets say Tyr you dodge the Fearless, and then you kill him or just [VEL] and keep on farming. Tyr is like "well poop" [VVGB]

Jungle & Support main.

BestMinionEver
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (69)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » January 24, 2014 3:41am | Report
A 5 second stun isn't the problem. Well, it is, but the real problem is the 3 second stun.

Imagine rotating as mid toward the solo lane, trying to gank Chang'e with your jungler. But you are ambushed, by another rotation or the enemy jungler, whatever.

You get hit by her stun, which is literally impossible to avoid in the jungle. You are in the back, and are slapped with a 2 second stun - the jungler was instantly focused and killed, and you now begin a fight with some damage and 2v1.

THAT is the problem. The fact that it is a stun that can reach the level of rank 5 ultimates from rank 1. As you can see in my Chang'e suggestion, I'm not against rewarding skill - I just think there needs to be a limit.

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by BestMinionEver » January 24, 2014 3:58am | Report
IMO that is stuff you have to think about, you see that the Chang'e isn't in her lane. Okey lets not stay in a group and rather reset or take different paths to the lane.

If you just suddenly stumble upon someone in the jungle you did not watch the minimap when you should have, so it is kind of your own mistake :P

Jungle & Support main.

BestMinionEver
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (69)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }