Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

OhHolyDuck's Damage Mitigation Build

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » Videos & Streams » OhHolyDuck's Damage Mitigation Build 14 posts - page 1 of 2
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by OhHolyDuck » August 27, 2018 11:21am | Report
Who needs protections when you mitigations right?!

Here is OhHolyDuck's Damage Mitigation Build. Enjoy!

https://youtu.be/g4SkhpAILXM

OhHolyDuck

Remarkable (5)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Gulfwulf » August 27, 2018 12:42pm | Report
Without watching the video, this statement makes no sense, Duck. Protections are what give you mitigation unless you're talking about situational mitigations like from items like Spirit Robe.

Gulfwulf
<Guardian Master>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Esteemed (81)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by OhHolyDuck » August 27, 2018 1:27pm | Report
*Pushes up glasses

Technically, protections and mitigations are very different.

Simply, protections can be countered by penetration and ignored by True Damage (Serq Ulti), whereas Damage Mitigations mean you straight up ignore that percentage of damage.

Mitigations work like this: You attack me for 100. I have 0 defense, but 20% mitigations. You only deal 80 to me even though I have 0 defense.

So couple that percentage of damage that is ignored PLUS defense/protections = Very tanky bois.

OhHolyDuck

Remarkable (5)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Branmuffin17 » August 27, 2018 1:32pm | Report
Next time watch the video first, Gulf. It's like making a comment on a build without seeing the build.
Branmuffin17
<Administrator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Exalted (394)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Branmuffin17 » August 27, 2018 1:47pm | Report
Mitigations are always appreciated. That said, having only 50 protections after pen calculations are considered provides 33%mitigation, true damage excepted. 25 protections provide 20%mitigation.so of course for max effectiveness, it's best to mix the two types of stats. Fortunately or unfortunately, most mitigation stats are situational/temporary.
Branmuffin17
<Administrator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Exalted (394)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Gulfwulf » August 27, 2018 4:35pm | Report
Branmuffin17 wrote:

Next time watch the video first, Gulf. It's like making a comment on a build without seeing the build.

Now why would I do a thing like that? :P

So I watched the video and I still disagree with the premise: you need a mix of protections, health, and DM.

Gulfwulf
<Guardian Master>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Esteemed (81)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by OhHolyDuck » August 28, 2018 6:42am | Report
I never said that those two items should be the only tank items you should build.

Just to build them on top of other protection items, with Gods with built in Mitigations in their kits, for max effectiveness.

Also, aren't mitigations caluclated before protections/penetration? Because I'm pretty sure they are.

OhHolyDuck

Remarkable (5)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Tlaloc1050 » August 28, 2018 7:59am | Report

1. % Damage Mitigation - Storm Call, Circle of Protection

2. Armour - Breastplate of Valor, Shogun's Kusari

3. Flat Damage Mitigation - Warrior's Blessing

@Duck I believe you're correct.

Source: click me

Tlaloc1050
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Established (17)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by OhHolyDuck » August 28, 2018 8:16am | Report
Tlaloc, that is a great source, thanks for that.

And you confirmed how smart I am, so double points to you sir! lol

OhHolyDuck

Remarkable (5)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by OhHolyDuck » August 28, 2018 8:19am | Report
I wanted to keep the vid short, because I didn't want to get into a ton of math, but the premise is on a God with easily applied percent damage mitigation, building Spirit Robe and Oni Hunter's will grant you a ton of % Damage mitigation, which the enemy can do nothing about. Also Oni's is so cheap, you can buy it super early on say a Bacchus (which I love doing), and before anyone is even close to having a ton of damage or Pen, you are basically unkillable, leading to snowballing and the dub.

It is just such a perfect idea!

On paper at least.

OhHolyDuck

Remarkable (5)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }