Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Who is the best 1v1 god as of 11/19

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » Theory Crafting » Who is the best 1v1 god as of 11/19 35 posts - page 1 of 4
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Xareth » November 19, 2012 7:11pm | Report
******Disclaimer: Story before question, question at the bottom*****

Ok, so I'm playing a solo queue conquest 5v5 and two players on my team won't stop crying about Bacchus being OP...maybe he is a bit but that's not the point. They are plying Thor and Artemis and I'm playing Loki.

We are doing well, lead in gold and kills teamwise, but these two keep trying to surrender. Naturally I tell them to stop dying and play better so that we can finish the match out and win. I had the best record on the team 10/5/something and Thor ends up something like 8/9/something. The whole match he is just dying, making absolutely terrible decisions teamwise as to where he is running and what he is doing, and telling everyone that he is $20 on the leaderboard, which seems like a load of bull. I call him out on this so he proceeds to challenge me to a joust after the match (which of course we lost because those two were playing so bad).

It turns out he is #18 on the leaderboard with something like 650 wins and who knows how many games played, but since he was talking trash the whole time I accepted his challenge. He told me he was going Arachne and I had never jousted before. I tried to think of a good counter, and foolishly picked Bastet, who I had only played maybe twice before. I didn't play well at all and he beat me decisively (2/6) although he didn't play very well either and it seems like a joke that he's #18.

Long story short, who is the best 1v1 all around and why? Who do you think would be the best god to counter Arachne 1v1 as well? I understand that every god is good and can be great in the hands of someone that knows how to use them, but I'm just talking 1v1.

Xareth

Notable (4)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Westighouse » November 19, 2012 7:36pm | Report
Few things here.
***its are important. Someone that is 0-7-32 is actually doing really really well for his team. I personally count every 2 assists as one kill. So leaving that out leaves the thought that maybe he had some high assists. That is neither here nor there for this tho.

He could be top 20 player either legit or through the well known exploits. Honestly maybe only a dozen people actually deserve a high rating in this game right now. The rest of them have just exploited to the top.

Who cares about 1v1. I know you are trying to think of a way to win a 1v1 for future things like this...but honestly....this game is not a 1v1. Its a team based game and you are either going to play as a team and win, or not play as a team and lose. Hence why solo queue is so frustrating. The vastly difference in play style along with mind sets just dont work well if you expect to be amazing at this game. It is also an entierly different game than if you actually played teams. So who cares what is the best really. You lost the joust big deal, the kid has forgotten all about you already and is probably exploiting his rank again untill its fixed.

Shrug it off, play more and learn from it. Then youll be able to carry yourself. You may have defeats, but your profile shows that you are doing well, it was your team that lost the game for ya. Keep playing, play better players and or play people that will help you learn things without belittling you.

Westighouse

Renowned (102)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Xareth » November 19, 2012 7:58pm | Report
Interesting perspective, I appreciate that as well as your advice.

As to my question, I'm not hung up on it but it got me thinking about which gods are actually better than others 1v1. I did post this in Theory Crafting after all! ^^

I am definitely not inferring that assists don't matter, they just weren't relevant in this game. Just for the record my team was:

Loki (me) 11/7/8
Thor (him) 9/11/4
Artemis (his friend) 4/14/9
Ra 0/11/0
Bacchus 8/4/7

Bacchus and I were playing well, and I killed at least 5-6 gods solo as Loki, so we really should have done better in that match.

Xareth

Notable (4)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Westighouse » November 19, 2012 8:18pm | Report
That is a question that can not be answered.
Each god will be good or bad depending on your personal playstyle and item build against the playstyle and build of the other person. Where you might destroy one person playing a god and think that its a bad god, it may have just been that person and not the gods fault.

For sake of argument lets say that you are in perfect skill, your computers are both the best in the world and item builds are flawless for the situation. A pure 100% perfection of everything, what god is the best.

Kali

She 100% is the best at soloing gods in the game right now.
Reason being, her steroid is so strong as well as her 2 being soooooo high of damage. Your 3 is a super strong life steal skill that on a full wave can pretty much give you a giant chuck of HP back. Her ult isnt for damage or kills, its a CC immunity basically. She then has passive lifesteal ontop of the HoG that you will surly own giving you lifesteal as well.

People will for sure argue that other gods are better, this is simply because again the question has a major flaw.

Westighouse

Renowned (102)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Xareth » November 19, 2012 8:29pm | Report
I like your answer. I was actually considering playing Kali, but for some reason I was thinking that I could drop my cats and damage Arachne through her 2 ability. Stupid me.

I may be biased because of the recent thrashing I received but it seems that Arachne's 2 (silence + damage + invuln + lifesteal) would make her one of the best 1v1 gods as well. Her other abliites are good also, but that 2 is a game changer in a joust.

Xareth

Notable (4)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Westighouse » November 19, 2012 8:33pm | Report
Arachne is a great god, her problem is, after early game she is REALLY worthless. In a joust if you out play her and deny her farm and kills she is nothing.

Your problem is you palyed Bastet who I find to be a powerful god that NEEDS a really good early game with a few kills. If she cant get those kills in the early game the rest of the game for her is subpar.

Westighouse

Renowned (102)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Thanax » November 20, 2012 10:45pm | Report
I find being slightly fed as Bakasura to be quite lulzy.
Check out my guide on Bakasura,

Bakasura, Eating the Competition

Here's my BBCode General post:

BBCode General

Thanax

Memorable (10)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by ze1and0nly » January 2, 2013 4:00pm | Report
asmoday, i completely disagree with you. Arachne for me as i build her is a late game character. whether it 5 v 5 or 1 v 1. She can do great things late game, basically if you learn to combo her ult, slow, and jump you can easily pick off enemy gods in team fights from the jungle, ive done this continuously. And i do believe arachne is by far the best 1 v 1 god, if built correctly. The problem i see with many arachnes are that they try and win 2 v 1s thinking their 2 will save them, most of the time the 2 is used before anything else which is the problem to begin with. With her pull, she can either get an enemy god back while theyre running along with her slow. Or she can initiate and immediately stun them giving her the upper hand. Then when they get off of stun you can easily jump on them removing another portion of their health and autoattack your way to victory

ze1and0nly

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Animusliberus » January 2, 2013 4:04pm | Report
ze1and0nly wrote:

asmoday, i completely disagree with you.

LOL talking to dead dudes? 0.o
necromancer much? XD

(asmoday left this site a long time ago)
if you need anything just PM or ask me when I'm streaming here

Animusliberus
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Esteemed (93)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Typoopie » February 5, 2013 8:30pm | Report
Arachne seems to be very powerful 1v1 atm. It's easy to grab farm with the spiders, and her ultimate can drag you in under the tower. Not to mention her lvl 3 jungling and ability to set up a proper ambush.

Vulcan, Kali, Loki and Anubis are also quite strong jousters.

That is my 5 cents.

Typoopie

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }